Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1257777635867766785

This "warriors" framing is the most revolting attempt at spin I've ever heard. We're talking about tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths here.

Stop dying you cowards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Zotix posted:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/georgia-district-attorney-vows-bring-shooting-unarmed-black-man-grand-n1200501

Have any of you been following the shooting of Ahmaud Arbery? He was shot and killed in SE Georgia in Feb. The DA has passed the case off now to 2 different DA's due to one of the shooters working with the local police department in the past. The third DA today recommended that a Grand Jury review the case, but that won't happen for a while due to COVID. The two shooters are free right now. Additionally, a few hours ago a Georgian radio station released video of the shooting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNZQvE2k4OE. I moved away from the area about 7 months ago, but everyone from that area on social media seems to be alluding to some kind of a protest starting in a few hours.

This is extraordinarily dangerous, particularly if the police either slow-walk their response or these guys walk somehow. The various right-wing militias will absolutely be following every single detail of this closely, and if the outcome of this case leave them feeling like there's some leeway for their own shenanigans...

If you are obviously a minority or someone who looks enough like a minority to occasionally be mistaken for one, and you live in an area with known right-wing militia/armed chud activity, then I would strongly recommend you think deeply about your safety situation, and take whatever precautions you deem appropriate for your situation.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 5, 2020

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Ringo Star Get posted:

If there's one thing I've learned in this Trump Presidency the last 20 years, is that there can be polls like this that might seem it would take someone down - when in reality it means "I don't like what he's doing, but I'm probably going to still vote for him anyway."

Remember the guy that choke-slammed a reporter that didn't get any fines or jail? People got outraged but still voted for him because while people do care about bad things, they care more about their team winning than anything else. The hope you have to have from these polls is depressing turnout OR "I voted 3rd party because LOL not voting for a Dem!"

Now all I want is for trump to come in third.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I have Joe Biden filed under 'bit of a poo poo' but have no real substance for this impression, aside from a bit of #metoo stuff I haven't looked into closely (How much of it is Fox News vs reality?). As a UK goon, without an encyclopedic knowledge of american political figures, he doesn't seem that egregious (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Joe_Biden) given the calibre of folk he is hoping to join as POTUS.

Does anyone have any good primers on Biden. Is my impression of him correct? Why?

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

jiggerypokery posted:

I have Joe Biden filed under 'bit of a poo poo' but have no real substance for this impression, aside from a bit of #metoo stuff I haven't looked into closely (How much of it is Fox News vs reality?). As a UK goon, without an encyclopedic knowledge of american political figures, he doesn't seem that egregious (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Joe_Biden) given the calibre of folk he is hoping to join as POTUS.

Does anyone have any good primers on Biden. Is my impression of him correct? Why?

Oh gently caress man what have you done to the thread.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

jiggerypokery posted:

that question go here, op

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

LOL all of those require legislation to enact so states should just go "yeah sure Donnie, take the money, and then flip him off" like Northam did with Medicaid expansion. He "agreed" to means testing to get them to pass and it and then went "nah" and the GOP could do gently caress all about it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1257777635867766785

This "warriors" framing is the most revolting attempt at spin I've ever heard. We're talking about tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths here.

he is a stupid loving monster so he is just fine with that many dead.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/jimmykimmel/status/1257745747983757315

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/TeamTrump/status/1257788671777964034

lol truly a bold plan.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

Who the hell is Greg Gutfeld

I'm guessing some Trump fellator which is Trumps sole judge of quality in TV punditry

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

If they end up infecting workers at a PPE factory because they all refused to wear masks and someone was positive, I'm going to have a very sensible chuckle.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Zotix posted:

It's all anyone on my social media from that area has been talking about for weeks. I've loosely followed it. I think the passing of it to a different DA though was a smart move, but what the gently caress do I know.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1257797262006198273?s=19

The victim's family rightfully accused the first DA of being biased because of connections between one of the shooters, the local police, and his office. I thought I saw somewhere that they had assigned a second DA but that one recused as well.

In any case, obvious that the usual ole southern justice is at work here. And given the pandemic I am doubtful that there will be a big enough protest to force the local government to at least fake an attempt at doing right.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Is it ok to say "gently caress this guy" because gently caress this guy.

https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status/1257773851355701248

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dick Trauma posted:

wow, cenk is loving movie bob level spite now.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

"We must adopt Trumpian tactics to win" is unfortunately catching on with some "leftists"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Dick Trauma posted:

Which one?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Sodomy Hussein posted:

"We must adopt Trumpian tactics to win" is unfortunately catching on with some "leftists"

Well considering what McConnell and others in the GOP caucus are doing...

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

This ABC News interview sucks

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Dick Trauma posted:

You could say it for a while for being a union-busting piece of poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

This ABC News interview sucks

which one?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

The one that’s airing right now on World News Tonight

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

I present to you, fair posters of USPOL, the brain of a liberal:

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Appealing to the desires of your base and delivering when they elect you, is "Trumpian." The GOP base is composed of fascist ghouls and appealing to their desires is bad, therefore appealing to the desires of leftists who want to empower ordinary people, and delivering on that if elected, is also bad, because policy and results don't matter only tactics and decorum.

