Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThoraxTheImpaler
Aug 13, 2014

CONDESCENDING
ASSHOLE

notaspy posted:

I only have bases right now, is there a general wash you'd recommend.

Talking of bases what is an easy one to make for this badboy?

Agrax Earthshade and Nuln Oil are the best two all around washes with Agrax being a tad bit more flexible.

For basing I'm partial to the method shown in the Warhammer TV lava base tutorial because it's shockingly easy, it looks good, and you can swap around the colors to fit any paint job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Cork sheets are you friend when it comes to making simple bases.

You can do lava bases

Asphalt

Sandstone

without much issue.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 5, 2020

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Are Hunter-Killer missiles worth anything nowadays? I never used to take them because one shot for the same points as many, many other things seemed bad value.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Clawtopsy posted:

Are Hunter-Killer missiles worth anything nowadays? I never used to take them because one shot for the same points as many, many other things seemed bad value.

eh. not really, comes down to the Ballistic Skill of the unit using it.

Although I will say having 6 scout sentinels all suddenly fire off missiles on turn one is fun if nothing else.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
If you have a some points to throw away you might occasionally get a clutch shot out of it, but if you’re tight on points (which you probably will be if you’re making the most of things) it should be one of the first things to drop.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Okay. The Exorcist HKM is extremely pretty, but it is not getting put on.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Nice to see another Norwegian. Where are you located?

Smallsize.no runs a clearance sale on Vallejo, and has been doing that for over a year now (I don't know why), so if you're looking for specific colours it's worth a look around. It's half price off.

I could not find what I was looking for inside my country (including that site). Tried Amundsen hobby and Panduro. Amundsen had a box set containing it. Which when I tried to return they tried to give me a voucher instead of my money back. Even then there were multiple goblin greens and as he did not specify color number I would have to buy both to figure out the correct type. Some of the colors were impossible to find anywhere. Its all airbrush colors too and according to one of the guys who tried to help me out I would probably want to use an airbrush and would be quite tricky to apply with a normal brush.

Overall been looking for an excuse to get into using an airbrush, but honestly, if anyone with good knowledge of colors knows of GW/Citadel equivalents it would be much appreciated as that would be much easier for me atm.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Clawtopsy posted:

I would be appropriate for Adepta Sororitas vehicles to employ an additional miracle to make the missile optional.

magnets, how do they work?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Hey, does the regular boxdread kit come with alternate sarcophagus fronts? Not the venerable kit, the regular one. It's one of the kits where the GW store doesn't have sprue photos.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Stephenls posted:

Hey, does the regular boxdread kit come with alternate sarcophagus fronts? Not the venerable kit, the regular one. It's one of the kits where the GW store doesn't have sprue photos.

I don't think it does. The regular boxdread kit is a lot older than the Venerable one.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

Eh, I just magnetized it. Good for when you have 8 spare points (not 9, because another Sister is a better choice)

ThoraxTheImpaler
Aug 13, 2014

CONDESCENDING
ASSHOLE

Stephenls posted:

It does. I built one about 6 years ago and I think it had three sarcophagus plate options if I remember correctly.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

ThoraxTheImpaler posted:

It does. I built one about 6 years ago and I think it had three sarcophagus plate options if I remember correctly.

Yeah it's 3. Annoyingly the sprue pictures aren't on the GW site, but you can see all three in the little gallery of people's models that's on the product page.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I’m glad to be wrong about that. Box dreads own

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Endman posted:

I’m glad to be wrong about that. Box dreads own

They do and you're right that the sprue is absolutely ancient. You can put your fist through the gaps in it.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

Midig posted:

Overall been looking for an excuse to get into using an airbrush, but honestly, if anyone with good knowledge of colors knows of GW/Citadel equivalents it would be much appreciated as that would be much easier for me atm.

This chart is quite good

https://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

Vallejo also have their own equivalency charts on the sites but it's not so comprehensive across brands/lines as that one.

There's also a mobile app called paint rack that seems quite good but haven't used it much

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Spoken like a person who's never hacked a door open.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Man I've been hankering of getting back into warhammer for awhile and have been watching games on youtube so I can see what it's like plus painting to give me something to do in isolation so I decided to try and get thousand sons going because their cult stuff looks dumb as poo poo and I'm all in.

