Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
We have to average 4,300 deaths per day for my 1BOOBS prediction to come true and 3900 per day for the 169420 prediction to be correct.

We can do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
she prolly called me an rear end in a top hat tbqh

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Judakel posted:

This is going to end with you being a conspiracy theorists and i am laughing.

I dunno, all of my insane fringe theories are going pretty well so far

https://twitter.com/unimelb/status/1257545562498490368?s=19

https://twitter.com/TheEconomist/status/1256919189702541312?s=20

also lol if you weren't glued to your corkboard after Epstein croaked

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 39 minutes!

He lived in Pittsburgh

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-abcs-david-muir-covid-19-deaths-country/story?id=70515537

quote:

President Donald Trump said in an exclusive interview with ABC "World News Tonight" Anchor and Managing Editor David Muir on Tuesday that "it's possible there will be some" deaths as states roll back restrictions aimed at stopping the spread of the novel coronavirus, acknowledging that it was the choice the country faces to reopen and jumpstart the economy.

"Do you believe that's the reality we're facing that -- that lives will be lost to reopen the country?” Muir asked Trump during an interview in Phoenix, Arizona, on the president's first major trip in months since the virus outbreak worsened.

"It's possible there will be some because you won't be locked into an apartment or a house or whatever it is," Trump said. "But at the same time, we're going to practice social distancing, we're going to be washing hands, we're going to be doing a lot of the things that we've learned to do over the last period of time."

The nation's foremost infectious disease expert, Anthony Fauci, said in an interview with CNN on Monday that the decision to reopen states across the country amounted to balancing “how many deaths and how much suffering are you willing to accept to get back to what you want to be, some form of normality, sooner rather than later."

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

slave to my cravings posted:

no one is on the verge of a breakthrough

but number go up when we say it soooooooo

its true

twoday
May 4, 2005

facetoucher cat posted:

I've already asked my doctor for this in a "I'm joking but not really joking can you hook me up" manner and she just kinda muttered "I wish" under her breath and hurried and changed the subject on me before I said anything else that might piss her off

it's unclear if it would be helpful or harmful to get it if you are currently infected, however dozens of Vietnamese people may or may not be dying as we speak in order to provide the answer to that question, since Vietnam approved a trial for use on infected patients

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

so the truml admin didn’t do anything to stop covid, stole as much masks and Ppe they could, gave their buddies 3 trillion dollars, launched a propaganda campaign to ignite terrorists and make people thing the virus is fake, and then quit trying in mid May

the aristocrats!

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Any "breakthrough" is gonna take a minimum of 12 months to be widely available unless it's an existing, easy to manufacture drug

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

He lived in Pittsburgh

I know of a goon that lives there too, funny

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
You can go back a page once you've submitted an Ohio snitch claim and resubmit the same claim as many times as you want, just FYI.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 39 minutes!

facetoucher cat posted:

I know of a goon that lives there too, funny

It’s me

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

still lollin about 'gates is bad, but' that happened last month or w/e

Gates never had a plan or actually cared about finding one. He's just here to blow smoke up his rear end and hobknob with other rich dickheads. Who the gently caress defended him show yourselves cowards

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Google Butt posted:

so trumo has 15 days to figure out a plan to report 0 deaths

he doesn't have to figure out anything

he just has to say "we had 0 deaths" in a tweet and everyone who questions him will be called a dem hoax supporter

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

twoday posted:

it's unclear if it would be helpful or harmful to get it if you are currently infected, however dozens of Vietnamese people may or may not be dying as we speak in order to provide the answer to that question, since Vietnam approved a trial for use on infected patients

I know it sounds dumb but I'm really hoping this is an answer in some way. I'm super doomsayer in a lot of ways and I'm aware of it and that's okay because lmao the world sucks but I'd like humanity not to end because even with all the poo poo there's good things out there hidden and a vaccine isn't really in the timetable and working with what you have now is how I was raised but yeah hopefully they are on the not dying side

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Love to see my 70 year old mom with a daughter who actually got COVID run to the bakery on the first day poo poo was open in Texas.

With all of 3 of your children telling you to stay home so you can know your grandkids instead of dying alone on a ventilator, the allure of the loving bakery wins.

