Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The BROss fight formerly known as Johnny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

ChocoBRO

(eww)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

BROmetheus!

BROHAMUT

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So I finally sat down and finished the story to this. My God that went places at the end and I don't know how I really feel about all that. Before the game came out I accepted that the game was not the same as the original Final Fantasy 7. After playing though it through, it feels like they added in the climax out of obligation than anything else to be honest. I was mostly alright with the whispers most of the game since they were kind of like a manifestation of the life steam, but having a... Climactic? Battle against them at what felt like a really random place rubbed me the wrong way. I think I'd be more on board with this stuff if they had simply shoved it in later.

It feels like they've essentially blown their load on this concept already, so I really hope they dial it back for future games. Not so much about changing the plot because of fighting back against fate, but the actual big battle against... Whatever that was. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't emotionally checked out like a third of the way into that fight.

I did fulfill my promise and kill Sephiroth with a Mr Hugglesworth though, that's the most important thing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do any skills/spells actually deal Fixed or Proportional damage? Or are they exclusive to items?

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

RatHat posted:

Do any skills/spells actually deal Fixed or Proportional damage? Or are they exclusive to items?

The Bio spells do AFAIK.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Agents are GO! posted:

Edit, alternatively the beginning of One Winged Angel, but its "BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO BRO"

Edit: I'm howling. Absolutely amazing. I just keep saying it over and over in my head like a dipshit.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5mLCC6PzJQ

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
Johnny becoming the final boss would be either amazing or horrible.

Joke Ending maybe?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Johnny should be a sans undertale type deal where you fight the alternate timeline version of him that tried to join soldier instead of cloud or whatever

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Agents are GO! posted:

"I got some load-bearing PAIN for you, Hell House!"

Also, episode 3 prediction: Scotch and Kotch somehow make it on board the Highwind. When Tifa and Cloud boink while the rest of the party is watching from the airship, they narrate the whole thing like the Coliseum matches.

Alternate episode 3 prediction: right as Cloud and Tifa are about to get intimate, Rude runs up carrying a printer.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Logical1234 posted:

Joke Ending maybe?

I could 100% see them making him a VR optional superboss or something.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Gold Saucer minigames now have in-world multiplayer, and your opponent is always Johnny because it's not like he has anything better to do

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Flo1zh5Nk

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Veib posted:

Gold Saucer minigames now have in-world multiplayer, and your opponent is always Johnny because it's not like he has anything better to do
By the time you get to the Gold Saucer, Johnny has figured out that he can play Golf Saucer arcade games all day and get enough GP to stay at the hotel. He lives there now as a professional arcade game player.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Esports ruins yet another young soul.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Someone joked the gold saucer would only be a phone game made by SE's mobile gaming devs

That wasnt funny :(

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Gologle posted:

Esports ruins yet another young soul.

We have to deal with Johnny's Twitch stream in the second game.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/StormYorha/status/1258081391067217920?s=20

What are the chances of a Yosuke Matsuda secret boss fight later installments

Or a secret boss fight against Nomura himself?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SgtSteel91 posted:

Nomura boss fight has to have him in a body concealing black cloak at first. No exceptions.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nomura will appear as the Author of Fate

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

SgtSteel91 posted:

I... don't remember this boss fight from XV.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It was from a dev demo that was never made public, but there's footage of it on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV6uPY9HGkM

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Flopsy posted:

Nomura boss fight has to have him in a body concealing black cloak at first. No exceptions.

When the cloak comes off, you see that he's in Lulu's dress.

...for one shot, and then the rest of the fight you can only see him from the chin up.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Calling it here, part 2 Rufus will join as a guest star party member for the JENOVA fight on the Junon ship. And it will be awesome.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think it's funny that Tifa's "sporty" dress is both more mature and exotic than those options

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
From what I heard, the Japanese word used for "mature" in that scene has a connotation as "sexy" or "provocative".
But the fact that she picks Mature by default, presumably got the stuff for a date with Cloud initially, and wears the earrings that symbolize "wanting to be by someone's side forever" is very sweet.

Beefstew fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 6, 2020

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
So a better translation would have been 'milfy'

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hope Roche shows up in the Gold Saucer as a Chocobo racer. Better yet he still has his motorcycle and you have to beat him with a Chocobo.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Logical1234 posted:

Joke Ending maybe?

He actually does something heroic by the end of part 2, winning kyrie's heart.

That's my ship.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1258077676562083841

Crying with laughter at the wall of text for Sephiroth.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RatHat posted:

I hope Roche shows up in the Gold Saucer as a Chocobo racer. Better yet he still has his motorcycle and you have to beat him with a Chocobo.

I love how hard they tried to sell Roche as the Majima to Cloud's Kiryu and it totally worked

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

BaDandy posted:

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1258077676562083841

Crying with laughter at the wall of text for Sephiroth.

I literally scream laughed when read the part about him getting farther along with Cloud than the official love interests of the game. Also...uh...that wall of text was scarily accurate not gonna lie.

precision posted:

I love how hard they tried to sell Roche as the Majima to Cloud's Kiryu and it totally worked

ROCHE FOR LOVE INTEREST I KNOW YOU READ THE FORUMS KITASE DON'T YOU DARE DENY ME

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I only wish Roche could've seen Cloud's sick motorcycle stunts in the Shinra HQ lobby. He would've been so proud!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I still don’t understand what riding a motorcycle has to do with shooting lightning.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Motorcycles are naturally magnetic. Also speed demon magic I dunno.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I'm on chapter 18 and am probably going to beat it tomorrow but basically what the gently caress is happening

also why the hell was cait sith there at the fall of sector 7

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Cowman posted:

I'm on chapter 18 and am probably going to beat it tomorrow but basically what the gently caress is happening

Contractual obligation of showing up at a very dark and depressing moment to lighten up the mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJQMZ8k-wKA

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cowman posted:

I guess Reeve was either trying to stop it but was too late, or wanted to see it “in person”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

RatHat posted:

No, he rides a chocobo, but does stunts and poo poo on it just like his bike.