Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Nandor obivously have money, but how? He doesn't seem competent enough to have invested or saved up money.

Gold has done very well since the 13th century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

Gold has done very well since the 13th century.

Nandor doesn't strike me as a person that wouldn't spend his gold on frivolous stuff. That's assuming that he had that much gold to begin with.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
*looks at Nandor's gold hoard* drat that's a good haul. I heard that Genghis Khan had like 50 times that much gold, though.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I love Nandor's accent. I've seen his actor in other stuff and it's weird hearing him speak in a generic south England accent.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Arglebargle III posted:

I love Nandor's accent. I've seen his actor in other stuff and it's weird hearing him speak in a generic south England accent.

I adore the movie Four Lions, I absolutely love it, but I had no idea Nandor was in it until someone told me well after I watched the entire first season of this show!

Goon faceblindness is real.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

That movie is way too sad!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just think rubber dinghy rapids, bro.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Goon faceblindness is real.

To be fair to wardrobe/makeup/whoever they did a good job on gooning him up for this. That actor is an.... exceedingly pretty dude. And Natasia Demetriou isn't hard on the eyes either.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arglebargle III posted:

That movie is way too sad!

Four Lions is one of the saddest comedies I've ever seen. I'm not saying it isn't good (it is good, very good, I recommend watching it), but the black humor in that is soul crushing at times.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

https://ew.com/tv/mark-hamill-what-we-do-in-the-shadows-vampire-exclusive/

Spill it: who knew Mark Hamill was in this season?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

We all did because it was announced between seasons.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo he's playing Laszlo's ancient rival, it's going to be amazing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alhazred posted:

Nandor doesn't strike me as a person that wouldn't spend his gold on frivolous stuff. That's assuming that he had that much gold to begin with.

He was some kind of nobleman in the past what with the whole army and wives thing. Also there's the whole way they can just take whatever they want with the hypnotizing ability.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Coworkers die. Vampire roommates, they’re forever.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh God Nadja and Nandor flying at each other only to sink back into their seats was so good

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

RIP C-Man.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Pablo Picasso? More like Pablo Picasshole.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Was there an episode where Colin had a duel or did I imagine that/see a preview

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What's that painting where she's talking about the battle and it being windy

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was there an episode where Colin had a duel or did I imagine that/see a preview

He went up against vanessa bayer's energy vamp character in the first season

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That was fantastic, Colin Robinson's smoothing his bald head and having a full head of hair straight afterwards was an awesome edit.

"Hello, Mr. Robinson."
"Call me Colin... Robinson."

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
That was great.

I've always loved how they call call him Colinrobinson as all one word.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

lmao this episode

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Colin is terrifying. Possibly more powerful than the rest of the vamps.

This show is fantastic, crazy to think we’re halfway through.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

It looks Bosch or Brugel inspired. Kinda hellscapish.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Colin Robinson is such a terrifying and unique monster. I love everything about this show, but he really is something special.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
This episode confirms to me that if Colin Robinson wanted to, he could probably overpower the whole Vampire Council.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That was my favorite episode yet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

That was fantastic, Colin Robinson's smoothing his bald head and having a full head of hair straight afterwards was an awesome edit.

"Hello, Mr. Robinson."
"Call me Colin... Robinson."

From that gif it looks like he was wearing the wig and they put a CG baldcap on him.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Someone screen cap that painting and post it so we can gimage search it please :)

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

muscles like this! posted:

From that gif it looks like he was wearing the wig and they put a CG baldcap on him.

When he was shaving his head I thought they were giving him a giant head a la The Master from Hulk comics but when he went upstairs and tripled his head looked normal.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I can’t believe I doubted this show

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I laughed pretty hard at Nadja telling everyone else that they couldn't look at her vulva painting but then proudly showing it off to the camera crew. Also how everyone else was on board with C-Man.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I appreciated Nadja mentioning that the water near the village gave the villagers the dancing sickness.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is it, I believe. Not a Bosch, but one of his imitators. Christ in Limbo is one of those ones that had a dozen artists do it after his style.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

I laughed pretty hard at Nadja telling everyone else that they couldn't look at her vulva painting but then proudly showing it off to the camera crew. Also how everyone else was on board with C-Man.

Nadja: It's my vulva!
Laszlo: Yes it is, my dear!

Something about his appreciative agreement absolutely cracked me up :allears:

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Hah, that was great. I love that Colin had no idea what the company did.

Swollen Member
Aug 4, 2019

You know you want it...
One thing that I really appreciate about this show is the demented imagination of the writers. The pitch-perfect acting is just sprinkles on top.

Seriously, this poo poo is more imaginative than most fantasy shows. I just loving enjoy it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Holy poo poo this show gives me so much joy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

It's amazing how this show can take a joke that's been done a million times and make it funny again.

The entire conference call segment had me laughing like an idiot. "Conference calls suck" isn't a fresh joke or anything, but adding on the fact that an energy vampire is doing it in order to drain your energy? It suddenly becomes funny again.