Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

everyone should go out for an ice cream cone this week if they can just remember PPE and to practice social distancing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I will lmao AND lmbo if Trump accidentally enacts the LIBERAL AGENDA and forces chuds to stop eating steaks

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

Boca burgers are good. I gave up on beef a while back and it's either those or turkey burgers for me.

The key for me in transitioning to a more meatless diet was to not eat meat substitutes or expect anything to be fundamentally like meat, you gotta enjoy the plant matter on it's own merits.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Dead people are getting Trumpbux before me wtf

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Americans will end the whole program at the thought of like 0.01% of the payments being issued in eeror

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mayor Dave posted:

don’t get any ideas

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Quiet Feet posted:

Boca burgers are good. I gave up on beef a while back and it's either those or turkey burgers for me.

yeah, we usually go with stuff from Gardein because it's basically 1 bag = 1 dinner plus a lunch worth of leftovers, their seasoned meatballs are insanely good if a little time consuming to cook

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Mayor Dave posted:

you can take my trumpbux from my cold dead hands

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
Cinco de LOL

https://twitter.com/theburn_VA/status/1257822876335513601?s=19

By early evening Tuesday, Parrando’s Tex Mex Grill in Ashburn had a reported 100-200 people waiting outside its doors. The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office confirms they got a call about overcrowding in the parking lot there and sent a deputy. The deputy advised Parrando’s managers about the current rules for restaurants and the people gathered were asked to return to their cars to wait for their food.

Apr 7, 2003

703 posted:

Cinco de LOL

By early evening Tuesday, Parrando’s Tex Mex Grill in Ashburn had a reported 100-200 people waiting outside its doors. The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office confirms they got a call about overcrowding in the parking lot there and sent a deputy. The deputy advised Parrando’s managers about the current rules for restaurants and the people gathered were asked to return to their cars to wait for their food.

Americans have no culture other than mindless consumption and would rather catch a painful disease and die than be prevented from eating out.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The key for me in transitioning to a more meatless diet was to not eat meat substitutes or expect anything to be fundamentally like meat, you gotta enjoy the plant matter on it's own merits.

except for Morningstar chikn nuggets. those are still amazing

heartily recommend Bitman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian if anyone is looking for a comprehensive reference

Apr 7, 2003

I've taken a pretty strong liking to kale and/or mustard greens wilted up and stuck in everything.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

good job on winning everyone

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Reported for doxxing Plinkey

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

703 posted:

Cinco de LOL

just lmao
USA is a farce and a nightmare

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
“(Los Toltecos) was packed. Half weren’t wearing masks and you couldn’t talk to any employees to see what was up,” said Lindsay Pualoa. Her family gave up trying to get their order and ended up making pizza after even Taco Bell had a long line.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I've taken a pretty strong liking to kale and/or mustard greens wilted up and stuck in everything.

I'm growing mustard greens this year!

I dont think I'll ever completely give up meat but I've gone mostly meatless for breakfasts (either a bagel and fruit or eggs and toast) and only typically have meat at lunch if it's dinner leftovers. We did boca burgers with potato and veggie hash last night and it was really good.

Apr 7, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm growing mustard greens this year!

I dont think I'll ever completely give up meat but I've gone mostly meatless for breakfasts (either a bagel and fruit or eggs and toast) and only typically have meat at lunch if it's dinner leftovers. We did boca burgers with potato and veggie hash last night and it was really good.

I haven't really eaten breakfast in a while, I usually eat dinner around 7:00 PM and I'm good until lunch the next day. Just have a few cups of coffee. Not moving as much anymore on most days.

beans and greens is good as hell and combines the two best foods.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/patrick-and-gina-neely/greens-and-beans-recipe-1940026

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981?s=19

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Woofer posted:

this is from a bajillion pages ago but the cops will probably fall in line with the oathkeepers on this one.

Oathkeepers can't pay. The instant they openly side with these triggered babies they'll stop getting paid and they'll lose the permission of the state to do violence. If the country collapses then sure it'll be a free for all, but until then the cops are least likely to defect because they have everything they want already.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Penisaurus Sex posted:

We can't be too far away from a governor telling their supreme court to gently caress off. Judicial review is such a farce.

literal end of the country poo poo, nobody is pushing that button over a couple million dead at worst and the worst economy in everyone's lifetime

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1256274755876986884

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaraGonzalesTX/status/1257791119393533953

quote:

A Dallas salon owner will spend a week in jail after she was found in contempt of court Tuesday for violating an order to close her salon during the coronavirus pandemic. In addition, Shelley Luther was fined $7,000 for continuing to operate her business, Salon à la Mode, in violation of a judge’s temporary restraining order issued against the business.

Luther was taken into custody immediately after the hearing and booked into the Dallas County jail just after 4:30 p.m.

Like other businesses deemed nonessential, Luther’s Far North Dallas salon was forced to close March 22 after the county enacted its stay-at-home order. She reopened the salon April 24 despite that order, and tore up a cease-and-desist letter from County Judge Clay Jenkins at a demonstration the next day.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fosborb posted:

honestly a bit surprised how proactive retail meateries are being about this

this was yesterday. meat rationing across Iowa begins today

I have been doing hyvee pickup for my groceries recently and was starting to assemble my order and realized Im about to find out how much is considered a 'package' from the meat counter because hell if I know how many brats or how many pounds of ground beef count as one.

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FAUXTON posted:

if you're in Iowa you probably can just buy a quarter/half/whole cow from a family farm

This is indeed the way to do it. I have a friend in Des Moines (not even rural) who just buys - I forget exactly what it is - a quarter of a side of beef from a local farm that's grass-fed once a quarter, and he plops it in a chest freezer. The same local farm delivers a variety of vegetables to him once every two weeks. It's way cheaper than HyVee altogether.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBS11Andrea/status/1257809476096266245

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

And chuds will send her money to pay the fine to stick it to the libs

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zberan Madowinty posted:

This is indeed the way to do it. I have a friend in Des Moines (not even rural) who just buys - I forget exactly what it is - a quarter of a side of beef from a local farm that's grass-fed once a quarter, and he plops it in a chest freezer. The same local farm delivers a variety of vegetables to him once every two weeks. It's way cheaper than HyVee altogether.

yeah community supported agriculture owns bones but you're kind of hosed I guess if, like, the pomegranate barons own all the produce anyway

the ones around here do all sorts of pickup locations and home delivery, workplace delivery etc

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Rynn posted:

And chuds will send her money to pay the fine to stick it to the libs

https://mobile.twitter.com/michellemalkin/status/1257807291530702848

207k raised

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

no plates please just pour my food onto the table

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is on gofundme page

quote:

Shelley Luther is an American Hero that has decided to resist tyranny by opening her business against an unlawful State Executive Order. Her business, SALON A LA MODE offers services for hair and nails, microblading, permanent makeup, professional event makeup, braiding and more! Shelley and her team will likely face legal action, fines, and more during her journey back to freedom. She is doing what everyone else is only talking about, in a patriotic move to take back her liberty! Please support Shelley, and her employees by contributing to this worthy cause. You will not just be supporting Shelley, but you will be supporting the idea that our founders put in writing in the Constitution. 100% of all donations will go directly to Shelley Luther.

mystes
May 31, 2006

My mother's hairdresser apparently had the nerve to call my mother up to ask her where she was when it was time for her regularly scheduled appointment a week or two ago, even it's completely legal for her to even operate right now.

Apr 7, 2003

i just want to get a haircut

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

:fuckthis:

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
i still can't believe americans, just so hosed up, words fail me

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I want a haircut but I’m willing to wait a month to not jeopardize people’s lives

mystes
May 31, 2006

Get clippers and give yourself a covid victory buzzcut, comrade.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1258033801520963584

quote:

Aaron M. Kinchen Mr. Kinchen, 39, is a hairstylist in film production in Jersey City.

I woke up with a headache that was Top 5 of my life, like someone inside my head was trying to push my eyes out. I got a 100.6-degree fever. The fever went away, and then I had nausea and a metallic taste in my mouth. I was hungry, and then the taste of food was unappetizing. I put some onions in the Instant Pot to sauté. I put my face in the pot, but I couldn’t smell the onions. I had the runs — that lasted a couple of days. My partner had a cough and shortness of breath. I would just start sobbing. I was totally freaked out. We got nasal swabs together, and it felt like they took a piece of our brain. My partner got his results in 10 days. I got mine in 22.

LaToya Henry Ms. Henry, 43, owns a public relations firm in Lathrup Village, Mich.

It happened so fast. On Monday, I am in the parking lot of my allergist’s office with back pain and a cough that I thought was a sinus infection. On Saturday, I am in an ambulance headed to an emergency room. Three days later, the doctors placed me in a medically induced coma and put me on a ventilator. I was in the hospital for two weeks. Everything hurt. Nothing in my body felt like it was working. I felt so beat up, like I had been in a boxing ring with Mike Tyson. I had a fever and chills — one minute my teeth are chattering and the next minute I am sweating like I am in a sauna. And the heavy, hoarse cough, my God. The cough rattled through my whole body. You know how a car sounds when the engine is sputtering? That is what it sounded like. My sister kept telling me to fight. All I could do was pray because my body had gone kaput.

David Hammer Mr. Hammer, 45, is an investigative reporter in New Orleans.

On Day 10, I woke up at 2:30 a.m. holding a pillow on my chest. I felt like there was an anvil sitting on my chest. Not a pain, not any kind of jabbing — just very heavy. When I told my wife I had this terrible pressure in my chest, she was like, “Sit up.” She made me some tea, and told me to cough. I’ve never really had a panic attack before, but I’d never felt anything like this. I started to feel tingling in my fingers and my extremities, and I’m thinking, “This is a heart attack.” What I was experiencing was not extreme difficulty breathing — it was panic about whether I had extreme difficulty breathing. The thing that makes this so scary is that it is not linear, and the recovery is not linear.

Jared Miller Mr. Miller, 27, lives in Brooklyn and is a general manager at a food delivery platform.

It felt like a very long hangover. Smelling something, getting nauseous. The headache. The overall weakness that your body feels, but more severe. It was chills on a level that I’ve never experienced. Intense shivering. It was very hard to move. I had really intense body aches. It felt like I was in a U.F.C. match and beaten up. Doing anything other than laying in bed and sleeping was difficult. You had to be in the right position in order for your chest to not hurt. Or you had to be in a certain position in order to be able to take a full, comfortable breath. It’s like deep inside your chest. You feel it. Something is definitely inside of me, and I’m definitely infected with something.

Kadambari Wade Ms. Wade, 44, lives in Chandler, Ariz., and works at a security and surveillance company.

I’ve never felt so bizarre. My body felt like it was not my own. I had crazy back pain. Sometimes I felt like I couldn’t move my shoulders. I had a raw, dry cough, and the fevers spiked in the night. I have a C-section scar from 10 years ago that hurt again because I was coughing so much. Everything I did left me feeling a little winded, and just the simple act of getting up and having a shower was tiring. I had no appetite. I had to force myself to eat. I lost nine pounds. The only thing I can tell anyone else, especially people who don’t know what they have and who are wondering, is: “If you can get up and walk a little bit, walk two steps more. Just do whatever you can to keep moving.”

Thoka Maer Ms. Maer, 35, illustrated this piece and is based in New York.

It’s not like a common cold, where you feel a sore throat and sniffles. It just goes straight into your lungs, and you feel other symptoms coming from it. My stomach pain was so bad, it felt like I had appendicitis. I also had a bad cough, shortness of breath and a heavy feeling in my lungs. I slept 19 hours a day, and it still didn’t feel like enough. When I started to recover, I lost my sense of smell and taste. It happened in one day. The entire recovery process is two steps forward, one step back. You keep wondering the whole time, “Is this it?”
just the flu bro

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Utz posted:

i still can't believe americans, just so hosed up, words fail me

I'm not fully convinced all of this is real

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

This is what freedom looks like

:patriot:

Adbot