Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

facetoucher cat posted:

I love everything about this post down to your wife's hoodie (it looks super comfy)

Thanks! She says it is super comfy, she thinks its from H&M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
this is our future every day

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

KaptainKrunk posted:

2100 deaths and it's not even 6 pm yet oh boy

Let's plug that into the graph and see how the 'cubic fit' curve that the WH released 6 hours ago holds up:

Hmmmmm, some slight issues with the fit there.

Edit: at this rate it'll also blow through the IHME's new graph :v:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Stefan Prodan posted:

maybe this is a dumb question but like does it actually matter to get a test if we don't have to be anywhere or see anyone soon anyway

I figured we'd just be using a test that someone more high risk might need

I thought the same thing but my dr said you'll still need to be treated for other issues if that's what it is and they'll monitor you if you are positive so it doesn't creep up on you. If I had been positive I would have had a daily telehealth appointment

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Hoe many times do we need tobpost that it is over and 60k deaths is all there will be. Ever.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Sous Videodrome posted:

We have reached the extreme vintage cooking point in quarantine

Truly, man was not meant to live in the atomic age

You had me at Jello!

Wife is not pleased :(

lmbo

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Sous Videodrome posted:

Thanks! She says it is super comfy, she thinks its from H&M

excellent, I always need a good hoodie hookup

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

FistEnergy posted:

In 25 days they estimate we'll only add 31k deaths?

dogshit prediction

as far as official deaths that sounds about right to me. it's going to naturally go underreported

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

if chud family invites you to a Corona Swap just say 'no thanks too busy, but maybe next month?'

by then they'll be too sick/dead to invite you again

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
TRUMP!!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

i love you mcdaonds

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Durf posted:

if chud family invites you to a Corona Swap just say 'no thanks too busy, but maybe next month?'

by then they'll be too sick/dead to invite you again

Is this a swinger thing?

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

I'm loving it!

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Google Butt posted:

itd be cool if he posted much less imo

Please dont content police in cspam chat threads

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

indigi posted:

yeah we should be out in the streets protesting!!

Yes, actually

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Let's plug that into the graph and see how the 'cubic fit' curve that the WH released 6 hours ago holds up:

Hmmmmm, some slight issues with the fit there.

Edit: at this rate it'll also blow through the IHME's new graph :v:

Right on track! Mission accomplished baby!!!!! USA USA USA

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
What this crisis has turned into is the direct result of people like you, who believe everything needs to be politicized.

The swine flu infected and killed more people than coronavirus is likely to, yet we beat swine flu without dividing, without shutting anything down, and without violating anyone’s rights. Why? Because it wasn’t politicized. It was understood that it didn’t matter where any of us were politically. We all wanted the disease stopped, we worked together to do it, and we got it done - not unscarred, but stronger and better as a result.

But these days, things are unnecessarily politicized. That combines with the problem that about 1/3 of Americans view the Democrats as the good guys and the Republicans as the bad guys, and another 1/3 Vice versa. The result is that about 2/3 of Americans view every issue simply as a game whose only object is to win.

I remember when I was a kid, many people in the Democratic Party were strong advocates for peace and civil liberties. But partisanship has almost completely wiped out those elements in the party.

Just a few years ago, liberal but non-partisan activist actor John Cusack pleaded with Democrats to join Sen. Rand Paul in fighting warrantless drone surveillance, even if opposing him on every other issue. That’s an issue on which every American should’ve been supporting Paul. Just read the Fourth Amendment. Yet almost no Democrats supported Paul on that issue, simply because Paul is a Republican.

You being a Democrat and failing to recognize the extreme danger of one person unilaterally taking away people’s civil liberties - and still getting away with it after 50 days - is a classic example of what’s wrong with this country today.

I have read a wide variety of comments from doctors and scientists about this disease. Everyone agrees that it should be taken seriously. But there are a lot of different opinions - from people in those professions and others - about how to best fight the disease, and how government officials should be making decisions in regard to it.

Here’s an outstanding article that I consider to be the best commentary I’ve ever seen on the disease. It’s an excellent mix of medical facts with good old fashioned common sense.