Problem is I have nowhere to order them from for in Sydney Australia and ughh. Where do you folks order your models, glues and etc. from? Just curious if I'm poo poo at googling.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I've gone down the rabbit hole of reactionary 40k youtube where guys with english accents lament the "kidifying" and "soyification" of 40k.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Verisimilidude posted:

I've gone down the rabbit hole of reactionary 40k youtube where guys with english accents lament the "kidifying" and "soyification" of 40k.

my suggestion is: don't do this

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Grown men upset at kid stuff in their dolly hobby. Same as ever.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

my suggestion is: don't do this
:same:

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Maneck posted:

Grown men upset at kid stuff in their dolly hobby. Same as ever.

No actually its right wing nut jobs upset that their imaginary fash desires haven't been given official endorsement.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Booley posted:

No actually its right wing nut jobs upset that their imaginary fash desires haven't been given official endorsement.

They're like when kids watch Starship Troopers or Robocop and the satire goes right over their heads, but they're fully grown adults

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Booley posted:

The swastikas and double Ses on my sci-fi minis are historically accurate

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Verisimilidude posted:

WOOP WOOP PULL UP. WOOP WOOP PULL UP.

Get a Youtube video blacklist extension because you're going to hate your recommendations after this.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Booley posted:

That too, also same as ever.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Corrode posted:

They do and you're right that the sprue is absolutely ancient. You can put your fist through the gaps in it.

God I'd kill for GW to do a refresh of good ol kits like box dreads

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

The same could be sad for many, many other kits tbh.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Do skitarii rangers work as a proxy for cultists? I love how they look.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Suppose they could, something like Hereteks or something. But I feel you're going to have to remove a lot of the AdMech iconography and add a couple of Chaos symbols on them to push through that idea.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Improbable Lobster posted:

I mean they did, that's what venerable dreads are.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/06/usa-australia-and-more-webstore-reopening-tomorrow/

Rejoice, for the GW store will open for US, Canada and Australia tomorrow. Same caveats as before applies.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the stores are so tiny, maintaining 6 feet of distance will only really be possible if you're the only person in the store

so business as usual

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Its not open until the new admech models are available :hellyeah:

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Zuul the Cat posted:

Cross posting my (almost) completed Necron army!
Guddamn that is beautiful. Seriously enjoy those/

notaspy posted:

Oi, internet gimme validation!

This is my first ever mini, only took me 6 months to get round to making and painting.

Anyways, on with the show!

I know I'm a fellow newbie (returning after years but still a newb) but that looks nice. Keep posting kynde sirrah.

Maneck posted:

I loved the table top game, and tried hard with the PC game. But I threw in the towel after not very long. Hats off to you for finding some value in it.
Yeah please don't anyone think its even a decent game. There's a challenge and then there is Mordheim. The game HATES you and laughs at your frustration. Shadow of the Horned Rat is a cakewalk compared to it. Again there is a base interesting game underneath a sadists implementation. Like one of the common injuries in the game (lose leg/arm) makes you unable to climb/descend stairs. This wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't punish you for being unable to climb stairs. Easiest way to win once you levelled up a bit is to have one lower level "bait" as the enemy ai knows what level he is and will concentrate on taking out the guys per their level. Also avoid any and all map with "lost in the fog" that seperates a guy as you will not win any 1 on 1 combats. Random Dice Roll hates you. Also try not to cast with your wizards as they can auto die and probably will after one or two casts.

Vlex posted:

One thing Space Marine absolutely nailed was the feeling of being completely indomitable with just the god drat starting gun. It was so much fun to advance slowly but surely while gunning down hordes of enemies with the bolter.

Then late game you're kinda forced into meleeing everything but my god the opening acts against greenskins are glorious.

Space Marine was very monotonous after a bit but groovy to dip in and out of. Also the multi was really fun and I loved their treatment of the various gun. Plus you could do various chapters with the skins and I could play Night Lords and Thousand Sons. Haven't played on the XBone but 360 still had people playing five years ago. Not many and the peaks were mostly centred around Euro time but tempted to see if I could still find some people.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 6, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
It's really remarkable that the first Dawn of War came out almost 7 years ago.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Schadenboner posted:

It's really remarkable that the first Dawn of War came out almost 7 years ago.

If by almost 7 you mean 16? :confused:

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I never play DoW, but I was thinking about grabbing it on Steam. I suck at RTS games though, so I don't know how fun it would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Funzo posted:

I never play DoW, but I was thinking about grabbing it on Steam. I suck at RTS games though, so I don't know how fun it would be.

The Easy difficulty is pretty braindead that even a complete beginner to the genre could win without sweating it.