Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

##petgive: timing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

I'm off and on right now, had a personal thing happen and I'm in somewhat of a bad space.

LordNad (5): jivjov, The Ninth Layer, Tom Tucker, jivjov, Tom Tucker, Tom Tucker, The Ninth Layer, Voodoofly, merk, The Ninth Layer, Sandwolf, OFFICER LIGER, merk, Jose Valasquez, The Ninth Layer
OFFICER LIGER (4): zzyzx, Voodoofly, Khris Kruel, OFFICER LIGER, LordNad, jivjov, OFFICER LIGER, Voodoofly, kumba, LordNad, kumba, LordNad
Deadbeat Dad (3): vivat virtute, vivat virtute, merk, yuming, merk, Amnistar, merk
merk (2): Jose Valasquez, Jose Valasquez, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, hambeet, Deadbeat Dad
Varinn (2): Jose Valasquez, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Jose Valasquez, CapnAndy, kumba
Khris Kruel (1): merk, merk, Token Female
Voodoofly (1): CCKeane
kumba (1): The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer

Of the people with votes my pref would be: Nad / KK > Kumba > Liger/Varinn > Merk. I'm not voting me.

I'll try to check in closer to deadline but I'm happy where my vote is now

Okay, but what if I make a really really convincing case on you, would you vote yourself then?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

oh christ i forgot it was 8 EASTERN. im reading seven pages right now, gimmie a sec

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

CCKeane posted:

Okay, but what if I make a really really convincing case on you, would you vote yourself then?

I'd vote you, but you at least made me chuckle.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

##petgive: timing

Not a player, therefore cannot receive a pet!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

But Timing is everything spoonsy!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Oh look at me I'm an omnipotent being my only weakness is interpreting autocorrect pee pee poo poo.

##petgive: yuming

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
##petgive yuming

would still vote merk or liger. will swap to avoid nl if it comes to it but like my current vote best

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Not good seeing that half the thread is not around

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

We've got 35 minutes until the deadline, some of ya'll saying "I'll move to avoid a no-launch" need to start moving, if everyone waits until we've got 10 minutes left we're gonna gently caress this up

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jose Valasquez posted:

We've got 35 minutes until the deadline, some of ya'll saying "I'll move to avoid a no-launch" need to start moving, if everyone waits until we've got 10 minutes left we're gonna gently caress this up

Yeah fine.

##vote Officer Liger

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

##petgive token

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

I really, truly am not feeling any of the vote leaders. I regret not being around to back up toke's case on KK, which probably can't get any steam now, but I absolutely want to return to tomorrow.

I'm going to reread DBD and Nad's posts and see if the spirit lifts me. The liger stuff feels too weak rn, but dependant on flips we can come back to this too.

also ##petgive yuming.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am back!

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

to be clear on rereading my own post: ill stand by any vote i make. thats not wishy washy "well if i HAVE to vote" poo poo. i would never disclaim my agency. hold me to that

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##petgive: Tokes

##unvote ##vote LordNad I like this more than liger.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Varinn posted:

to be clear on rereading my own post: ill stand by any vote i make. thats not wishy washy "well if i HAVE to vote" poo poo. i would never disclaim my agency. hold me to that

you aren't voting

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
PET VOTE UPDATE

Tokes (6): merk, CapnAndy, Amni, yuming, Liger, JoseV, TNL

JoseV (3): zzyzx, LordNad, Tom Tucker

Yuming (6): KK, Voodoofly, hambeet, CCKeane, kumba, Varinn

TNL (1): Sandwolf

Zzyzx (1): jivjoy

Hambeet (1): Vivat

CapnAndy (1): DBD

Spoonsy fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 6, 2020

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Voodoofly posted:

you aren't voting

it was an edit!!! im writing a vote right now!!!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

glad to see deadline rushes haven't changed in all this time.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Spoonsy posted:

PET VOTE UPDATE

Tokes (6): merk, CapnAndy, Amni, yuming, Liger, JoseV, TNL

JoseV (3): zzyzx, LordNad, Tom Tucker

Yuming (6): KK, Voodoofly, hambeet, CCKeane, kumba, Yuming

TNL (1): Sandwolf

Zzyzx (1): jivjoy

Hambeet (1): Vivat

CapnAndy (1): DBD

Yuming is voting for herself, whaaaaa

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm just asking you to explain your own thought process. You already explained why you don't think scum would fourth vote Amnistar but what you originally took objection to was hambeet and DBD questioning the first three votes.
Yes, and I still don't understand why you are asking me.

I thought Amni was scum, LIGER was joking and Varinn sounded reasonable.

When someone votes with my gut reaction to something early game I'm not like WHOA VARINN SO SUSPICIOUS.

Then, Amni's posting improved and the thread moved on and DBD and ham came in calling the vote I made agreed with bad.

What ham did I read as scummy for the snipey nature of it without a vote, and he is just now finally voting merk.

