Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1258101420345171968

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he is totally distraught by the thousands of people
dying that he thinks is a hoax and not happening

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

triple sulk posted:

he's going to be re-elected in a landslide and the death number will continue to go up

well yeah, that's what he was elected to do

hurt and kill the urbans

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

could be artifacting, and iirc the first one is likely the result of a hosed up camera gimbal (one of the videos is titled gimbal.mp4 which means that's probably what the navy suspected too)

or could be someone (including us) playing around with fancy classified unmanned drone tech

or could be aliens :shrug:

i think aliens is by far the least likely possibility

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

euphronius posted:

he is totally distraught by the thousands of people
dying that he thinks is a hoax and not happening

Our boy is so compassionate that just the thought of someone possibly dying on his watch keeps him up at night.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Thesaurus posted:

That's a Spanish language way of writing it, which makes you a racist for laughing

:wrong:

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/meridithmcgraw/status/1258099419699912711

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Gio posted:

so i heard the “covid deaths are inflated bc hospitals get more money from covid patients” conspiracy poo poo from a friend the other day and given im a big dumb idiot didnt really know what to say other than “gently caress if i know.” how do i explain this is bullshit?

the story in con circles is hospitals get $39,000 extra from FEMA for CV patients, and they're all misdiagnosing/mistreating every case to get that money. none of the doctors, nurses, techs, admin staff, billing clerks, or family members of sick/dead patients ever say anything about it. no family members of misdiagnosed patients, many of whom are dead, have started any malpractice/wrongful death suits anywhere, because they're in on it too? I guess? even though malpractice lawsuit payouts are typically in the millions and even one loss would wipe out 50-100 $39k FEMA payments. thus, ...

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Sure you're starving but a lot of other people have food.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jesus he hates women and workers

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

Dustcat posted:

this is pretty loving impressive, i gotta tip my non-maga hat at the right wing propaganda engine, even if i don't entirely understand its motives in trying to get its entire audience killed

Step aside libs, cower at home while fuel the economy with our souls. I hope we at least get argent energy out of this.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

"Don't you know there are kids eating in China right now?"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

WoodrowSkillson posted:

it does not kill enough people for that to actually be a problem,

well not with that attitude!!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Gio posted:

so i heard the “covid deaths are inflated bc hospitals get more money from covid patients” conspiracy poo poo from a friend the other day and given im a big dumb idiot didnt really know what to say other than “gently caress if i know.” how do i explain this is bullshit?

It's horseshit because Medicare billing forms don't give a gently caress about the diagnosis, they bill based on procedure codes. ICU time is ICU time, it doesn't matter whether you're in the ICU for covid-19 or for sepsis.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1258100903573405697?s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

brave of that woman to question fat boy to his face

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

how dare you criticize me by saying something that is true about your life. here, have a lie

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/Laurie_Garrett/status/1258102633165991937

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

euphronius posted:

brave of that woman to question fat boy to his face

in any other time a president would send about 60x what was needed and have 80 million photo ops.

Trump will also ensure it's not 'sporadic' anymore as well. There just won't be any.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

NofrikinfuN posted:

trump has an amazing knack for altering reality on the fly

something was just said that upsets you? no, no, that's not possible, they're wrong, its the opposite, you did great and they are bad and probably jealous of how good you did, actually

I've been trying to get this across to people since the election, Trump literally believes he has magical powers to control reality :shrug:

like when he says over and over that the Spanish Flu outbreak was in 1917, it's not because he's lying, it's not a mistake, it's him declaring a false thing and willing the universe to make it become true. he does this all the loving time, it's 100% sincere

he probably really thinks he's helping too, saying fewer people died and making it become true, to him means literally they stop being dead :shrug:

nb: this is a very bad trait for a nation's leader to have

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

cousin? is that you??

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there is no such thing as “almost genocide” lmao

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Flesh Forge posted:

I've been trying to get this across to people since the election, Trump literally believes he has magical powers to control reality :shrug:

like when he says over and over that the Spanish Flu outbreak was in 1917, it's not because he's lying, it's not a mistake, it's him declaring a false thing and willing the universe to make it become true. he does this all the loving time, it's 100% sincere

he probably really thinks he's helping too, saying fewer people died and making it become true, to him means literally they stop being dead :shrug:

nb: this is a very bad trait for a nation's leader to have

this is how rich people work. especially those who were born rich. They say things it happens.