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Appealing to the desires of your base and delivering when they elect you, is "Trumpian." The GOP base is composed of fascist ghouls and appealing to their desires is bad, therefore appealing to the desires of leftists who want to empower ordinary people, and delivering on that if elected, is also bad, because policy and results don't matter only tactics and decorum.

Are you saying that should cut off funding to red states if Democrats take over the federal government next year?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Holy poo poo this World News Tonight interview
It’s still going, and Trump is just going through all his talking points

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

I mean, context matters; consider the quote being referred to. I don't want rural areas to have to 'beg for their handouts', that seems like a pretty bad move when you look at, say, the abandonment of Reconstruction after the civil war, or what austerity tends to do the politics of a country after a war.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Am I the only one who thought of this when reading that Donny was wearing goggles?

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Can we not do this in this thread, please?

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Lol at this equating what he’s proposing here with “empowering ordinary people”

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

There are plenty of leftists, progressives, etc who live in the south and/or red states, not to mention large populations if poor, minority, and otherwise marginalized people who for all intents and purposes have been disenfranchised or undermined as a voting bloc. Hurting those people to make a point about punishing Republicans is a bad idea and it's bad politics. Cenk should know better than most that Republican states aren't poorly run so much as deliberately structured to maximize crushing entrenched poverty and dehumanizing oppression for all but the privileged few in their enclaves.

Also Cenk deploying the loving racist, sexist, poor shaming dogwhistle of "welfare queen" should tell you everything you need to know about why he's wrong and ultimately a piece of poo poo who probably wouldn't even be on this side of the fence if he didn't have a privileged position from which to pontificate.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 6, 2020

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Like Vizzini, you aren't nearly as clever as you think you are.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Zotix posted:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/georgia-district-attorney-vows-bring-shooting-unarmed-black-man-grand-n1200501

Have any of you been following the shooting of Ahmaud Arbery? He was shot and killed in SE Georgia in Feb. The DA has passed the case off now to 2 different DA's due to one of the shooters working with the local police department in the past. The third DA today recommended that a Grand Jury review the case, but that won't happen for a while due to COVID. The two shooters are free right now. Additionally, a few hours ago a Georgian radio station released video of the shooting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNZQvE2k4OE. I moved away from the area about 7 months ago, but everyone from that area on social media seems to be alluding to some kind of a protest starting in a few hours.

https://www.runwithmaud.com/

Definitely following this. Check out this website, at least sign the petition but you should also donate. Lee Merritt and another lawyer are representing the family.

This was a white supermoist full on hit job without evidence. As you said, the murderers are free (reminder that ACAB) and this is entirely bullshit.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Hairy Marionette posted:

Are you saying that should cut off funding to red states if Democrats take over the federal government next year?
If Trump follows through on cutting off federal funding to blue states if they don't fulfill his racist wishlist, then yes, they absolutely should.

It's bad that norms and :decorum: are broken now, but they won't be re-established by one side pretending they're still functioning and the other completely ignoring them. It needs to get ugly and everyone must suffer so that everyone can agree that new norms need to be established with better enforcement mechanisms. Why would Republicans ever go along with that if they get all the upsides but never any downsides?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Empowering ordinary people by exacerbating the class divide. Brilliant.

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

Inferior Third Season posted:

If Trump follows through on cutting off federal funding to blue states if they don't fulfill his racist wishlist, then yes, they absolutely should.

It's bad that norms and :decorum: are broken now, but they won't be re-established by one side pretending they're still functioning and the other completely ignoring them. It needs to get ugly and everyone must suffer so that everyone can agree that new norms need to be established with better enforcement mechanisms. Why would Republicans ever go along with that if they get all the upsides but never any downsides?

Cutting off funding to blue states also hurts the republicans in those states. Cutting off funding to red states also hurts the democrats in those states. I think I'd rather we dissolve the union than turn it into a contest where no matter who wins half the states take a giant dump on the other half.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Inferior Third Season posted:

What on earth makes you think that Republican voters suffering will lead to any other conclusion in their brains beyond "gently caress the Dems, they need to be destroyed"?

This is accelerationist thinking. If we gently caress over <insert group here> then certainly this time, THIS TIME they'll come around to my way of thinking!!!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

The Sean posted:

https://www.runwithmaud.com/

Definitely following this. Check out this website, at least sign the petition but you should also donate. Lee Merritt and another lawyer are representing the family.

This was a white supermoist full on hit job without evidence. As you said, the murderers are free (reminder that ACAB) and this is entirely bullshit.

In for $15.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1257786917552377856?s=20

There's a beautiful irony to them being in front of a big sign proclaiming socialism (though for real what is that, a socialist fishermen's house?)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
to be clear /\ that's not my finest post in the history of these forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Wow, so shocking that piss baby doesn't wanna wear a mask.

At this point, it's a question of when he'll get COVID-19, not if