Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Woofer posted:

they don’t. testing is going to get capped (I think it already is) and then eventually reduced and then official cases will go down and bing bong so simple.

In 1 to 5 years this will be a niche issue for crazy college Trotsky types like school of the Americas or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

No hospitals to overwhelm means no oversight or reporting, chuds will bury grandma in the ditch by the road and go on as if nothing happened

What scares me is that you actually believe this.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I just think it’s funny to go somewhere and complain about all of the people that had the same idea you did.

if they’re stupid, you’re stupid.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Woofer posted:

I just think it’s funny to go somewhere and complain about all of the people that had the same idea you did.

no in different and the virus understands this

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I’m very proud of everyone. we beat coronavirus and it’s time to get back to work. I really can’t believe we made it but it’s gone. it’s done. bye bye

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Woofer posted:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

What scares me is that you actually believe this.

Think of all the horrible poo poo happening everyday in America that is literally not discussed outside far left circles until there's a really egregious and public example that gets one news cycle, rinse and repeat

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Things are going to get crazy in 2020. Stay frosty and maintain good posting discipline.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

My favorite thing is that even our lovely measures had flattened the curve and we were on our way to victory but lmao then everywhere reopened and people in lockdown are just ignoring it

lmao bull loving poo poo not two weeks ago you were screaming that mass death was already here and the figures couldn't be trusted.

Apr 7, 2003

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

lmao bull loving poo poo not two weeks ago you were screaming that mass death was already here and the figures couldn't be trusted.

to be fair, nearly 60,000 people in one month is pretty impressive.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MorrisBae posted:

Americans getting shot trying to sneak across the Mexican border to go drinking is going to be funny

When we start getting shot trying to flee for our lives...not so much

in order to make it harder for Americans to cross the border, Mexican authorities will construct some kind of barrier, and pay for it out of their own pockets

:chaostrump:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Two weeks ago there was no evidence our poo poo was working and now here it is right after we abandoned it

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

shovelbum posted:

No hospitals to overwhelm means no oversight or reporting, chuds will bury grandma in the ditch by the road and go on as if nothing happened

we should be so lucky. Believe it or not chuds actually care about their grandparents and family. They will gladly blame it on whoever the usual boogiemen are. Maybe that's buisness as usual, but it sure as hell won't be like 'nothing happened'

Republicans are banking on whatever anger they do feel can be redirected however they like. Hence China.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

pigz posted:

we should be so lucky. Believe it or not chuds actually care about their grandparents and family. They will gladly blame it on whoever the usual boogiemen are. Maybe that's buisness as usual, but it sure as hell won't be like 'nothing happened'

Republicans are banking on whatever anger they do feel can be redirected however they like. Hence China.

Yeah they're already manufacturing consent for a straight up China war lmao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol that many people die WITH car accidents a month bro

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

Two weeks ago there was no evidence our poo poo was working and now here it is right after we abandoned it

So whatever currently justifies your state of morbid hysteria, that's the evidence that matters.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Google Butt posted:

you're right we should abolish car culture

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

with Covid just remember 'the worst is yet to come'

Apr 7, 2003

Google Butt posted:

Total auto crash related deaths in the US is ~37K a year

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

look we can all agree that america is a demon cracker nation and completely hosed for the foreseeable future

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
SHM i thought you learned not to go all-in on your posting attacks because when you do you turn into an annoying-rear end pedant

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

pigz posted:

chuds being the cause of all their own problems but blaming the other for them

“not back to normal”

:thunk:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Total auto crash related deaths in the US is ~37K a year

oh word? Lmao

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

snoo posted:

look we can all agree that america is a demon cracker nation and completely hosed for the foreseeable future

yup

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

SHM i thought you learned not to go all-in on your posting attacks because when you do you turn into an annoying-rear end pedant

Right... "Turns into"

Apr 7, 2003

26 people died from car crashes in 1899

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

the upper bound of that would mean the end of the united states as a nation state, so you should hope the media was just covering their bases in case of total failure by priming the pump for "everyone is going to get it" because if that does happen, hoo boy

lol if you think that a couple million dead would cause the us to collapse

we'll run a tv special every year to remember their brave sacrifice so that we all can enjoy half-off appeteasers and unlimited $1 long island ice tea and most people will just not care

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Boston Protest

https://mobile.twitter.com/WCVB/status/1257374934621356032

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattPStout/status/1257373889434464256

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattPStout/status/1257380246137036801

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattPStout/status/1257382429695922176

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

A bunch of pages back but I gotta ask how you have a computer in 2020 that doesn't have a built in webcam? I have an old iMac and an old Thinkpad I bought for $20 each and they have webcams.

Easy, it's a DIY desktop and who the gently caress buys a webcam for a gaming/shitposting machine. Except now it's also my office computer and every meeting is zoom now ~for reasons~. I'm glad I bought a comfortable chair last year.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i should play warthunder again, must be a big pop boom you figure. Dominating arcade with that fuckin premium x-something plane lmao, the twin engine boom and zoom one loving owned before they uptiered it

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

shovelbum posted:

Yeah they're already manufacturing consent for a straight up China war lmao

I still don't understand where you're getting this from, war with China would be a massive disaster and the military has to know this

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

chuds being the cause of all their own problems but blaming the other for them

“not back to normal”

:thunk:

lol read the post I specifically said it would be 'business as usual' to blame others for their own problems, but it wouldn't be like 'nothing happened' when grandma died. They will be 10x rabbid about this at all the wrong people.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mons Hubris posted:

I still don't understand where you're getting this from, war with China would be a massive disaster and the military has to know this

Pompeo was just on TV saying it was made in a Chinese lab, the administration doesn't have to care what the military itself thinks, they just follow orders

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

you could even say that its exceptional

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

shovelbum posted:

Pompeo was just on TV saying it was made in a Chinese lab, the administration doesn't have to care what the military itself thinks, they just follow orders

I mean Pompeo can say all the sinophobic poo poo wants but that is not nearly the same thing

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Salt of the Earth there.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mons Hubris posted:

I could honestly see it working out if both sides agree to use it as a means to drum up nationalism and a way to funnel more money to their militaries.
Wars can be so damned profitable if both sides are into it. Plus the only people that have to get hurt anymore are the low-rent soldiers. A couple thousands casualties and some military bases every now and then and you've got an infinite supply of jingoism and military budget increases.

I'm surprised we haven't seen this sort of arrangement already, to be honest.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Azathoth posted:

lol if you think that a couple million dead would cause the us to collapse

we'll run a tv special every year to remember their brave sacrifice so that we all can enjoy half-off appeteasers and unlimited $1 long island ice tea and most people will just not care

Applebees 3 for 2 appetizers with purchase of a bucket of corona virus memorial corona beers

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

pigz posted:

lol read the post I specifically said it would be 'business as usual' to blame others for their own problems, but it wouldn't be like 'nothing happened' when grandma died. They will be 10x rabbid about this at all the wrong people.

eh if it’s like my distant in-laws from West Virginia posting on Facebook getting family killed through sheer incompetence is mostly just an oopsie that requires prayer emojis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mons Hubris posted:

I mean Pompeo can say all the sinophobic poo poo wants but that is not nearly the same thing

Remember yellowcake? This, China virus, Asian hornet coverage wall to wall