Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/05/04/people-meeting-trump-phoenix-get-coronavirus-tested/3079282001/

quote:

WASHINGTON – Medical personnel are administering coronavirus tests to anyone who might come into contact with President Donald Trump during his visit Tuesday to Arizona, administration officials said Monday.

"Those who will be in close proximity to the president will be tested for COVID-19," White House spokesman Judd Deere said.

Security plans for Trump's trip to a Honeywell aerospace plant in Phoenix that manufactures protective masks mimic policy at the White House. Visitors expected to meet with either the president or Vice President Mike Pence are given tests designed to detect coronavirus.

Tests for Trump's trip are ongoing so that results will be available before he lands in Phoenix midday Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

euphronius posted:

love that couch immensely

It was like 450$ on Amazon

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I was like why the gently caress does Los Alamos Middle have a projection, I went there and they have no business doing projections for this. Then I realized it was a LANL projection, and that was the middle projection. :/

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

mine is pretty pissed I caught him learning math

I love this so much

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
im training at 100x covid levels

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

facetoucher cat posted:

I love this so much

he somehow drew a drat x in the book I’m honestly worried for my safety

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
The Strangers keyboardist just died of COVID-19 :negative:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Is that a high school math textbook

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Lol this will spike the case count and expose a bunch of cases. Like it's really gonna mess with the plant operations. How could it not?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Hunting for furniture is the worst thing ever and while I'm not a fan of shopping on Amazon I've had the best experience buying furniture off it. I'd wanted a mustard couch forever and when my old one finally died I had my wish

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Crusader posted:

i got you fam

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

SKULL.GIF posted:

Is that a high school math textbook

yeah I teach it

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

LMAO

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

lol he's screaming at Pence for wearing a mask while spreading Rona everywhere he goes

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

yeah I teach it

How are the kids holding up?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
when you lay down on a couch its a hot dog

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

id rather sit on the floor than buy a potential bed bug bomb from craigs

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
The mobility change graphs on the latest IHME update are pretty cool.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1257395806602223616

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

America First, America alone:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-world-comes-together-for-a-virtual-vaccine-summit-the-us-is-conspicuously-absent/ar-BB13AE4p

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Durf posted:

lol he's screaming at Pence for wearing a mask while spreading Rona everywhere he goes

It's like a slapstick routine where one does something stupid and hits and screams the others

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

when you lay down on a couch its a hot dog

OMG I can never unsee this it's too funny to me rn

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/Oathkeepers/status/1256688719198912513

:sickos:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

yeah I teach it

But you won't teach your own cat. Rude.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

COVID-420 posted:

every single weekend...

but the reporting from red states is getting worse by the day. arizona and missouri have joined south carolina and florida in openly bullshitting their death counts.

What did those states specifically do?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

facetoucher cat posted:

How are the kids holding up?

other than the fact that they all seem to wake up at 5pm now they are good, online class is fun I honestly look forward to it every day

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Zotix posted:

I was like why the gently caress does Los Alamos Middle have a projection, I went there and they have no business doing projections for this. Then I realized it was a LANL projection, and that was the middle projection. :/

trumo is the presdiet

middle schoolers are qualified sir

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

RandomBlue posted:

But you won't teach your own cat. Rude.

you don’t know him he would use it for evil

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
What do the megacorps think of this? Google, Apple, etc seem to have some rudimentary ability to think beyond TROMIP and next quarter and it seems like a lot of big white collar employers are on perma-wfh

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Another day of no new cases on Oahu, one new case on Big Island.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

shovelbum posted:

What do the megacorps think of this? Google, Apple, etc seem to have some rudimentary ability to think beyond TROMIP and next quarter and it seems like a lot of big white collar employers are on perma-wfh

do you beliiiieeevveeee in life after trump

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Stereotype posted:

Another day of no new cases on Oahu, one new case on Big Island.

trump is gunna force you guys to open up

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

mastershakeman posted:

What did those states specifically do?

Florida is blocking county medical examiners from releasing their own numbers because the state wants to fudge them and it makes it much harder when you can easily see discrepancies.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1257428267985965056

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

shovelbum posted:

The rumors I hear at Google are probably perma wfh in EMEA and NA at least through the summer.

Also biz travel is probably 86'ed for the rest of the year unless you have a very good reason and a permission sliped signed by a jr exec level (VP) manager. The hotel and airline industries are fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Pretty cool that monday set new lows every week.

Pretty cool that friday and saturday set highs records every week.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

trump is gunna force you guys to open up

They are going to start opening up the local economy this week or next week but there are still lots of arguments on how to safely let tourists back (the most recent plan I heard was a 3 day mandatory hotel-room only quarantine after which you can get tested and if it comes back negative you can go out, otherwise you're stuck. Also if you don't want the test you can always just have a mandatory two week quarantine).

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

other than the fact that they all seem to wake up at 5pm now they are good, online class is fun I honestly look forward to it every day

That's good to hear actually and I'd have woken up at that hour at that age myself given the circumstances. Now I'm up at 5am because I'm insane

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

im training at 100x covid levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The megacorp that hired me sight unseen in the moments before Michigan’s lockdown says I can work from home until June, but they’re very sorry about it as they know I crave the office