Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

ArmZ posted:

the CEO was on this morning talking about how fair and balanced NPR is lmao

This is a bit of good pedantry but most people don't contribute money to NPR directly. They license content to local public radio stations many of which might be perfectly fine in terms of not carrying water for corporate billionaire ghouls on local matters, but don't have any national and international reporting capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Dustcat posted:

now i'm no market analyst but it seems like a burger chain taking burgers off the menu could have a negative effect on their revenue

Number is down. Weird. Cant be right

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Chuds are just going to start asking for prayers for chronic diarrhea rather than admit they have COVID-19... And in a twist, the prayers will work, they'll never poo poo again, and they'll die from Coronavirus

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Iron Crowned posted:

I"m still leaning on Soylent Green being a documentary

so were Chuck Heston and the old guy who lived with him a gay couple or what?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Throatwarbler posted:

So for the benefit of everyone else here, a lot of these "book strats" are like that because they consider rules of engagement and the possibility of unseen civilians in buildings and rooms, and you know, at least go through the motions of trying to get visual confirmation on targets first.

The people who wrote the textbooks are actually aware that "just walk in indirect fire" (i.e. just dropping JDAMS and artillery on any building that you think someone might have fired on you from) is also a thing.

Drinkfist's posts should probably not surprise anyone.

yeah this is what I was thinking

the people to blame are the politicians and generals at the top deciding to get into imperialist military adventures, not the middle management types trying to write a strategy that acknowledges the rules of war

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

obligatory 'where's the beef?' joke

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Tei posted:

I am WFH withouth coffe

:D
:I
:(
zzzzzZZZZZZ

Protip, Amazon prime now will let you place orders early in the morning. I load up my cart with ground coffee and various snacks (goldfish for kid) and cat food , then when he gets me up at 6 am I can place the order for the day. They don't ever deliver until after 10 pm that night but it's a pretty effective way to get a few basics without needing to go to a store

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

no... no!!! there was time now...

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

trump invokes DPA to get those burgers flowing

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/amazonnews/status/1257676652949254145?s=20

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

wait so is a vaccine on the way or has the virus gotten stronger?

gregday
May 23, 2003

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/amazonnews/status/1257057823952973824?s=20

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I had a breakthrough, we live in hell timeline - so by August the virus will have mutated and attenuated to being much weaker and Trump will claim victory for predicting it will “just disappear” and alas will secure 4 more years!!!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Who gets anything other than the spicy chicken at Wendy's? Smh

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Throatwarbler posted:

Just catching up on some podcasts

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/04/business/china-coronavirus-government.html

Hope they're doing OK in China :ohdear:

Wow I'd hate to live in a place like that sounds awful

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i was expecting a jesus reference re: tell me what to do with my body

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/utah-boy-five-years-old-family-car-lamborghini/

quote:

Ogden, Utah — A Utah Highway Patrol trooper got a pint-sized surprise when he pulled over a 5-year-old driver who was swerving so badly he thought the driver needed medical attention.

Trooper Rick Morgan said the boy didn't respond to his lights but pulled over when he hit his siren on Interstate 15 in Ogden on Monday. "I approached the vehicle and I was expecting to find somebody who needed an ambulance or paramedics," Morgan said.

But Morgan said when the window came down, it was pretty clear that it was "a very underaged driver who was behind the wheel."

The boy was sitting on the edge of his seat to reach the brake pedal, Morgan said.

CBS Salt Lake City affiliate KUTV reports the boy, named Adrian, had managed to get the keys of his family's Dodge Journey and drive it two miles through Ogden, Utah and onto Interstate 15 when Morgan spotted him.

"Where did you come from? How did you get this car?" dash camera video recorded the baffled trooper say to Adrian.

Morgan said the boy told him he was going to his sister's house -- in California.

The boy told another trooper he wanted to buy a Lamborghini when he got there and then flashed open his wallet showing his cash to purchase his dream car: $3.

His parents were contacted and they came and took custody of their son and the vehicle.

this quarantine and lack of purchasing things is getting to all of us

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

this is from a bajillion pages ago but the cops will probably fall in line with the oathkeepers on this one.

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So the wife and I are both outta jobs because lol - we're fortunately one of the very few millenials that have a good chunk of savings, and we should be able to last 2 months or so.

And I still get up at 6. She sleeps until noon. Not gonna lie, having to walk around on eggshells and not be able to make breakfast for fear of waking her up is starting to get to me.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

facetoucher cat posted:

Like, with regards to withholding number of dead people did they think they could just get away with it like a scooby doo villain? Like some kids wouldn't come in and rip the mask off a dead body and be like, "OH! it's dead old man willikers! looks like he died from covid-19!" and then scrappy would come in and say, "Nope! he died WITH covid-19!" and everyone would beat the poo poo out of him?
From what I understand, nursing homes have always been allowed to play it fast and loose with illnesses and deaths and timeliness in reporting. They were just pushing it to the limit under the current circumstances. Noticed this Saturday at all franchise Wendy's but the corporate ones still had large patties.

Personally, I only tend to eat about 4oz of lean bird meat on most days, but this is going to freak people out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OPQqH3YlHA

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Drinkfist posted:

No. Is anyone doing okay?

Rents not due for a cool 25 days

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

2DCAT posted:

Chuds are just going to start asking for prayers for chronic diarrhea rather than admit they have COVID-19... And in a twist, the prayers will work, they'll never poo poo again, and they'll die from Coronavirus

never poo poo again you say?

https://www.cnet.com/news/florida-lizard-sets-depressing-record-for-constipation-in-a-living-animal/

Florida lizard sets depressing record for constipation in a living animal

mystes
May 31, 2006

Knight posted:

Noticed this Saturday at all franchise Wendy's but the corporate ones still had large patties.
How many Wendy's locations do you go to on a typical Saturday?

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
Americans when they learn that burgers are a thing of the past lmao

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dustcat posted:

now i'm no market analyst but it seems like a burger chain taking burgers off the menu could have a negative effect on their revenue

Wendy's home of the spicy chic sand

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I take back what I said earlier these stories are the best two this week now :lol:

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

facetoucher cat posted:

lmao that kid is a fuckin idiot. he should get that new mid engine corvette

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Not as bad,

Mutat*ed* meaning that the more virulent strain was what the East Coast already got. Guess it sucks if you caught the Chinese version on the west coast tho.

Also, I give it 2 years before we learn who the real father of Musk's baby is.

*hesitantly raises paw*

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

facetoucher cat posted:

I was thinking no way a 5 year old could turn the ignition but if it was push button, probably could do that

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

obligatory 'where's the beef?' joke

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Mike the TV posted:

Americans when they learn that burgers are a thing of the past lmao

we're gonna have to fly to japan for a real berg. if they ever let us back in

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zberan Madowinty posted:

So the wife and I are both outta jobs because lol - we're fortunately one of the very few millenials that have a good chunk of savings, and we should be able to last 2 months or so.

And I still get up at 6. She sleeps until noon. Not gonna lie, having to walk around on eggshells and not be able to make breakfast for fear of waking her up is starting to get to me.

well at least you aren’t being held hostage by your cat

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Just wait until McDonalds supply chain gets hit and Trump cant get no mo berders

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

empty whippet box posted:

Wow I'd hate to live in a place like that sounds awful

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Zberan Madowinty posted:

hang in there goon friend! I'm not working unfortunately but my husband still thankfully has his job but he doesn't get up until 11-ish because he works really late and I'm up at 5:30/6am and until then I try to be so quiet but really it doesn't bother him. Communication is key so depending on your relationship approach the subject the best way you can before resentment sets in because you'll need each other during all of this and you don't want to lose her. It might not be ask bad from her end as you think it is so just talk to her before you project her emotions onto a situation <3

e: if you have then... doh

facetoucher cat has issued a correction as of 15:43 on May 5, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
We got jobs for $9.50 an hour at the parts factory.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zberan Madowinty posted:

Ummmmm have you considered communicating with your wife about this

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zberan Madowinty posted:

My roommate has this habit of not having a schedule. I recommend getting a set of wireless headphones for your TV, that way not only can you quietly watch TV, but you can still listen to it when you're taking a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

empty whippet box posted:

Ummmmm have you considered communicating with your wife about this

The whole point of marriage is you've talked enough when dating and now you just bitterly stare at each other while your wife can never decide what she wants for dinner for the rest of time