Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Khris Kruel posted:

I really don't believe scum would completely ignore someone. I think they would try to push the cash away from them.

I don't think everyone defending liger is scum, I think it's bad play to connect yourself to someone that had literally only posted jokes before hand. That is ridiculous. How are joke posts townie?

You're the one calling them "connections". I'm saying I can't see scum doing anything as dumb as he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Also deadbeat dad what on earth are you doing

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

OFFICER LIGER posted:

I'm here tryin to make reads and seeing a late push from kruel who is still tunneling me, Nd and who is voting the other top vote leader without any real reason given why. voting me is a bad idea.

I'm tunnelling you because A) I'm not going to vote someone else so close to lynch and B) I feel like you're the scummiest dude in the game, and C) players defended you for no reason while you were posting joke posts

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jivjov where have you gone

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Tom Tucker posted:

You're the one calling them "connections". I'm saying I can't see scum doing anything as dumb as he did.

I really think playing the game of "scum wouldn't do things this dumb" is a teeter toter of WIFOM.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

OFFICER LIGER posted:

Also deadbeat dad what on earth are you doing

Not being forced into you or Nad (or me)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Tom Tucker posted:

LordNad got votes but stalled out ~5, and we've had a ton of people come in and say the case is bad or they don't buy it. I get what you're saying - by most measures townie lynches are easier because there's less push back, but there's been plenty of pushback on LordNad.
Townies will defend other perceived townies, though. Hell, I'd suggest that they're more likely to start a pushback than scum defending scum, because they know they'll flip clean and believe the other party will too, so putting a marker down on that person won't hurt either one of them. Scum know that if they defend their buddy, if one of them dies the other looks that much worse.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

merk's a good pick too. I'd prefer him or LIGER, but I'll switch over at the deadline if needed.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

I look for connections, and calling someone town is a connection, while weak. We're in day 1, there isn't going to be something super strong with a connection, but I do pay attention to who is calling who town for no reason

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Pet Giveaway Votecount

Tokes (5): merk, CapnAndy, Amni, yuming, Liger

JoseV (2): zzyzx, LordNad

Yuming (2): KK, Voodoofly

TNL (1): Sandwolf

Zzyzx (1): jivjoy

Hambeet (1): Vivat

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Also couldn't scum be defending him because he's town and they want to look calm and measured during the day 1 launch?

I dunno I don't see how Liger is the scum here but I absolutely agree that how you react and / or vote for Liger is a good sign which is why I spent a lot of the day looking at that.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Khris Kruel posted:

I'm tunnelling you because A) I'm not going to vote someone else so close to lynch and B) I feel like you're the scummiest dude in the game, and C) players defended you for no reason while you were posting joke posts

please look up sunk cost fallacy

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Khris Kruel posted:

I really think playing the game of "scum wouldn't do things this dumb" is a teeter toter of WIFOM.

Dude everything is WIFOM you gotta just embrace it and occams razor it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Tom Tucker posted:

Also couldn't scum be defending him because he's town and they want to look calm and measured during the day 1 launch?
Sure could! Which is another reason why I think townies are more likely to draw pushback than good cases, because sometimes scum will defend people they think are town, but not vice versa.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The only thing making me weird on merk is he didnt give me a strong read on yuming who I still dont know how I feel about. granted I crutch on him a lot to pull strong reads. Outside of his tunneling on kk in Harry Potter he has a fairly good scum nose.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Like KK how do you see this going, we launch Liger he flips scum them we victory lap while voting everyone who defended him? I don't think one scum sticks their necks out early in day 1 like Liger did and if I'm wrong and Liger did do that I very much doubt their (annoyed) scumbuddies are going to stick THEIR necks out to try to help.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Tom Tucker posted:

Dude everything is WIFOM you gotta just embrace it and occams razor it.

that's fair, but you're still diving deep into it. Lets try not to throw more wifom on the fire by saying what scum would or would not do.

Can you really argue that connections arent the way to find scum?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

OFFICER LIGER posted:

The only thing making me weird on merk is he didnt give me a strong read on yuming who I still dont know how I feel about. granted I crutch on him a lot to pull strong reads. Outside of his tunneling on kk in Harry Potter he has a fairly good scum nose.