"Its not like I went to HEB she says"

gently caress. We are so hosed.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

he had information that would have led to the arrest and prosecution of hillary clinton

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
bread is that good

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/hankschulman/status/1257767081136685062

quote:

One restaurant company landed on a decision that has some employees weighing their safety versus their jobs: no face masks or face coverings of any kind.

That’s what a back-of-the-house employee at a Hillstone Restaurant Group establishment in Dallas was told last week, as restaurants prepared to reopen at 25% capacity.That employee, who did not want to be identified publicly, expressed discomfort and was told to think about it – and then was removed from the schedule.

Another employee says some agreed to work because they were offered a 40-hour work week, but were told if they declined, they wouldn’t be eligible for rehire.

She said management also told her that face masks don’t complement the restaurant group’s style or level of hospitality.
peons must be sacrificed to protect the number our aesthetic

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sab0921 posted:

Love to see my 70 year old mom with a daughter who actually got COVID run to the bakery on the first day poo poo was open in Texas.

With all of 3 of your children telling you to stay home so you can know your grandkids instead of dying alone on a ventilator, the allure of the loving bakery wins.

"Its not like I went to HEB she says"

gently caress. We are so hosed.

:corona:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
lol at the clear cut OSHA violation that won't be enforced

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/hankschulman/status/1257767081136685062

peons must be sacrificed to protect the number our aesthetic

why would you forbid a back of house employee from wearing a mask, are you trying to make your customers sick

twoday
May 4, 2005

facetoucher cat posted:

I know it sounds dumb but I'm really hoping this is an answer in some way. I'm super doomsayer in a lot of ways and I'm aware of it and that's okay because lmao the world sucks but I'd like humanity not to end because even with all the poo poo there's good things out there hidden and a vaccine isn't really in the timetable and working with what you have now is how I was raised but yeah hopefully they are on the not dying side

I'm hopeful, the main fear is that having an extra infection on top of COVID-19 would overwhelm the immune system, but the BCG bacteria is so weak that it's recommended to all infants besides those who were born malnourished or with HIV, so it's not a particularly powerful infection. But who knows

Anyway, yes, having hope is good, and hopefully it turns out we already have something that can help

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

menus in restaurants will now not only ask about spice levels but if you had covid to know if they gotta dump spices in your dish

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Dustcat posted:

why would you forbid a back of house employee from wearing a mask, are you trying to make your customers sick

liberty

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

still lollin about 'gates is bad, but' that happened last month or w/e

I stand by the statement "gates is bad, but COVID-19 is real"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Skypie posted:

he doesn't have to figure out anything

he just has to say "we had 0 deaths" in a tweet and everyone who questions him will be called a dem hoax supporter

:trumpsmug: It's not covid-19 anymore, covid-19 is dead, we won, but covid-20 is a new virus, smarter and meaner, we don't even know what this thing is

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I just laughed so hard at this I woke up my cat :(

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

guaranteed this was a time traveler loving with the timeline in some way

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

twoday posted:

I dunno, all of my insane fringe theories are going pretty well so far

https://twitter.com/unimelb/status/1257545562498490368?s=19

https://twitter.com/TheEconomist/status/1256919189702541312?s=20

also lol if you weren't glued to your corkboard after Epstein croaked

still waiting on the first force fem the boomers grant

twoday
May 4, 2005

Flunky posted:

guaranteed this was a time traveler loving with the timeline in some way

:hmmyes:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Dustcat posted:

The crazy thing is that the primary benefit of mask usage is top protect others from you

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

my sister is so chud this is what she named one of her daughters, lmao. I've not spoken to my sister in well over half a decade

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
if estrogen inhibits il6 we shuld be administering large amount s to the biggest & most aggressive coughing boomers

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

bread is that good

Confirmed
just had some with fancy danish butter and it was loving awesome

mystes
May 31, 2006

When you smoke you directly inhale the smoke into your lungs, so even if smoking does have a protective effect it seems like nicotine patches might not necessarily work? Maybe they need nicotine inhalers or something.

twoday
May 4, 2005

seattle plague rat posted:

still waiting on the first force fem the boomers grant

https://twitter.com/19thnews/status/1255267862303866882?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop