Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
discordant voices make for a more interesting posting experience imho

a shameful snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stefan Prodan posted:

well my wife and I had to go into a law office for like 10 minutes and were near 3 total people that we weren't super close to but none of them were wearing masks or anything and now today she has a sore throat and is dizzy but no fever or cough

I still feel like that level of exposure with nobody coughing or anything seems really unlikely to have infected her? but we haven't gone out or done anything else so I dunno where she could have gotten like a normal cold/flu either

not sure if we should bother to quarantine, we've been doing our normal routine for a week, feels like if 10 minutes around 3 strangers can give it to her then surely she would have given it on to me already

fwiw this is the first time one of these 20 degree overnight weather changes HASNT made me feel like that

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

let boomers mow you fascists

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Stefan Prodan posted:

well my wife and I had to go into a law office for like 10 minutes and were near 3 total people that we weren't super close to but none of them were wearing masks or anything and now today she has a sore throat and is dizzy but no fever or cough

I still feel like that level of exposure with nobody coughing or anything seems really unlikely to have infected her? but we haven't gone out or done anything else so I dunno where she could have gotten like a normal cold/flu either

not sure if we should bother to quarantine, we've been doing our normal routine for a week, feels like if 10 minutes around 3 strangers can give it to her then surely she would have given it on to me already

It's probably not the roni but if you have any kind of telemedicine with your insurance you could call and see if they think she needs to get a test

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

shovelbum posted:

anyway i have to write some code so if someone could motivate me, its not for a job or anything its for a really irresponsible walking robot controlled over the internet for my brother in law to ride around the house via phone

No greater motivation that the grim reality that android soldiers will soon rule the earth with an iron (alloy?) fist! Better get your robot army ready now!!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

shovelbum posted:

anyway i have to write some code so if someone could motivate me, its not for a job or anything its for a really irresponsible walking robot controlled over the internet for my brother in law to ride around the house via phone

I'm loving around with a personal cspam covid dashboard so motivation you'll be doing something at least more productive than me

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Mons Hubris posted:

It's probably not the roni but if you have any kind of telemedicine with your insurance you could call and see if they think she needs to get a test

yeah i offered to let her telehealth with our primary and she's like no i'm dizzy and have a headache I don't want to talk to anyone

I mean I kinda don't think it's super likely either? cause like you have to combine the probabilities of:

one of the 3 people in the office who we got barely within 6 feet of had it in a county where <1% of people have it (known anyway)
they passed it on to her within like 10 minutes without coughing or anything like that in a situation where everyone barely talked
she has a presentation without fever or cough

the total likelihood seems pretty low but I gotta worry anyway!

especially since like since we haven't left the house I dunno what else she would have

do you just get sick without any external inputs sometimes

Stefan Prodan has issued a correction as of 21:02 on May 5, 2020

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Wendy's getting a D in Meats (inventory)

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Stefan Prodan posted:

unless you are getting sterile liquid nutrients pumped into you food is covered in bacteria and viruses from the air etc.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Won't someone please think of the plight of business owners in these difficult times

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

shovelbum posted:

sorry im way too used to the old pace of the golden age of TROMP thread where posting 100 times a day is minor white noise posting

don't let them get you down my man. as long as you're not an rear end in a top hat about it and you know how to gracefully accept crticism then who cares. i think this is supposed to be a thread people can use as a sounding board. keep on posting a bunch of dumb poo poo

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Stefan Prodan posted:

Stress and anxiety can have some wild physical effects in my experience, I get cough/sore throat a lot from reflux and stress makes that worse

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

yeah i offered to let her telehealth with our primary and she's like no i'm dizzy and have a headache I don't want to talk to anyone

I mean I kinda don't think it's super likely either? cause like you have to combine the probabilities of:

one of the 3 people in the office who we got barely within 6 feet of had it in a county where 1% of people have it
they passed it on to her within like 10 minutes without coughing or anything like that in a situation where everyone barely talked
she has a presentation without fever or cough

the total likelihood seems pretty low but I gotta worry anyway!

especially since like since we haven't left the house I dunno what else she would have

This sounds like a migraine as reported by several friends of mine who get frequent migraines.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Stefan Prodan posted:

Your wife has foxdie

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Mayor Dave posted:

Wendy's getting a D in Meats (inventory)

hey did you piss off your chud boss with data today?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Cool
https://twitter.com/OliviaMesser/status/1257761195899133953?s=19

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

We will not force employees to wash hands before return to work!

Please reference the US Constitution!

