Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

welcome to archy and mehitabel's

can i take

your order

please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Take my order,

Please!

:downsrim:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

It was a whole page ago but isn't Cena like the overall make a wish visit record holder by some ridiculous margin? Good for him still finding work in these trying times

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Scaramouche posted:

It was a whole page ago but isn't Cena like the overall make a wish visit record holder by some ridiculous margin? Good for him still finding work in these trying times

https://apnews.com/9a2a7bc01e734295a1bc9f44b5b03619

Over 600 as of 2 years ago. Real good dude.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

Take my order,

Please!

:downsrim:

The security guard denied me entry without a face mask, and boy are my arms fired!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah, turns out John Cena is actually a good guy that everyone legitimately likes in spite of his character.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

LifeSunDeath posted:

Mavis Beacon will cut you.

The day i found out that Mavis Beacon was fictional and not some John Madden-esque legendary typist was the day my soul lost its wings

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

The day i found out that Mavis Beacon was fictional and not some John Madden-esque legendary typist was the day my soul lost its wings

Mavis Beacon

Beavis Con Ma

Coincidence???:kyoon:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Flint_Paper posted:

Tom sits with his head in his hands, ears still ringing from the blast. He did it. He won. Strange, though. He always thought he'd feel pride. Joy. Elation. He always thought that he'd feel something. Standing on unsteady legs he heads to the kitchen to get the mop. He'd need to do something about the new hole in the wall, but that can come later. Cleaning, first. Got to get things clean.

Pastry of the Year posted:

welcome to archy and mehitabel's

can i take

your order

please

bless you both

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

projecthalaxy posted:

What I love about the Mavis Beacon series is that they are committed to the character. She's not real but she still must be a professional and slim black woman ever since the first model. There have been five, seven maybe?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lobok posted:

What I love about the Mavis Beacon series is that they are committed to the character. She's not real but she still must be a professional and slim black woman ever since the first model. There have been five, seven maybe?

Well, they learned typing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Well, they learned typing.

It's a Dread Pirate Roberts situation where the previous holder of the Mavis Bacon title picks her successor from the students who have excelled in the course

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
It's like Death Race except the only danger is too many bugs on the windshield.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What about Mario from Mario Teaches Typing? He's real, right?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

What about Mario from Mario Teaches Typing? He's real, right?

Yeah, but he died in 2014

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Veib posted:

Unlike Donkey Kong, Mario Mario was an incel; therefore there is no Mario Jr.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Are you Nick Wiger?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Veib posted:

Off by a few years.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
The persona of Sid Meier was invented in the forties to sell housing developments.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

650 as of April 29. Guys a machine
https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnCena/status/1255481450381611009

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Fools Infinite posted:

The persona of Sid Meier was invented in the forties to sell housing developments.

And get the general public to hate and distrust any public transit advocates.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

Lobok posted:

Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing and Doesn't gently caress Around

Typing of the Dead is what we'll call your graded assignments

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Fools Infinite posted:

OK so Sid Meier pretended to be famous until he was. He would go to restaurants and have his friend say "You're going to want to give us the best table you have, Sid Meier is here."

Apparently it usually worked and he basically brute forced his way into being a name.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

theflyingorc posted:

OK so Sid Meier pretended to be famous until he was. He would go to restaurants and have his friend say "You're going to want to give us the best table you have, Sid Meier is here."

Apparently it usually worked and he basically brute forced his way into being a name.

Uh. So is there two Sid Meier's?

cyberbug
Sep 30, 2004

The name is Carl Seltz...
insurance inspector.

kiimo posted:

I flew over Greenland once and words cannot express how unreal that place is. It looked like I was flying north of The Wall. It was like a different planet
US West Coast to Helsinki routes go real nice over Greenland so that's a great reason to visit Finland. Or US West Coast if you live in Finland.

Also I'm pretty sure the whole Greenland-Iceland naming is huge misdirection by ancient Icelanders to convince potential immigrants to skip their "icy" island and continue to the "verdant" Greenland instead.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Don't you know who I am?"
"No, sorry."
"Good!" SHIDS, FARDS, runs away without paying the check.
Megadoodooed again!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Ak Gara posted:

Uh. So is there two Sid Meier's?

No, he just acted like the name "Sid Meier" should mean something to the person at the restaurant or wherever with enough confidence that they assumed they were the idiot for not knowing the name.

He also called game stores multiple times using fake names and asking if they had games in he had made, so that the people at the store would make sure to buy it, because it was in such high demand! (the demand was all Sid calling)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

theflyingorc posted:

No, he just acted like the name "Sid Meier" should mean something to the person at the restaurant or wherever with enough confidence that they assumed they were the idiot for not knowing the name.

He also called game stores multiple times using fake names and asking if they had games in he had made, so that the people at the store would make sure to buy it, because it was in such high demand! (the demand was all Sid calling)

It's small, but my favorite Sid Meier megalomania was in the older Civ games, the difficulty levels would go from easiest like Chieftain - Prince - King - Emperor - Legend - Deity - and then SID, he who walks above the gods.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

projecthalaxy posted:

It's small, but my favorite Sid Meier megalomania was in the older Civ games, the difficulty levels would go from easiest like Chieftain - Prince - King - Emperor - Legend - Deity - and then SID, he who walks above the gods.

That's only Civ 3.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

That’s all hearsay, nobody’s actually seen him at an event.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

kiimo posted:

I flew over Greenland once and words cannot express how unreal that place is. It looked like I was flying north of The Wall. It was like a different planet

I was supposed to go to Greenland in August 2016 for a mineral exploration campaign. A few weeks before we flew out the local wildlife officer flew over the exploration camp and discovered it had been "taken over by polar bears, sorry, we're not allowed to go there now". I never found out how many, but honestly one is enough.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I want Bouble Stacks!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

mods please change my name to meat shortage

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

The Maestro posted:

That’s all hearsay, nobody’s actually seen him at an event.

Nobody who lived.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, turns out John Cena is actually a good guy that everyone legitimately likes in spite of his character.

Even his character got good like five or six years ago after he got out of the main event, and just started having good matches with everyone.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I bet Cena let those kids make in app(earance) purchases for extra wishes to pad the stats. You want a fist bump? $20. Blast Cena with a folding chair? $40. Get blasted by a folding chair? Free and mandatory. Boom that's gonna be like 10 wishes granted per actual visit.

Just a shame that the #1 most wished for thing will probably not count toward his total.

Inspector 34 has a new favorite as of 01:12 on May 6, 2020

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

bike tory posted:

mods please change my name to meat shortage

Just “meat”, but “shortage” as the title

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Inspector 34 posted:

I bet Cena let those kids make in app(earance) purchases for extra wishes to pad the stats. You want a fist bump? $20. Blast Cena with a folding chair? $40. Get blasted by a folding chair? Free and mandatory. Boom that's gonna be like 10 wishes granted per actual visit.

Just a shame that the #1 most wished for thing will probably not count toward his total.

Buddy, even I can't.... Wait.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Chitin posted:

Nobody who lived.

Any kid who meets John Cena mysteriously dies within a few years. Coincidence? Or is John Cena the grim reaper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler