Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Thesaurus posted:

Covid thread feels agitated tonight. When the news slows down it gets ugly in here

slows down?? today was one of the most eventful days since the shutdown began

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

they had time. they could've prevented most of this. they chose not to.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1257871480492359680?s=19

Oh...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

snoo posted:

hehe remember how multiple senators profited bigly off this by selling off their stonks instead of warning the rest of us

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Thesaurus posted:

Covid thread feels agitated tonight. When the news slows down it gets ugly in here

There's been a lot of news today but May is mostly just shaping up to be an utter disaster and that sucks.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

hehe remember how multiple senators profited bigly off this by selling off their stonks instead of warning the rest of us

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

remember how trump didnt want the number to go up from 15 and stopped testing and doomed the country

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
decided to learn more tableau and update this thing

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Thesaurus posted:

as it was in the tornt thread, so it is in tortl thread 2.0

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

"to the land" as in 'your parents and grandparents have lived in this lovely house and it's yours now, this is all you own and you've always lived here'

love to watch people who went to graduate school at private universities tell people in rural towns who have had their family grow up there for generations that they're settlers actually. it's really cool and definitely shows an interest in people's material conditions

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

no trump presser though

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Chunky Salsa posted:

This garbage state is going to get me killed, along with the rest of my ageing family. Worst testing rates in the nation.

I know, I know, no one weep.

Join our SRA chapter then, nerd

There are a lot of lefties coming out of the woodwork in AZ right now

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wut I miss

Spent most of the day in a daze listening to my wife cough non-stop because she prob has covid

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Well gently caress, someone I know personally died from this.

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

Thesaurus posted:

If it makes you feel better, I'm in Puerto Rico And our testing rate is a THIRD of Arizona's :snoo:

It does not for your sake, but thanks

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I miss working at the restaurant. not because I got paid a paltry wage or anything but because I'd go in, participate in a cooperative effort with 15 other people to feed and serve hundreds of people in an evening, and then kick back at the bar at the end of the night and enjoy my free meal and free drinks while shooting the poo poo with my coworkers

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/maddow/status/1257760919096082433

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Thesaurus posted:

Wut I miss

Spent most of the day in a daze listening to my wife cough non-stop because she prob has covid

everything is great!

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Blockade posted:

Well gently caress, someone I know personally died from this.

sorry goonfriend :(

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

snoo posted:

shoulda run bernie then

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

kater posted:

i have no idea how any plane manages to avoid anything, flying out of so many cities is just straight terrifying.

the sky is very large, relatively, compared to a plane

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

herd immunity achieved, open it u...oh wait

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

fosborb posted:

:hellyeah:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Shipon posted:

love to watch people who went to graduate school at private universities tell people in rural towns who have had their family grow up there for generations that they're settlers actually. it's really cool and definitely shows an interest in people's material conditions

Ah yes let me attack the very concept of expertise in leftist theory, a very leftist position

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Chunky Salsa posted:

It does not for your sake, but thanks

Just looked it up because I started second guessing myself about how stupid this is.

Tests/1M pop

72,340 Rhode island
52,445 New York

12,705 Arizona

3,845 Puerto Rico ( :rip: me I guess)

Thesaurus has issued a correction as of 04:53 on May 6, 2020

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

I think this phase of "reopen now!" Is more driven by businesses than consumers. They're all staring down imminent bankruptcy and a magical reopening while the pandemic disappears is the only way they stay solvent.

Even my alma mater is talking about how the next academic year will be on campus and everything will be normal with some social distancing policies... because if anything else happens they go bankrupt.

I bet we'll start seeing a lot of dominoes fall soon.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Watch soon the countries that have overcome Covid, ban the poo poo out of every plane coming from the US.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

kater posted:

i have no idea how any plane manages to avoid anything, flying out of so many cities is just straight terrifying.

Air traffic controllers. And luck. Lots of luck. Big sky theory kind of luck.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

my wife had to go into work two days in a row for "meetings" and "training" for when the store reopens. it ended up being a bunch of dumb bullshit about how they have to value the customers and how important and essential the company is (if you really are essential, provide these things for free to first responders, and not the 25 karens blocking traffic bc they need their cawfee).

all of her coworkers don't want to reopen. they all took the offered catastrophe pay for the maximum amount of time, and if they extend it I expect them all to continue as well. my wife is going to take a leave of absence if they don't extend it.

they were all in agreement at how awful this poo poo is. and my wife today said "when the government and our leaders say they're okay with 3000 dying a day, they mean you, they specifically mean me, a vulnerable person who has a very real chance of dying, they mean my wife, they mean your family and your friends."

one of her coworkers has a friend in New York and their dad died. they had to live with the corpse of their father for two days before someone could take care of it, and then no funeral, just cremation. and we all know this keeps happening.

I feel like some people just can't put themselves in someone else's shoes. imagine how loving awful that is. imagine watching someone you love die and then having them in the same loving room as you for days. and you couldn't do anything to help them. at least you might've gotten to say goodbye.

but no, go get your loving coffees, your mcchicken sandwiches, your crafting projects, keep creating crowds of people because you're bored, keep killing yourselves and everyone else.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO @ the backwards third world banana republic that is the United States

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

fosborb posted:

i think you should add a figure of daily benghazis

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

facetoucher cat posted:

Idk. I can't find a therapist who will take me. I've been trying for years. Being turned down by a professional after telling them about your trauma for an hour and still having to pay them is a special kind of violation

Dang that's rough I'm sorry. :( It was hard enough to find my therapist and it was good for a while since insurance covered it so I only had to pay $30/wk out of pocket but then she decided fighting with insurance wasn't worth it and stopped taking it so I had to drop it due to the price.

If it helps, this is the website I used to find her originally. You can search by zip code and insurance provider: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shipon posted:

I know right

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Shear Modulus posted:

oh gently caress youre right

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

ive been avoiding all news, what happened lately

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Tonight I'm having tequila with my beans

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

Current Death Total in US: 18,000 Benghazis

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Greg Legg posted:

Tonight I'm having tequila with my beans

Ah, the latest Covid cure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Shipon posted:

I also love to do this with my graduate degree from a private university