I can give you first hand information that his nose is not good 2 games in a row

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

still lol'ing at false bus. I'm screen capping and saving that one forever.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

LordNad (5): jivjov, The Ninth Layer, Tom Tucker, jivjov, Tom Tucker, Tom Tucker, The Ninth Layer, Voodoofly, merk, The Ninth Layer, Sandwolf, OFFICER LIGER, merk, Jose Valasquez, The Ninth Layer
OFFICER LIGER (4): zzyzx, Voodoofly, Khris Kruel, OFFICER LIGER, LordNad, jivjov, OFFICER LIGER, Voodoofly, kumba, LordNad, kumba, LordNad
Deadbeat Dad (3): vivat virtute, vivat virtute, merk, yuming, merk, Amnistar, merk
merk (2): Jose Valasquez, Jose Valasquez, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, hambeet, Deadbeat Dad
Varinn (2): Jose Valasquez, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Jose Valasquez, CapnAndy, kumba
Khris Kruel (1): merk, merk, Token Female
Voodoofly (1): CCKeane
kumba (1): The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer
Amnistar (0): yuming, Varinn, OFFICER LIGER, OFFICER LIGER, yuming, Varinn
CapnAndy (0): LordNad, LordNad, CCKeane, CCKeane
Tom Tucker (0): CapnAndy, CapnAndy
zzyzx (0): The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, Amnistar, vivat virtute, vivat virtute, merk, OFFICER LIGER, merk, Amnistar, OFFICER LIGER
50 pounds of bread (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly
The Ninth Layer (0): zzyzx, zzyzx
Sandwolf (0): Amnistar, Amnistar
jivjov (0): LordNad, LordNad
vivat virtute (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly
yuming (0): Deadbeat Dad, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, Deadbeat Dad
hambeet (0): yuming, Token Female, Token Female, yuming

Not Voting (4): 50 pounds of bread, Jamuraan, Varinn, vivat virtute

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 05th, 2020 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 57 minutes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I can give you first hand information that his nose is not good 2 games in a row

he had a bad case where his tunnel was on a guy who seemingly wanted to be lynched by deciding that they were gonna go deep on jenga x

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Tom Tucker posted:

Like KK how do you see this going, we launch Liger he flips scum them we victory lap while voting everyone who defended him? I don't think one scum sticks their necks out early in day 1 like Liger did and if I'm wrong and Liger did do that I very much doubt their (annoyed) scumbuddies are going to stick THEIR necks out to try to help.

so then by what you're saying, what do we do? We go for people with no connections?

I know it's not good play to stick out for your scum buddy, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I don't want to lynch someone who has no connections, like Lord Nad. I want to lynch someone with connections.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

Pet Giveaway Votecount

Tokes (5): merk, CapnAndy, Amni, yuming, Liger

JoseV (2): zzyzx, LordNad

Yuming (2): KK, Voodoofly

TNL (1): Sandwolf

Zzyzx (1): jivjoy

Hambeet (1): Vivat
It only takes three votes to get a dog?

TT, DBD, and, umm... let's say TNL, I demand your pet votes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

OFFICER LIGER posted:

I present the counter argument that it takes one to know one.

:colbert:

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Ugh this is all theorizing nonsense and I regret my role dragging us all in here. What matters is if you think someone is scum and I'm enabling a distraction from that.

I think LordNad is scum. I think he dipped his toes on Liger after Liger's vote, I think he then doubled down on it when called on it, which resulted in his very disingenuous use of "admit" for things that are just facts, I think when Andy got involved and everyone tuned it out he decided to put in the minimum content to ride out day 1 so as not to draw any more attention. He doubled down hard on Liger and had plenty of opportunities to come push him or convince people or engage with doubters but instead he just lingered his vote on the launch leader and added nothing.

##petgive Jose

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Deadbeat Dad posted:

thanks bud, for proving my point that you're calling Liger town without actually any information to Liger's alignment.

Way to prove my case.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##petgive or givepet or whatever to yuming

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Khris Kruel posted:

thanks bud, for proving my point that you're calling Liger town without actually any information to Liger's alignment.

