Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

:kimchi: This gave me the giggles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

That's nice but I'd like to see that 100% off

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

How do we get it 100% off, nyuk nyuk nyuk

In Skyrim, that’s exactly how you get a five‐finger discount on it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Beachcomber posted:

I guess I’m gonna be that guy but can we not use WebP please

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
:agreed:

Beachcomber posted:

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I think I have been staying home for to long:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
V‐E day commemoration but truncated

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AaVzo6Xwvo

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

mobby_6kl posted:

That's nice but I'd like to see that 100% off

another day volunteering at the edward lear museum. everyone keeps asking me if they can gently caress the Quangle Wangle's hat. buddy,

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I'm a jittery, anxiety-riddled wreck right now because I have an important job interview in a couple hours, and I just wanna say this totally took the edge off. Thank you.

(Hopefully if they ask what I do for hobbies/spare time I don't blurt out "I like dogs now", though)

Did you get the job?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I'm a jittery, anxiety-riddled wreck right now because I have an important job interview in a couple hours, and I just wanna say this totally took the edge off. Thank you.

(Hopefully if they ask what I do for hobbies/spare time I don't blurt out "I like dogs now", though)

I had an interview recently for where they asked about hobbies, my mind started racing because making nightmarish noise, collecting records, and growing mushrooms doesn’t sound good. Hope you had something better prepared than I did!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Just say that it's a bit cliché but you've started baking. Shows that you can follow directions, pay attention to details, and engage in the inane normie small talk required to ingratiate yourself with your coworkers.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Data Graham posted:

I guess I’m gonna be that guy but can we not use WebP please

I just copied the imgur url. First I've ever heard of webp, and no idea why it's bad or what to do about it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Beachcomber posted:

I just copied the imgur url. First I've ever heard of webp, and no idea why it's bad or what to do about it.

They don’t display on awful app. All you see is a little blank box, and to get to the url you’d need to quote the post.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

fartknocker posted:

They don’t display on awful app. All you see is a little blank box, and to get to the url you’d need to quote the post.

But they do, at least on Android.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Trabant posted:

But they do, at least on Android.

They don't on iOS. This came up, I think in this thread, a few weeks ago that it doesn't work in all browsers or on all devices or something like that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think it's because Google owns it and apple is being a piece of poo poo about it

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

To be fair, not putting in the effort of supporting something Google has made is the most sensible option.

Nobody in their right mind should give Google the time of day when they show up with yet another protocol, format, platform, anything.
Because they're just going to dunk that baby in the trash at some point, regardless of how much they push it at the start.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

SubNat posted:

To be fair, not putting in the effort of supporting something Google has made is the most sensible option.

Nobody in their right mind should give Google the time of day when they show up with yet another protocol, format, platform, anything.
Because they're just going to dunk that baby in the trash at some point, regardless of how much they push it at the start.

Apple being incompatible with everything is a good thing :smug:

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

SubNat posted:

It's a file format. No one needs Google to maintain it for it to continue to be useful.

Here hold my beer, I'm just going to block JSON on all my devices gently caress yooooooou google

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Apple is being lovely about it because they bet on jpeg2000 and no one else did and now they’re just sitting in a huff waiting for everyone else to conform to their desires. OTOH gently caress google with a rake.

In conclusion web formats are a land of contrasts

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm glad apple users can't see it, that's what they get for buying a product based solely on the name and logo

:smugdog:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
It wasn't even a funny meme outdated as hell even

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Sjs00 posted:

It wasn't even a funny meme outdated as hell even

Would've been better with Jimmy Barnes :colbert:

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Gaukler posted:

Apple is being lovely about it because they bet on jpeg2000 and no one else did and now they’re just sitting in a huff waiting for everyone else to conform to their desires. OTOH gently caress google with a rake.

Weirdly enough, turns out the film industry is one of the few places jpeg2000 sees use. Most films are distributed in file formats where the vast majority of space is taken up by jpeg2000s of each individual frame, plus smaller audio and scripts which collate them together.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Randaconda posted:

i'm glad apple users can't see it, that's what they get for buying a product based solely on the name and logo

I take back everything nice I’ve ever said about the Jaguars.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Randaconda posted:

The irony in this statement is so thick I can’t breathe

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:colbert:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Gaukler posted:

JPEG2000 deserves to lose the lossless compression format war for having such a lame-rear end name.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

JPEG2000 is the singer of my Outkast cover band, Webkast.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Woebin posted:

The other half is, of course, Bmp Boi.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Woebin posted:

lol

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Woebin posted:

"Shake it like a celluloid filmstrip"

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

That's not a picture of Dorohedoro :colbert:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

13 year old me thought the Vampire Hunter D movie was awesome. All the panty shots of the blond girl and remember when her boob popped out? A classic.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

oldpainless posted:

13 year old me thought the Vampire Hunter D movie was awesome. All the panty shots of the blond girl and remember when her boob popped out? A classic.

It was on HBO late at night, it was the first anime I ever saw...I went on to think anime was cool af for years until I actually watched more anime.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

lol so good