Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

if your place of living has a yard or a balcony or a porch then grow the gently caress up and stay the gently caress home

let the people with kids go to the trails and the parks because they need it way loving more than you do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

If you stay inside in any building that's not a detached single unit dwelling then you're just going to get it from HVAC anyway.

I found out that with the way my hvac works I won't have to worry about this but rip everyone else

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

snoo posted:

getting the R0 below 1 requires these lockdowns and strict measures, why the gently caress do they think yanking those strict measures away as soon as it hits 1 is a good idea

Northern Ireland goon. We've been around R0.7 for a couple of weeks now and are only beginning to talk about lifting some restrictions at some unspecified date in the future. Same situation in Scotland.

England and Wales are still well above R1 but will likely open up first because Tories.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
We've either hit the peak already, or the numbers were heavily skewed toward New York City and now as the rest of the country catches up we're going to see a huge spike

YOU MAKE THE CALL

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/IvanWerning/status/1256988298968535040?s=20

https://twitter.com/TinaTinde/status/1257015030278688775?s=20

https://twitter.com/cobbo3/status/1256972053342797825?s=20

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

lmao we're 100% hosed, guaranteed, book it

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

shovelbum posted:

give it another 2 weeks for every state to fully reopen and blammo, one cycle after that we're back into campaign season

I don’t think CNN is going to let coronavirus go as long as trump is on office.

it’s gonna be the Malaysian flight all over again.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Only 545 deaths in the USA so far. Looks like the lockdowns were causing the deaths after all.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

the only moral quarantine break is whatever im doing at any given time

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

snoo posted:

what part of "stay the gently caress home" do you people not understand

I'm sorry when I see a swear my brains goes blank, I don't think I understand any of that

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

It’s funny to me that you guys aren’t leaving your houses at all, must be a weird life

it's great actually

i mean i miss going out and seeing friends in person sure but to leave i have to go through my apartment's common area so i only go outside if i have to buy food or whatever

im lucky enough to be able to wfh so i try to help the people who cant by staying the gently caress inside, seems reasonable to me

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Every single tweet is better than the last

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I just want everybody to sit quietly in their apartments until they die.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Sextro posted:

I just want everybody to sit quietly in their apartments until they die.

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Gringostar posted:

this is why still going outside (while maintaining social distancing) is still a good thing so people just don't loving flip out and start making pipe bombs because they can't go to applebees

this is where i'm at. i think social distance should and will continue for over a year - and i'm relaxing my personal quarantine to a sustainable point. this means seeing my girlfriend and at some point I expect to return to work, not going to a crowded beach or getting on a plane.

rip me, maybe

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

power word- Jeb! posted:

it's great actually

i mean i miss going out and seeing friends in person sure but to leave i have to go through my apartment's common area so i only go outside if i have to buy food or whatever

im lucky enough to be able to wfh so i try to help the people who cant by staying the gently caress inside, seems reasonable to me

It's great, but I'm a homebody by nature and I'm still losing my mind

Another year of this and people are going to be straight up killing each other just for a change of pace

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
rename thread "the shovelbum thread" imho

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

fine go to your horribly busy trails and parks but stay the gently caress away from grocery stores and restaurants, thank u

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

snoo posted:

what part of "stay the gently caress home" do you people not understand

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HeavyBabyishHairstreak-mobile.mp4

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

snoo posted:

fine go to your horribly busy trails and parks but stay the gently caress away from grocery stores and restaurants, thank u

No

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

euphronius posted:

omg that’s log

holy poo poo lmao

Its better than bad, its good!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Slippery Nipple posted:

this is where i'm at. i think social distance should and will continue for over a year - and i'm relaxing my personal quarantine to a sustainable point. this means seeing my girlfriend and at some point I expect to return to work, not going to a crowded beach or getting on a plane.

rip me, maybe

Everybody has their own situation and ability to stay inside. There's a big difference between having to go for a walk because you have to for your metal health and coming to the thread to tell everyone how its totally safe and no issue at all.

So, I agree with you, and even went for 3 walks myself since march 5th. I like rain and have a lot of rain gear so I went during a downpour and mostly didn't see any other humans. But that doesn't mean I'm going to tell anyone its safe or a good idea.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

how long has it been since uve last been at sea sailor

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

90% of America’s current issues can be directly attributed to Fox News brainworming half the population into absolute shitheads.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Sounds like civil war to me, which is different than the society we live in today.

It's not going to go on as normal, and we're not going back to the pre-corona society.
civil war 2 better have 3 factions or i'm not buying it

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

the cost of public transport should be covered by the government and if capacity is too low to allow for proper social distancing they can buy more buses and hire more drivers

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

euphronius posted:

Yeah they're also predicting 3,000 deaths PER DAY in the same breath, which is 90k a month. So far there have only been 69k deaths (nice).

There's going to be another panic.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

:colbert:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

wow nate, the government shouldn't just use statistics to manipulate people. that's your intellectual property!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Slippery Nipple posted:

rip me, maybe

Yeah, even if you're taking this seriously at some point you've gotta leave the house and there's no reason to hide at home if nobody else is because this is a public health emergency more than it is for any individual that isn't high risk. We're just saying 'RIP' to whole segments of the population and the rest of us just get to roll the dice and hope we're in the majority of people that don't have serious issues.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

We could all start wearing cleansuits I guess.
Chuds would still go insane

we'd need UBI to keep the economy/country from further imploding

The dying remnants of our manufacturing sector would be replaced with cheaper foreign labor or entirely automated away
our service industry would disappear

I don't know what's left after that
middle managers and programmers basically

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

euphronius posted:

whoa my prediction tracks the median pretty well lol

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

You could also whisk everyone away to central quarantine who tests positive for monitoring and treatment, that approach collapses R0 the fastest. It's also what the new military junta will do later this year when they seize power, but instead of the chinese quarantine where they feed you steamed shrimp and pork belly in a repurposed convention center with TVs and board games you're likely to be stuffed into tents under armed guard

summary execution probably stops the spread even faster

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

it kind of bungles my mind that there is still misinformation or just straight up missing information on how this is transmitted. Like people want to go out and poo poo is going to reopen, but you’d hope there’s be at least updated/better studies transmission info, but alas keep 6 ft away maybe and also wash your hands every now and then!!! wear a mask! wow helpful! maybe tell people exactly how they can shop safely, walk outside/exercise safely, go to dr appointments safely, etc. at least try and mitigate the crazies

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

snoo posted:

their gonna ride straight from the trail to ur grocery store to buy some Smart Water

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

We could all start wearing cleansuits I guess.
Chuds would still go insane

we'd need UBI to keep the economy/country from further imploding

The dying remnants of our manufacturing sector would be replaced with cheaper foreign labor or entirely automated away
our service industry would disappear

I don't know what's left after that
middle managers and programmers basically

lotta people gonna need to learn to code so buy stock in people who do that.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Smart Water?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

H2know

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Nissan Stadium is located on the east bank of the Cumberland River, directly across the river from downtown Nashville and has a listed seating capacity of 69,143.

so close to getting the sex number AND the weed number, drat. what could have been...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

Try living in the Midwest

Also "own" means "has giant mortgage"

I live in the Twin Cities

I'm 37 and bought my home (small condo) in 2011 for 170k lol

then I refinanced for 2.875% several years ago, cutting nine years off my mortgage

I have no kids and no debt tho (except mortgage)