Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully by 'special forces' they mean '18X's that never went to the q course before ets'ing' but I doubt that's the case

e: I think I got 18X mixed up with the national guard groups, 18X actually go to the q course, don't they?

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

that baby has more money than all of us combined

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I'm pretty sure one of the unique aspects of Army SF in particular is that they DO plan their own operations and each team goes into isolation to do just that for each mission.

Sounds like they were both NCOs though and planning operations is an officers responsibility.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Slim Pickens posted:

Hopefully by 'special forces' they mean '18X's that never went to the q course before ets'ing' but I doubt that's the case

e: I think I got 18X mixed up with the national guard groups, 18X actually go to the q course, don't they?

18X goes through infantry basic before eventually making it to selection and the Q course.

Same goes for NG SF groups, if they're trying to enlist straight into SF.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Having worked with a couple different groups, planning missions in isolation isn’t really a thing outside of Robin Sage. The last twenty years of bombing dirt has inhibited a lot of things. Jade Helm was supposed to fix that, but that went about as well this Venezuelan invasion.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Having worked with a couple different groups, planning missions in isolation isn’t really a thing outside of Robin Sage. The last twenty years of bombing dirt has inhibited a lot of things. Jade Helm was supposed to fix that, but that went about as well this Venezuelan invasion.

Obama ruined this op too!?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Everything about this video is just loving amazing.

https://twitter.com/JuYeonKimTV/status/1257473262881255425

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I love the comment 'swat is not supposed to be used against unarmed citizens' when all those dudes appear to have rifles.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

did anyone say Bay of Brigs yet

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
America.Crackpng :downs:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

America.Crackpng :downs:

america_crack.png :eng101:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

how much am i showing my rear end if i finally ask what crack ping is

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Patware posted:

how much am i showing my rear end if i finally ask what crack ping is

It's a CSPAM thing, it's supposed to be the sound of your brain breaking or something like that.

Personally I can't hear it in my head as anything other than a Garand.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CRACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoBWUs8poYU&t=14s

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CommieGIR posted:

They are good at execution, but rarely plan their own ops.

Erik Prince is also probably too busy training Chinese how to run concentration camps.

Uhhhh. Yeah, no. Your not right on this one.

LtCol J. Krusinski fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 5, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I love that noise

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Gov Pritzker issued detailed phase guidance for getting Illinois back to speed.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coronavirus/pritzker-reveals-five-phases-of-reopening-for-illinois/2266932/

Nuts to think phase 4 is maybe late summer/fall and 5 is definitely 2021.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Crack Ping sounds like a rejected character from Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. "That's Crack Ping, we intentionally got him hooked on crack, as a joke."

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I love that noise

Same

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Makes me wanna play old school DoD

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1257713578544640001?s=19

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mustang posted:

18X goes through infantry basic before eventually making it to selection and the Q course.

Same goes for NG SF groups, if they're trying to enlist straight into SF.

National Guard SF as a thing that exists always makes me lol.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
A good decision:

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1257810561171107842

I've never had a problem with postponing state/local elections to give time for mail-in / absentee poo poo to work out, but outright cancelling this primary should've been a no-go from the start.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I love that noise

My friend's got a Garand and we went shooting right before all this started shutting everything down. Such a fun gun to shoot.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Huh. That's what a crack ping feels like.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

My friend's got a Garand and we went shooting right before all this started shutting everything down. Such a fun gun to shoot.

One of the gippers has one. I was hoping to fire it before I had to can my trip

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Leavemywife posted:

Huh. That's what a crack ping feels like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W99n083E0IA&t=9s

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Uhhhh. Yeah, no. Your not right on this one.

I stand corrected.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I loving hate the crack ping meme.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Midjack posted:

Why?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I loving hate the crack ping meme.

It just hasn't happened to you yet.

Embrace the chaos. Watch the world burn from the patio while eating ice cream for lunch. Smoke all the weeds and drink all the booze. We're in the home stretch of humanity, enjoy the show.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Watch this video and you will see, I guess you'd call it a crack ping, I refer to it as his brain melting

https://youtu.be/6pHM8ZT2lZo

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Haha one of the protestors has an SAS tattoo. But this is great, the crackping is coming on hard

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Ok I want to learn something today. How is it that those guys who walk around carrying or have a rifle strapped to their chest not get at least cited for brandishing or carrying a weapon in a threatening manner? Going to a government building or the residence of a state governor and having a bunch of rifles is certainly not a lawful use of a firearm. At least in my uninformed opinion.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
They're white.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ded posted:

Ok I want to learn something today. How is it that those guys who walk around carrying or have a rifle strapped to their chest not get at least cited for brandishing or carrying a weapon in a threatening manner? Going to a government building or the residence of a state governor and having a bunch of rifles is certainly not a lawful use of a firearm. At least in my uninformed opinion.

They're white.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Midjack posted:

Fun fact, there were two NG SF units, and two reserve SF units.

19th and 20th NG remain.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

ded posted:

Sit for a while, and I will tell you a tale.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

ded posted:

I somewhat disagree with the above posts - it's due to the dumbass open carry laws that make this poo poo not a crime. White people love cosplay penis extenders.

Where I agree - if black people did it, nobody else would do it anymore and the open carry laws would be repealed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Suicide Watch posted:

Haha one of the protestors has an SAS tattoo. But this is great, the crackping is coming on hard

Wait isn't SAS british