Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

ryanrs posted:

It's probably just separate commercial vs consumer flour supply chains. Total flour consumption shouldn't have changed much.

king Arthur reported flour sales to individuals rose 2,000 percent due to people baking at home. They have the wheat but milling can't keep up with demand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad I got like 20 lbs of king Arthur before this poo poo popped off

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

I dunno, Hawaii seems to be doing ok. Is it widely consumed elsewhere?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

BrownianMotion posted:

Everyone stuck at home is teaching themselves to bake or baking way more than they used to right now I read a thing that mills just don't have capacity for surge in demand

This is why we MUST re-open the restaurants now!!! FREE AMERICA!!!!!

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

ryanrs posted:

It's probably just separate commercial vs consumer flour supply chains. Total flour consumption shouldn't have changed much.

big assumption here that amateur bakers eat everything they make

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Yes. But the next shortage will be fresh fruits and vegetables.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

BrownianMotion posted:

big assumption here that amateur bakers eat everything they make

I hosed up a rhubarb crumble the other day and had to throw it out :(

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

twoday posted:

how

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

i tried to make a large batch of homemade tortillas and while i was able to eat the first few i threw away about 70% because it uhh didnt keep

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

They're going to test it on Palestinians aren't they

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

BrownianMotion posted:

i tried to make a large batch of homemade tortillas and while i was able to eat the first few i threw away about 70% because it uhh didnt keep

freezer my dude

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

goons celebrating food waste itt

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

twoday posted:

I tried to make roasted chickpeas yesterday and at full time they were a little under done so I threw them back in the oven for another 10 minutes and game back and they were all rock hard burnt bits of carbon and not delicious roasted chickpeas.

I did manage to salvage a few that weren’t fully burnt as a nice snack, at least.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

The Alpha Centauri posted:

no one should be surprised by this

i believe the first thing i said when i heard about grimes' pregnancy was "that kid is going to have the dumbest loving name"

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

2020: The year of content continues to own :laffo:

twoday
May 4, 2005

I was out of butter so I used oil instead, but I didn't adjust the cooking time or keep a watchful eye on it because I was busy cooking other stuff and it burnt

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Neon Noodle posted:

freezer my dude

oh no they were uhh, not good at staying together. they weren.t good tortillas is what i'm saying. they were bad tortillas. i failed at making tortillas.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

BrownianMotion posted:

oh no they were uhh, not good at staying together. they weren.t good tortillas is what i'm saying. they were bad tortillas. i failed at making tortillas.

tortill uhhh lemme be clear they were not functional

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
lol if elon musk accidentally kills tom cruise

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

*takes isralimab antibody therapy*

*dies*

"he knew what he signed up for, but at least the silent enemy didn't defeat him" :yooge:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Dr. VooDoo posted:

2020: The year of content continues to own :laffo:

Seriously though. Am I in a coma?

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
"Ameripab antibody is the best. some say the greatest of antibody therapies" :yooge:

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

tortill uhhh lemme be clear they were not functional

mods please change the cspam reading list book Conquest of Bread to Contrite of Bread so future goons know to feel shame for their bad baking skills

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Drinkfist posted:

Seriously though. Am I in a coma?

I can’t decide if Musk killing Tom Cruise in a botched space launch or America getting invaded by giant killer hornets is the best new story this week and it’s only Tuesday

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
https://twitter.com/baltimoresun/status/1257516646966714369

ocean lovely

twoday
May 4, 2005

Dutch riot police on horseback disperse an anti-lockdown protest on the 75th Liberation Day.

Today is the anniversary of the defeat of the nazis, a national holiday that normally sees lots of parties and public events. A large number of protestor went to the protesting field in the Hague, many of them shouting that the lockdown is a conspiracy, or comparing the lockdown measures to nazi occupation.