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/495833-how-to-open-society-using-medical-science-and-logic?rnd=1588469307

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Sous Videodrome posted:

You had me at Jello!

lol jello on lettuce. reminds me of the time i was in san diego and ended up visiting a mess hall at Naval Amphibious Base Coronado

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Skypie posted:

What this crisis has turned into is the direct result of people like you, who believe everything needs to be politicized.

source you are quotes

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lmao just wait until the plane is flying and then move to an empty row. for free

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

shovelbum posted:

this is our future every day

when that poo poo hits negative ghouls walk the earth

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Crazyweasel posted:

lol imagine what your outlook would be like if you got to see civil rights movements and leaving vietnam, and pensions, and maybe like dissolution of USSR meanwhile Gen X and later got some protracted wars, bailouts, poo poo excuse for healthcare, couple recessions, never ending debt and immigrants in cages

(waves) If you had told me in 1972 that I had more hope for the future then than I would in 2020, I would have thought you were a paranoid loony.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
thinking more and more that the most horrific outcome of all this is that nothing changes because those in power need it to be that way so it will be

just normalizing to daily cum 9/11s and roll the dice every time we go to work until there’s a vaccine that will cost $5000 a shot with insurance and we’ll all do it because it keeps things normal and even then nothing will change

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Higgy posted:

thinking more and more that the most horrific outcome of all this is that nothing changes because those in power need it to be that way so it will be

just normalizing to daily cum 9/11s and roll the dice every time we go to work until there’s a vaccine that will cost $5000 a shot with insurance and we’ll all do it because it keeps things normal and even then nothing will change

if the end of history did not exist it would be necessary to create it

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Skypie posted:

The swine flu infected and killed more people than coronavirus is likely to, yet we beat swine flu without dividing, without shutting anything down, and without violating anyone’s rights. Why? Because it wasn’t politicized. It was understood that it didn’t matter where any of us were politically. We all wanted the disease stopped, we worked together to do it, and we got it done - not unscarred, but stronger and better as a result.

The 2009 swine flu killed 18,036 people in the U.S. over its entire season. So far, coronavirus has killed 71,532, and it isn't over.

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol jello on lettuce. reminds me of the time i was in san diego and ended up visiting a mess hall at Naval Amphibious Base Coronado

There was sprite in the jello too. It was supposed to make visible bubbles, but didn't. Even though you couldn't see the bubbles you still got a tingle where it hit the cottage cheese, which is an unsettling effect

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sous Videodrome posted:

You had me at Jello!

Not going to lie, would.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

As we speak a guy on the PA subreddit is telling me that our numbers are going down and everything is fine. He's linking the CDC influenza dashboard.

These people are insane.

Why are you in the PA subreddit though. that also seems like insanity

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Spergin Morlock posted:

lmao just wait until the plane is flying and then move to an empty row. for free

i thought the planes still flying are back up to near full capacity, there's just fewer of them

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

fosborb posted:

what state? how screwed are you?

California, but orange county, specifically a chud city on the coast

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The 2009 swine flu killed 18,036 people in the U.S. over its entire season. So far, coronavirus has killed 71,532, and it isn't over.

The CDC and WHO worldwide estimate was 284,000 because these things are undertested and underreported and there are lots of things that cause the reported number to be much lower

Now, try really hard to forget the second part of that sentence and also the word "worldwide" and believe that yes, COVID-19 has definitely only killed 71,532

Disingenuous mental gymnastics are fun

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
go ahead and spit in the nice ladys mouth

no she'll do it to you after

yes i know them from the bar its fine

yah they were at the protest they have it for sure lets just get it over with

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

Not going to lie, would.

being real weird about goon wives itt

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Pennsylvania sure is popping off

my grandma's nursing home went from 0 to 3 confirmed cases in the last 4 days

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

my grandma's nursing home went from 0 to 3 confirmed cases in the last 4 days

RIP your grandma

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

freedom isn't free

it costs folks like you and me

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/RickRudeSells/status/1257636343363932160

https://twitter.com/RickRudeSells/status/1257460691587473409

https://twitter.com/RickRudeSells/status/1256963206448283650

GeneralZod
May 28, 2003

Kneel before Zod!
Grimey Drawer

Fellatio del Toro posted:

that chart is wrong, i've had more than 21 Cum 9/11s just on my own during quarantine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

how many Americans does McDonald’s kill per year