With DBD I was initially suspicious of his misreading of the situation surrounding the vig which has evolved into a case using the similar ~scum perspective~ I imagined + bad tone reactions to being cased and confusing perspective surrounding merk and I.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CCKeane posted:

I voted for Tokes to have a pet :sun:

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Fixed because I am allowed to edit!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I will be playing DnD soon here so I will be around but not fully active in thread.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Day 1? its a tough one. and everyone takes it differently.

as it stands, my read on Nad is that he took a shot, it went wide, and he gave up for the day, in his mind. this reads natural, to me. no drive to force something to happen, no flailing in survival. no vote here.

now, that said, ##vote Deadbeat Dad. sorry buddy. and i know this line of argument might be a bit gauche, a bit self serving, but the way you latched onto yuming and I for the case we made on amni doesn't sit right. you spend very little time explaining WHY the case we make is suspicious, mostly describing it as "safe." which is ironic, because it becomes a very safe harbor for you to sit in.

and this

Deadbeat Dad posted:

OMGUS can be powerful if used/sussed correctly. I play defensively on purpose because scum like to attach themselves to cases where they can blend in with minimal effort and echo posts with some bullshit added reasoning that doesn't really apply yet people will ignore it because of the nature of the thread/vibes/whatever.

is projection salad to me. its making up a style where there is none to explain away your activities. i DO think his frustration under fire is genuine, i just also think its possible that it is the frustration of a d1 scum. it has a different flavor to nad's, in that he lashes out at specific people as scummy based on their interactions with him, over making a stronger individualized case.

still would rather a KK vote but thems the breaks

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

##vote LordNad

Between Nad and Liger, I’ll go Nad.

I don’t feel highly confident on DBD or Merk but would go to either to avoid NL

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

##vote LordNad

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
re: Nad

He has popped back to the thread and said very little.

I think I've only played 1 game or so with Nad so I don't have a good read on his style. I thought his LIGER suspicion sounded genuine.

Overall, I just wish I had more opinions from him, tbqh.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

anyway now that i got that out of the way i can casually while away my time getting my thoughts on the table. its good to have a record, even if you keep some cards to your chest.

vivat virtute posted:

What? Are you calling out DBD as a godfather?

vivat virtute posted:

or is it a scumslip because you know DBD is town

these sorts of posts dont ever sit right with me. this sort of yugioh trap card poo poo you should only pull when its absolutely 100% a slip up, but trying to muddy the waters with "aha, you WOULD say that" just fluffs up your own resume

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

LordNad (8): jivjov, The Ninth Layer, Tom Tucker, jivjov, Tom Tucker, Tom Tucker, The Ninth Layer, Voodoofly, merk, The Ninth Layer, Sandwolf, OFFICER LIGER, merk, Jose Valasquez, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, vivat virtute, zzyzx
OFFICER LIGER (4): zzyzx, Voodoofly, Khris Kruel, OFFICER LIGER, LordNad, jivjov, OFFICER LIGER, Voodoofly, kumba, LordNad, kumba, LordNad, CCKeane, zzyzx
Deadbeat Dad (4): vivat virtute, vivat virtute, merk, yuming, merk, Amnistar, merk, Varinn
merk (2): Jose Valasquez, Jose Valasquez, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, hambeet, Deadbeat Dad
Varinn (2): Jose Valasquez, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Jose Valasquez, CapnAndy, kumba
Khris Kruel (1): merk, merk, Token Female
Amnistar (0): yuming, Varinn, OFFICER LIGER, OFFICER LIGER, yuming, Varinn
CapnAndy (0): LordNad, LordNad, CCKeane, CCKeane
Tom Tucker (0): CapnAndy, CapnAndy
zzyzx (0): The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, Amnistar, vivat virtute, vivat virtute, merk, OFFICER LIGER, merk, Amnistar, OFFICER LIGER
Voodoofly (0): CCKeane, CCKeane
kumba (0): The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer
50 pounds of bread (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly
The Ninth Layer (0): zzyzx, zzyzx
Sandwolf (0): Amnistar, Amnistar
jivjov (0): LordNad, LordNad
vivat virtute (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly
yuming (0): Deadbeat Dad, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, Deadbeat Dad
hambeet (0): yuming, Token Female, Token Female, yuming

Not Voting (2): 50 pounds of bread, Jamuraan

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 05th, 2020 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 14 minutes.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I knew where Varinn's post would end up going for some reason :sun:

I already gave my thoughts on Liger. ##vote Nad to avoid a no lynch but all of the top 3 options suck because players don't want to get their feet wet or potentially get in the ~crosshair~. I think we're all town.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Just checking in at deadline but looks like we are consolidating and my votes already there.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

yuming posted:

re: Nad

He has popped back to the thread and said very little.

I think I've only played 1 game or so with Nad so I don't have a good read on his style. I thought his LIGER suspicion sounded genuine.

Overall, I just wish I had more opinions from him, tbqh.

It is genuine. What opinions do you want that I haven't already posted?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Varinn posted:

anyway now that i got that out of the way i can casually while away my time getting my thoughts on the table. its good to have a record, even if you keep some cards to your chest.

these sorts of posts dont ever sit right with me. this sort of yugioh trap card poo poo you should only pull when its absolutely 100% a slip up, but trying to muddy the waters with "aha, you WOULD say that" just fluffs up your own resume

He's right though, I am town :c00l:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
##vote lordnad

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Varinn posted:

regret making this post as i look down the barrel of the TimeGun

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote LordNad

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
##vote LordNad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!
Self preservation

##vote DBD