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

dang never noticed this:

"Congress shall make no law requiring Personal Protective Equipment be worn by customers when going to Gionino's for some 'za"

it was in there all along!!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Warmachine posted:

This sounds like a migraine as reported by several friends of mine who get frequent migraines.

yeah she does get migraines she was just worried because of the sore throat the past couple days and she was having trouble getting comfortable last night, kept feeling hot without the sheets on etc

but yea hopefully it isn't the roni it does feel super unlikely for it to be that

i ran these suggestions by her and she thinks it's something different, that she doesn't get sore throats from stress or allergies usually, but yeah idk we'll keep an eye on it

if she caught it from these hayseed lawyers who didn't wear masks I'll probably murder all of them IN MINECRAFT and then get permabanned

Stefan Prodan has issued a correction as of 21:11 on May 5, 2020

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i got my hair cut today and I feel great

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

absolutely love to have a panic attack every time my throat tickles

i will never stop smoking weed though

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Fellatio del Toro posted:

We will not force employees to be Covid-19 negative before return to work!

Please reference the US Constitution!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

fosborb posted:

hey did you piss off your chud boss with data today?

Honestly been too busy to put it together, but definitely still planning on it since they announced today that we're for sure no fooling this time all coming back to the office on the 18th

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
On the other hand I quit vaping weed and drinking and doubled down on working out. This has been the ultimate case study confirmation for me that fear is my only motivator.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

“The more that you have people out there, the greater the possibility is for transmission,” Abbott said on the call, which a spokesperson confirmed was authentic on Tuesday. “The goal never has been to get transmission down to zero.”

COME ON

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

eric ciaramella posted:

“The more that you have people out there, the greater the possibility is for transmission,” Abbott said on the call, which a spokesperson confirmed was authentic on Tuesday. “The goal never has been to get transmission down to zero.”

COME ON

It was some people's goal to do that

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Mayor Dave posted:

Honestly been too busy to put it together, but definitely still planning on it since they announced today that we're for sure no fooling this time all coming back to the office on the 18th

what state? how screwed are you?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

if we get transmission down to zero, the people who want us to stop the pandemic win

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

this is awesome because texas is cooking the everliving gently caress out of its books

peep that Texas vs CN death rate :shittypop:

e: oh wow that is super out of date, fake news!!

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 21:21 on May 5, 2020

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

constituon says states can tell you do things in an emergency

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

oh yeah! prove it commie!

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

shovelbum posted:

yeah its a really obvious strategy that we've done nothing to counter and that works super super well moving chinese economic influence into regions we've alienated and abandoned lmao

Yeah, China has been slowly winning friends by funding massive infrastructure investments across most of the Middle East and sub-Saharan Africa.

And now they're shipping huge quantities of PPE and medical equipment, along with health care workers to countries around the globe. Meanwhile the USA is literally hijacking planes full of equipment purchased by other countries and giving it to multinational corporations to sell to the highest-bidding states.

Even in US-friendly countries like here in Ireland it's becoming obvious. We received massive shipments of PPE from China even though it was never in particularly short supply here. Meanwhile, Trump is shouting about forcing the 750+ US pharma companies with labs in Ireland to shut down, so that all R&D is moved back to America to be patented and sold at profit.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/CatherineJBrock/status/1256934601743839233

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dustcat posted:

if we get transmission down to zero, the people who want us to stop the pandemic win

Good point, I'm sure a fair share of chuds are convinced this is Jesus's return

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Ipso man

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

euphronius posted:

wisconsin chudges:

this is tyranny!

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Welp my chud family has decided to get together for a dinner party because VIRUS OVER

This includes my 90-year old grandfather

gently caress this stupid loving country

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Beep beep apocalypse on the left

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The constitution says I can own a gun and that the government can't tell me what to do and that is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

fosborb posted:

lol the food supply chain is hosed

oh no the :911: of cum? someone console cumshitter

Fasdar posted:

Man. I am supposed to be writing a dissertation that basically revolves around how identifying shared values in natural resource conflicts can be the foundation for generating tangible future goals needed for adaptive thinking, and my god is this whole situation just pressure washing away my ability to put shine on the poo poo that is my 800 page dataset of interview transcripts. I realized while doing my interviews - mostly with leaders in the water sector in a vulnerable and supposedly cutting edge state out west - that everyone has had their brain broken by neo-liberal status quo worship, but goddamn. The literal lust for destroying any hope for something, anything better than mass death and mindless consumerism fueled by atomized development schemes and social alienation on display right now is just amazing. It's like worrying that someone might be showing signs of being suicidal, and then walking in on them with a gun in their mouth.

write the truth then. everyone's gonna be FYGM about water, like everything else