Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

smarxist posted:

you gotta read this thread lmfao. there's an enormous feeding frenzy of capitalist middlemen gumming up COVID efforts at literally every juncture while people are dying, every one of these motherfuckers needs to be tried and executed

https://twitter.com/davidmcswane/status/1258035536859729920

This guy rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

heard bat is an interesting "alternative meat" that makes for good soups

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

my bony fealty posted:

Fight bat with bat, I like your thinking

Lazer Vampire Jr.
Mar 31, 2005

Ask me about whatever fat loss diet is popular this month!

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

the hell is Arkansas doing right? Or did they just have a big blowup several weeks ago?

Arkansas is just not testing. It has a population of over 3 million and less than 3500 'confirmed' cases.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
the griftmentum is just starting to build!!!!!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

the hell is Arkansas doing right? Or did they just have a big blowup several weeks ago?

positive cases are meaningless

minnesota is seeing a big bump because we're actually ramping up testing, not because things are actually getting worse here (they might be but positive tests don't show that)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Gotta make sure we put in that clause employees can sue employers if they get sick to clamp down on those frivolous lawsuits

Yeah the only thing legislators care about at this point is shielding employers from any and all liability for getting sick at the workplace. Workers comp rules are getting redone everywhere

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

That's nothing, pangolin is an aphrodisiac if you grind up their scales.

Supposedly.

Also tigers, I guess.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

maps like this are only useful if we actually have adequate testing across all 50 states, and we sure as poo poo don't

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Upper Darby? I barely know 'er!

D'arby.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I had to eat chicken thighs last week it was horrible

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

thinking about those chicken thighs

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Young Orc

https://twitter.com/DanCrenshawTX/status/1257846362055548928

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
100k deaths. All there will be. Reopen it up

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 02:40 on May 25, 2020

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
don't eat meat bing bong so simple

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

don't eat meat bing bong so simple

If the pork poo poo didn't get you out of eating meat I don't know what would

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

trump is going to invent a negative GDP

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i don't think the bureaucrats realize that kicking people off unemployment is literally gonna cause food riots~

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

maybe there won't be a massive, out of control spike because people of good conscious are taking it upon themselves to limit their exposure to the community.

with any luck it will mostly be the chuds that die for number in the next couple of months.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Schnorkles posted:

i don't think the bureaucrats realize that kicking people off unemployment is literally gonna cause food riots~

That seems unlikely. We're talking about Americans, the most passive people in the world

Apr 7, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

Bad news, the big tough guys with guns are just going to come to your house and take your beans

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Schnorkles posted:

they've never before faced consequences for their actions

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm very excited to get to WFH for what I assume will be the rest of the year at this point.

I hope I didn't leave anything important or perishable on my desk.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Bad news, the big tough guys with guns are just going to come to your house and take your beans

god drat learn how to loving garden and farm ffs

STOP BUYING GUNS

do what smart people do and steal guns, grow food

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

eric ciaramella posted:

they've never before faced consequences for their actions

lol that anyone thinks that’ll change

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Gripweed posted:

That seems unlikely. We're talking about Americans, the most passive people in the world

people keep saying that, but the until now americans have had just enough of a social safety net that a critical mass of the population is never starving at any given time

three days without food will overcome whatever passive personality trait you like imagine americans to possess

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Siljmonster posted:

god drat learn how to loving garden and farm ffs

STOP BUYING GUNS

do what smart people do and steal guns, grow food

pretty sure i saw a movie that had a bullet farm in it lib

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Schnorkles posted:

they do realize it, they want it.

i got kicked off Medical in 2018 for making 10 dollars over my limit. I got denied food stamps in February of this year because they said "working two jobs should be enough for you"

Siljmonster has issued a correction as of 17:08 on May 6, 2020

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fits my needs posted:

pretty sure i saw a movie that had a bullet farm in it lib

uhhh were they having to buy those bullets???!??????? sounds like theyre growing out of the ground to me

gregday
May 23, 2003

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

if we're being honest, are they not one and the same?

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Dustcat posted:

people keep saying that, but the until now americans have had just enough of a social safety net that a critical mass of the population is never starving at any given time

three days without food will overcome whatever passive personality trait you like imagine americans to possess

Decorum, mother fucker. DECORUM!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dustcat posted:

They cranked up the price on insulin literally 1000 percent and Americans were just like, guess I'll die!

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Schnorkles posted:

No American alive today has any memory of a crisis like this.

Even in a best case, overly optimistic scenario 20% unemployment is locked in until we get a vaccine (at the least).

No democratic government in history has survived a 25-30+ spike in unemployment in less than a year, absent swift reaction*

*: That I can think of, could be wrong.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Young Orc

euphronius posted:

literally terrorism

white people cant be terrorists

unless they are with earth first i guess

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Gripweed posted:

it’s gonna cause #FoodRiots, not actual food riots.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Gripweed posted:

They cranked up the price on insulin literally 1000 percent and Americans were just like, guess I'll die!

again, the victims are just few and far enough between that taking a chance with rationing your insulin seems like the better bet than taking to the streets and getting shot by cops

Apr 7, 2003

Woofer posted:

it’s gonna cause #FoodRiots, not actual food riots.

There is a not-insignificant proportion of Americans waiting for any kind of civil unrest so they can take their adult legoes and murder the guy across the street who blocked their driveway once.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Penisaurus Sex posted:

No American alive today has any memory of a crisis like this.

Even in a best case, overly optimistic scenario 20% unemployment is locked in until we get a vaccine (at the least).

No democratic government in history has survived a 25-30+ spike in unemployment in less than a year, absent swift reaction*

*: That I can think of, could be wrong.

good news the USA isn’t a democratic government

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

euphronius posted:

good news the USA isn’t a democratic government

whatever the US has is not going to survive it either.