In cases with rich politicians it's the same thing. His supporters will just slow walk whatever death counting activities they can. Get enough people doing this piddly poo poo and the number will go down reinforcing his dumb wish

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Flesh Forge posted:

lmfao

https://twitter.com/kathrynw5/status/1258098361284153345

I really got nothing to add to a lot of this poo poo any more beyond lmao/lmfao/lol

This was inevitable but is still a really terrible development

Literal death cult

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Next time I buy trip protection for a flight I need to read the fine print. Allianz came back to me about my claim and said:

code:
Your plan excludes coverage for losses due to an epidemic.
Your plan does not provide coverage for losses due to an event that was known, foreseeable, intended, or expected when your plan was purchased. 
It's designed to protect you when there is a sudden, unexpected problem or emergency.
Unfortunately, your destination being restricted or inaccessible due to the Coronavirus outbreak is not included among those reasons.
Thankfully AA reimbursed me the full amount anyway. Not sure if I bought a refundable ticket at the time but i'll take it.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

boethius posted:

"Don't you know there are kids eating in China right now?"

lol i wonder if chinese parents now tell their kids "you better eat that. there are starving kids in kentucky and louisiana who would kill for whats on your plate"

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Thesaurus posted:

That's a Spanish language way of writing it, which makes you a racist for laughing

gently caress

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I mean look at this. Is he lying? Is this propaganda? I don't think so, it's Trump literally saying "there are a lot of masks, plenty of masks" and he believes in his brain that there really are more masks because he said the words and the universe will make them become true, he really thinks he's helping :shrug:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://publicpool.kinja.com/subject-pool-report-9a-trump-on-opening-schools-soon-1843292618

quote:

The final comments the president made were on opening schools:
"I would like to see schools open, wherever possible, which I think is in much of the country, most of the country. No, I would say that until everything is perfect I think that the teachers that are a certain age -- perhaps you say over 60, especially if they have a problem with heart or diabetes or any one of a number of things -- I think that they should not be teaching school for a while. And everybody would understand that probably. That we understand. But other than that, we see how well children seem to do. Incredible. You realize how strong children are, right? Their immune system is maybe a little bit different, maybe just a little bit stronger. Or maybe it's a lot stronger, right? Could be a lot stronger. We've learned a lot by watching this monster."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the progaganda is the machine around him that enables and broadcasts his bizarre reality

gregday
May 23, 2003

harsh way to describe barron

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1258094881786007552?s=20

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i honestly just don't care any more

i only really leave the house to buy groceries but the amount of car traffic outside is at least 50% back to normal and we're hosed lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

euphronius posted:

the progaganda is the machine around him that enables and broadcasts his bizarre reality

absolutely, the rest of the GOP doesn't get to hid behind Trump's magical wishmaking psychosis

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Flesh Forge posted:

I mean look at this. Is he lying? Is this propaganda? I don't think so, it's Trump literally saying "there are a lot of masks, plenty of masks" and he believes in his brain that there really are more masks because he said the words and the universe will make them become true, he really thinks he's helping :shrug:

I envy Trump's ability to just believe whatever he wants, maybe moreso than I envy his wealth (to redistribute not hoard, of course)

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

air traffic is down nearly 100%.

Not even close. Passengers are down like 95%, there are still a ton of planes in the air. As of the last time I worked 9 days ago my facility was still doing about 2000 operations a day, down from the normal 5-6000 a day we'd usually be seeing. Low altitude traffic has gone up.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

ko ro nah

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

triple sulk posted:

i honestly just don't care any more

i only really leave the house to buy groceries but the amount of car traffic outside is at least 50% back to normal and we're hosed lol

beaches and boardwalks opening this weekend, we got our freedom back babyyyyyyyyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

fknlo posted:

Not even close. Passengers are down like 95%, there are still a ton of planes in the air. As of the last time I worked 9 days ago my facility was still doing about 2000 operations a day, down from the normal 5-6000 a day we'd usually be seeing. Low altitude traffic has gone up.

yeah, that’s what I meant, thanks