Way to prove my case.

I'm calling myself town because merk's vote is on me??

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Khris Kruel posted:

so then by what you're saying, what do we do? We go for people with no connections?

I know it's not good play to stick out for your scum buddy, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I don't want to lynch someone who has no connections, like Lord Nad. I want to lynch someone with connections.

I want to lynch scum.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Tom Tucker posted:

##petgive Jose
betrayer!

For the record I will put my vote on whoever has the most votes at 7:30, to avoid a null day. I do not want to do that. You guys have half an hour to make varinn the vote leader, you can do it, I believe in you.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

CapnAndy posted:

It only takes three votes to get a dog?

TT, DBD, and, umm... let's say TNL, I demand your pet votes.

##petgive CapnAndy sure why not

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm calling myself town because merk's vote is on me??

oh thought you were calling my nose bad

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey everyone it’s merk. vote merk.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

Tom Tucker posted:

You're making the assumption that scum would never defend a scumbuddy. I know you had to have played in games where this happened.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

OFFICER LIGER posted:

I'm here tryin to make reads and seeing a late push from kruel who is still tunneling me, Nd and who is voting the other top vote leader without any real reason given why. voting me is a bad idea.

what about DBD who is only 1 vote behind the two you mention...or merk and varinn who are 1 more vote behind?

Acting like 'vote leader' is super important when the difference is 1-2 votes and no one has more than 5 is really disengenious.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Tom Tucker posted:

Ugh this is all theorizing nonsense and I regret my role dragging us all in here. What matters is if you think someone is scum and I'm enabling a distraction from that.

I think LordNad is scum. I think he dipped his toes on Liger after Liger's vote, I think he then doubled down on it when called on it, which resulted in his very disingenuous use of "admit" for things that are just facts, I think when Andy got involved and everyone tuned it out he decided to put in the minimum content to ride out day 1 so as not to draw any more attention. He doubled down hard on Liger and had plenty of opportunities to come push him or convince people or engage with doubters but instead he just lingered his vote on the launch leader and added nothing.

##petgive Jose

It's very frustrating trying to convince people who are hand waving away his behavior

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I never fail to be amused when town are so dead certain they know what scum would do in any given situation.

It must have been a sad day in mafiadom when scum ran out of new things to try and were rail-roaded into a limited few strategies

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

LordNad posted:

You're making the assumption that scum would never defend a scumbuddy. I know you had to have played in games where this happened.

What? No I'm not I'm saying I don't think that's happening here. It's one thing when a scumbuddy draws some suspicion during day 1 and you can pop in and go "eh no biggie", it's a completely different one when they hang their rear end out the window like Liger did and show no regard for trying to be a team player.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I'm off and on right now, had a personal thing happen and I'm in somewhat of a bad space.

LordNad (5): jivjov, The Ninth Layer, Tom Tucker, jivjov, Tom Tucker, Tom Tucker, The Ninth Layer, Voodoofly, merk, The Ninth Layer, Sandwolf, OFFICER LIGER, merk, Jose Valasquez, The Ninth Layer
OFFICER LIGER (4): zzyzx, Voodoofly, Khris Kruel, OFFICER LIGER, LordNad, jivjov, OFFICER LIGER, Voodoofly, kumba, LordNad, kumba, LordNad
Deadbeat Dad (3): vivat virtute, vivat virtute, merk, yuming, merk, Amnistar, merk
merk (2): Jose Valasquez, Jose Valasquez, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, hambeet, Deadbeat Dad
Varinn (2): Jose Valasquez, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Jose Valasquez, CapnAndy, kumba
Khris Kruel (1): merk, merk, Token Female
Voodoofly (1): CCKeane
kumba (1): The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer

Of the people with votes my pref would be: Nad / KK > Kumba > Liger/Varinn > Merk. I'm not voting me.

I'll try to check in closer to deadline but I'm happy where my vote is now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Apologies if that's what you meant but

Tom Tucker posted:

KK there's no way a bunch of scum are going to rush in and throw themselves in front of Liger if he's a scumbuddy - they'd likely be ignoring him.

this is what gave me that impression