Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Mozi posted:

safety would make it impossible. there's no money cheddar in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
it's safe, it just fires wadding.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

LifeSunDeath posted:

If you’re a coward, maybe

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

If you’re a coward, maybe

ok, fill it with cheese

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Just make sure you don't put it on anything flammable. Or move it. Or stand somewhere that's going to be showered in mouse skull fragments.

Plus the mouse needs to stand in a very specific spot when it trips the trigger arm that you can't really bait. This is more of a mouse suicide device than a trap, to be honest.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Sagebrush posted:

back before modern medicine, people did NOT gently caress around with vermin
No lie.

LifeSunDeath posted:

That's what Brandon Lee and Jon-Erik Hexum thought

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Heard of someone making a squirrel trap like that, but with a crossbow and a laser trip "wire".

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Yeah, youtube also recommended me the mouse trap guy

https://youtu.be/0M5XP5R7wHk

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

This isn’t that different and it’s sold today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdD5Pe9e2cM

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Do not watch "Exploding Varmits," it will haunt you.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

the only thing more terrifying than being injured in the woods alone, is being injured suspended from a tree in the woods alone.

Hanging upside down by your ankle.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
For some reason, I always seem to think I can pull myself up to the rope with my trouser fabric in that situation.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

WW1 trenches were rife with ingenious rat traps involving rifles and bits of string.

"What are you shooting at over there, Hans?!"
"Just rats, Tommy."
"Ah, carry on then. Are we still on for tomorrow's shelling?"
*BANG*
"Sani!"

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Platystemon posted:

There's also the FAE equivalent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIMfir6r1Rc

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Lol that you can't stand any farther away than literally right over the explosion. This guy go covered in dirt:

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

LifeSunDeath posted:

Lol that you can't stand any farther away than literally right over the explosion. This guy go covered in dirt:

How are the risks to the gophers being managed in these videos

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Piss Meridian posted:

How are the risks to the gophers being managed in these videos

call GOSHA

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
You fool!

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has no power here.

You have dug too greedily and too deep. You have entered the domain of the MSHA, the Mine Safety and Health Administration.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Quite disappointed that there wasn't a shot with a gopher near the exit hole such that you could see it go whistling over the horizon like the BBQ pig in that one Simpsons episode.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Or running down the hole towards the camera in slow motion giving a little gopher yell as the flame front of the blast expands dramatically behind it.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

God drat it! There's no justice in this world!!!

quote:

For 18 years Rodenator produced the finest and only one- piece concussive force rodent eliminating device in the marketplace. Rodenators shipped world wide and set a new high-water mark in the industry.

Rodenator experienced a major embezzlement and theft of assets by the CEO and Director of Operations.

The company formally known as Rodenator filed for dissolution with the Secretary of State of Idaho in July of 2019.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

The pros actually use peanut butter, as I learned from the grumpy janitor who had to set up mousetraps in my room in the Old Faithful Inn.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I wish work wouldn't power the machines by dangling a power strip from the roof.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The Molecat guy has a video about this one too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM09ZgY2qPM

The verdict: It's unsafe and probably illegal to leave a loaded gun in a booby trap just lying around, so he tested it with an unloaded gun. It works.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 07:35 on May 5, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I don’t understand why he had no problem setting up the molecat to kill a rat, but the revolver trap is beyond the pale.

They fire the same ammunition. They pose the same danger to life and limb.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The revolver is a functional weapon, the Molecat isn't. Bullets won't fit in the Molecat.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Nierbo posted:

I wish work wouldn't power the machines by dangling a power strip from the roof.

Is the emergency stop just pulling on the power strip to yank it out of the ceiling socket?

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
I suppose you'd rather have it running across the floor so someone could trip over it smdh.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

poor rat, gets to his front door and BLAOW

(a large version of the image here https://i.imgur.com/DaCy4JR.png )

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
All these contraptions still seem way more humane than rat poison.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

McSpanky posted:

The revolver is a functional weapon, the Molecat isn't. Bullets won't fit in the Molecat.

But you can fit a bullet in a polecat

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Cat Hatter posted:

Even if you ignore the safety concerns, that is a terrible mousetrap.

I know right? does it even trap the mouse? Or just shoot it?

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

wesleywillis posted:

I know right? does it even trap the mouse? Or just shoot it?

Probably scatters it in randomly sized chunks, when what I really need is a soup-like homogenate, dammit.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Probably scatters it in randomly sized chunks, when what I really need is a soup-like homogenate, dammit.

Is there a timeframe in which you'd prefer this soup-like homogenate? How about foaming, is that going to be a problem?

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Memento posted:

Is there a timeframe in which you'd prefer this soup-like homogenate? How about foaming, is that going to be a problem?

You guys are dreaming: there is nothing on the market that can do this. Especially not one that can maintain a constant speed regardless of changes in solution viscosity.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I am imagining what that could do for my samples.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Memento posted:

Just replace the revolver with a Sodastream.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

That's what Brandon Lee and Jon-Erik Hexum thought

Hexum was the one who died of a blank against his head. Brandon Lee's death was more complex: they were filming without a qualified armorer on a long night and decided to make dummy rounds by pulling the bullets, dumping the powder, and putting the bullets back in the cases. They didn't notice that the primer detonation had pushed the bullet into the barrel, and then they loaded a blank for the wide angle...

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

McSpanky posted:

The Molecat guy has a video about this one too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM09ZgY2qPM

The verdict: It's unsafe and probably illegal to leave a loaded gun in a booby trap just lying around, so he tested it with an unloaded gun. It works.

Of course it was made in texas...ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

This was just a ploy by the vermin society to get people to surrender their guns to rats. Who knows what the world would look like if it had succeeded.