Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Shovelbum are your 20+ posts per page to try and convince us that the US is bad? Because I dont think anyone disagrees?

Or is it like, we should kill ourselves because nothing will ever improve? Or are you hoping someone will talk you out of feeling suicidally hopeless? What's the angle here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm watching rural PA social media and talking to my family back home in the hills, and the people in the red parts of the state are absolutely horny as hell for New York and Philadelphia deaths. They think it's great.

and people wonder why i lust for chud death

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'll admit, while this feels like something that should Matter, I'll believe it when I see it at this point. The urge to snap back to stagnant status quo is just so powerful, and isn't really dependent on the conditions experienced by the majority of society - small businesses can collapse, old people can die in staggering numbers, hospitals can be overwhelmed, record numbers of people can be jobless and evicted, but so long as the upper echelons of society are insulated from material consequences then they can continue pretending everything's normal.

The idea is that all that suffering and displacement has to lead to some kind of reaction that could crack the facade, but we don't even know what that would look like. "The same, but worse" on the other hand is an outcome we have a lot of experience with. If the biggest backlash people can muster is replacing the decrepit rapist Republican pawn of capital with the decrepit rapist Democrat pawn of capital then nothing much will change.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

euphronius posted:

I wouldn’t call those nation states

except maybe the white nationalists

so ok you have a point

also Utah

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

Yeah America is like Yugoslavia in the late 1980s, the sectarian violence hasn't shown up yet but the hatred is already open and out in public

The government is already starting a genocide just by manipulating who gets health resources and who doesn't

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Dolash posted:

I'll admit, while this feels like something that should Matter, I'll believe it when I see it at this point. The urge to snap back to stagnant status quo is just so powerful, and isn't really dependent on the conditions experienced by the majority of society - small businesses can collapse, old people can die in staggering numbers, hospitals can be overwhelmed, record numbers of people can be jobless and evicted, but so long as the upper echelons of society are insulated from material consequences then they can continue pretending everything's normal.

The idea is that all that suffering and displacement has to lead to some kind of reaction that could crack the facade, but we don't even know what that would look like. "The same, but worse" on the other hand is an outcome we have a lot of experience with. If the biggest backlash people can muster is replacing the decrepit rapist Republican pawn of capital with the decrepit rapist Democrat pawn of capital then nothing much will change.

The scale of this is far beyond anything any American has lived through. Take every major event in your life and roll them all up in a ball and it's still less pain, suffering, and shock than America is going to go through in 9 months of this year.

Maybe that leads to nothing. But if that's the case we'd be the first country in history to be able to just ignore something on that scale.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Judakel posted:

I'd let a million boomers die

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

every u.s. cable news station has a split-screen with real time numbers going up this is great television folks

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Gringostar posted:

i lust for chud death

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Wolfsheim posted:

Shovelbum are your 20+ posts per page to try and convince us that the US is bad? Because I dont think anyone disagrees?

Or is it like, we should kill ourselves because nothing will ever improve? Or are you hoping someone will talk you out of feeling suicidally hopeless? What's the angle here

look, just shout into this void until you feel better

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

One million infections per day is the high end prediction.

Herd immunity here we come baby!

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
the collective global "lol" when usa deaths hit 10k per day and they start trying to flee to other countries as refugees

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Wolfsheim posted:

trump

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

uh that cdc report is loving alarming

what report

also chicago had a giant spike in walking this weekend because it hit 70 for three straight days (back to 40 today)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mackers posted:

the collective global "lol" when usa deaths hit 10k per day and they start trying to flee to other countries as refugees

Imagine then other countries can steal Trump's line "Extreme vetting!" and "They aren't sending their best!"

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

what part of "stay the gently caress home" do you people not understand

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Nissan Stadium is located on the east bank of the Cumberland River, directly across the river from downtown Nashville and has a listed seating capacity of 69,143.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

snoo posted:

look you need to use Science and Facts and Peer Reviewed Journals to convince me that I should do anything besides whatever i feel like doing, and since it's nice out that means hanging out with friends

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I think you can get vitamin d from vaping now

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That's only the robotic vitamin d

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wait should I not be walking around outside

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

snoo posted:

MY GIRLFRIEND

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Nissan Stadium is located on the east bank of the Cumberland River, directly across the river from downtown Nashville and has a listed seating capacity of 69,143.

Can confirm

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

euphronius posted:

wait should I not be walking around outside

do whatever you want it's a free country it's your god given constitutional right to die of covid-19

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/chicoharlan/status/1257173046860886016?s=20

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1257349921230987265?s=20

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1255407317895524353?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

snoo posted:

do whatever you want it's a free country it's your god given constitutional right to die of covid-19

can’t keep my kids inside all day so I’m going to have to roll the dice on this one

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/StephenOddo/status/1257383080324669450?s=19

https://twitter.com/infinite_scream/status/1257383781650124800?s=19

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

getting the R0 below 1 requires these lockdowns and strict measures, why the gently caress do they think yanking those strict measures away as soon as it hits 1 is a good idea

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

euphronius posted:

I'm loving how this roni stuff is mainstreaming log axis for the most horrifying reason of all!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Marzzle posted:

I'm loving how this roni stuff is mainstreaming log axis for the most horrifying reason of all!

omg that’s log

holy poo poo lmao

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

mastershakeman posted:

look you need to use Science and Facts and Peer Reviewed Journals to convince me that I should do anything besides whatever i feel like doing, and since it's nice out that means hanging out with friends

asian countries didn't need a peer reviewed journal to do extensive lockdowns and quarantines. western countries used peer review and getting high off their own farts to justify doing nothing

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Marzzle posted:

log axis
omfg I didn't notice that before

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Gringostar posted:

this is why still going outside (while maintaining social distancing) is still a good thing so people just don't loving flip out and start making pipe bombs because they can't go to applebees

funny thing about that

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

snoo posted:

getting the R0 below 1 requires these lockdowns and strict measures, why the gently caress do they think yanking those strict measures away as soon as it hits 1 is a good idea

To be the "well...and things got worse" part of the documentary.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"Bradley Bunn" is definitely the kind of name that would do that

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

There are definitely vitamin D deficient agoraphobes in here mad at the idea of anyone stepping outside of their shame cube.

this is (was?) me

i recommend they look into an ssri, it might set them straight enough to go for a walk occasionally

i even went outside of my comfort zone and made omelettes over the weekend

im starting to wonder about proper nutrition/supplements to keep me level, its been pretty amazing how much easier it is to control my mood with just the pills

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

snoo posted:

You could also whisk everyone away to central quarantine who tests positive for monitoring and treatment, that approach collapses R0 the fastest. It's also what the new military junta will do later this year when they seize power, but instead of the chinese quarantine where they feed you steamed shrimp and pork belly in a repurposed convention center with TVs and board games you're likely to be stuffed into tents under armed guard

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

snoo posted:

If you stay inside in any building that's not a detached single unit dwelling then you're just going to get it from HVAC anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

omfg I didn't notice that before

euphronius posted:

omg that’s log

holy poo poo lmao

always gotta check for log axis on any roni charts. only way they can fit the massive carnage in while still comparing the USA to south korea