People standing around, protesting:

https://twitter.com/WodanenJ/status/1257623057960767489?s=19

Warning that they must disperse or be arrested:

https://twitter.com/ManustheCaptain/status/1257638584472961024?s=09

Announcement that they are prepared to use violence:

https://twitter.com/WodanenJ/status/1257617897024782336?s=19

Violence:

https://twitter.com/WodanenJ/status/1257619531150897152?s=19

Violence and scary dogs:

https://twitter.com/WodanenJ/status/1257626819869790209?s=19

Dozens of arrests, police use busses busses to carry away the protestors:

https://twitter.com/WodanenJ/status/1257634873919053825?s=19

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

probably not a good idea

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Man, gently caress all these blue state governors pussing out of keeping lockdowns opening.

BrownianMotion posted:

Yes but those words are coming from a Democrat, Chinese officials surely understand this

So is the US going to war with China before or after Trump suspends elections?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Drinkfist posted:

Yeah. Funny thing about that. It works both ways.

I am allergic to bullets. Just mortar them because we can. The key to everything is to be lazy and aggressive. Everything the Army teaches is just dumb and accounts for getting people killed because they don't care. Stack up on a door and run in a room guns blazing into the unknown? The army considers it a victory if one of you is left alive and you took the room. So we just blow open a side wall with a MK19 making a nice big hole and shoot into it. Guys on the second floor? Duct tape a claymore to a board and just prop it up on the windows. gently caress going up stairs and being all by the book. You start losing friends to their dumb book strats and you come to realize real loving quick that everything you were taught is Lemming poo poo.

So for the benefit of everyone else here, a lot of these "book strats" are like that because they consider rules of engagement and the possibility of unseen civilians in buildings and rooms, and you know, at least go through the motions of trying to get visual confirmation on targets first.

The people who wrote the textbooks are actually aware that "just walk in indirect fire" (i.e. just dropping JDAMS and artillery on any building that you think someone might have fired on you from) is also a thing.

Drinkfist's posts should probably not surprise anyone.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the cat is starting to be upset at my presence. always follows me around the apartment and makes noise, wants to drink from the tap in the bath tub now...

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

twoday posted:

I was out of butter so I used oil instead, but I didn't adjust the cooking time or keep a watchful eye on it because I was busy cooking other stuff and it burnt

where is your miracle vaccine now eh twoday

twoday
May 4, 2005

Good news, everyone

https://twitter.com/Shermichael_/status/1257639676200005633?s=19

Also the mutations are happening in the spike protein which is what many of the vaccines have been designed to target

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Drinkfist posted:

Yeah. Funny thing about that. It works both ways.

I am allergic to bullets. Just mortar them because we can. The key to everything is to be lazy and aggressive. Everything the Army teaches is just dumb and accounts for getting people killed because they don't care. Stack up on a door and run in a room guns blazing into the unknown? The army considers it a victory if one of you is left alive and you took the room. So we just blow open a side wall with a MK19 making a nice big hole and shoot into it. Guys on the second floor? Duct tape a claymore to a board and just prop it up on the windows. gently caress going up stairs and being all by the book. You start losing friends to their dumb book strats and you come to realize real loving quick that everything you were taught is Lemming poo poo.

can you please share your blood debt story, like mysteriousstranger?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

twoday posted:

Good news, everyone

Also the mutations are happening in the spike protein which is what many of the vaccines have been designed to target

:crnasickos:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

twoday posted:

Good news, everyone

Which mutation will win out: Coranavirus The White, with its protein deleting finisher, or Coronavirus The Black, with its virulent spike protein finisher? Stay tuned!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Good god, NPR is running McConnell hooting about no economic relief unless they can get immunity for businesses from coronavirus lawsuits, and giving Neil Bradley (Chamber of Commerce) and open forum to talk about how businesses won't be immune, they'll just have "safe harbor" from lawsuits if they show good faith efforts to comply with disease control measures.

Never any pushback.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i;m thinkin about thos proteins

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Good god, NPR is running McConnell hooting about no economic relief unless they can get immunity for businesses from coronavirus lawsuits, and giving Neil Bradley (Chamber of Commerce) and open forum to talk about how businesses won't be immune, they'll just have "safe harbor" from lawsuits if they show good faith efforts to comply with disease control measures.

Never any pushback.
https://twitter.com/benyt/status/1257381725572907010?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ryanrs posted:

masks
disinfectant
toilet paper
rice
beans
flour
meat

Any bets on what the next supermarket shortage will be?

employees