Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's horseshit because Medicare billing forms don't give a gently caress about the diagnosis, they bill based on procedure codes. ICU time is ICU time, it doesn't matter whether you're in the ICU for covid-19 or for sepsis.

My care is covered if it's covid-19 related but since I'm not positive I have to pay for my care so I'm sure you're right about Medicare but say other insurance providers are doing the dance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

fknlo posted:

Not even close. Passengers are down like 95%, there are still a ton of planes in the air. As of the last time I worked 9 days ago my facility was still doing about 2000 operations a day, down from the normal 5-6000 a day we'd usually be seeing. Low altitude traffic has gone up.

Are the dumbass air travel bloggers still "working?"

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Gripweed posted:

This would be the dumbest possible outcome. People lost their job, their family member, their mental well-being, and there's nowhere for them to direct their emotions. There's no collective mourning or catharsis allowed, since the Dems will never focus blame on the Trump administration for their criminal failure, and of course the media will never do anything. And Americans aren't going to riot or try to overthrow the government. There will be a well of unrest, a kind of built up blob of psychic damage caused by this pandemic. And the easiest thing for the people in power to do about it is channel it towards China.

We can't have a memorial for the victims, and we sure as hell can't send any of the criminals to jail. But we can definitely have a lot of anti-Asian racism.

these are the same people (u.s. voters) that couldn't handle a little anti-fascism without having a crackdown on their own citizens smh

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

I've been trying to get this across to people since the election, Trump literally believes he has magical powers to control reality :shrug:

he does, haven't you been paying attention?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i drove down to south denver yesterday to buy an amp off craigslist and the main interstate was back to 80% of its normal clusterfuck, but this time everybody's driving 110 mph

i saw a golf cart drive a half mile down a main corridor road a couple weeks back

laws no longer mean poo poo

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

actionjackson posted:

Are the dumbass air travel bloggers still "working?"

Josh Cahill is still flying and endangering people, but he's in asia so I think that makes it slightly more reasonable. He recently flew in business around Indonesia and he was the only passenger in the cabin

Apr 7, 2003

facetoucher cat posted:

My care is covered if it's covid-19 related but since I'm not positive I have to pay for my care so I'm sure you're right about Medicare but say other insurance providers are doing the dance

I've seen it referenced via Medicare and Medicare uses a very specific form for billing through facilities that only includes room for CPT4 codes, which are diagnosis-independent.

Private insurers may demand something else, and it may depend on the insurer. Insurer-facility relations is a loving nightmare.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

triple sulk posted:

i honestly just don't care any more

i only really leave the house to buy groceries but the amount of car traffic outside is at least 50% back to normal and we're hosed lol

I'm legitimately considering quitting my job because nobody in the entire company is acting like anything has changed and not a single person in the office other than me is wearing a mask. I hate these goddamned chuds so much I'm just screaming internally all day long.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
What's the opposite of the meat sweats? Because that's what America will have if meat is gone

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

quote:

But other scientists pooh-poohed the method, saying it’s no sure way to wipe out the pandemic.

:itwaspoo:

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Yesh posted:

What's the opposite of the meat sweats? Because that's what America will have if meat is gone

It's called the meat riots

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bean death

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Yesh posted:

the meat dts

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Yesh posted:

The veg chafe.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Yesh posted:

meat shakes and boy are the chuds shaking

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I've seen it referenced via Medicare and Medicare uses a very specific form for billing through facilities that only includes room for CPT4 codes, which are diagnosis-independent.

Private insurers may demand something else, and it may depend on the insurer. Insurer-facility relations is a loving nightmare.

M4A

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Hahahahahahahaha

If you really think about it. Has anyone past the 100k death actually died. I see no bodies. Going to have to side with trump on this one.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 02:41 on May 25, 2020

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol i wonder if chinese parents now tell their kids "you better eat that. there are starving kids in kentucky and louisiana who would kill for whats on your plate"

People in China (and probably most other countries not at war with the US except Canada or Mexico) don't really think about America that much.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol public transport. theres no way that many republicans think of public transport as "safe" even when there's not a pandemic

safe for other people

should have been, last year, how often did you do X. are you planning to do X in the next week.

my guess is that the numbers would be very very different for people who actually do these activities.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

what happened to those two South African people stuck on a resort with an entire staff to serve them

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Mr Hootington posted:

Hahahahahahahaha

If you really think about it. Has anyone past the 60k death actually died. I see no bodies. Going to have to side with trump on this one.

hmmm now that you mention it, I haven't seen any bodies either :thunk:

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

triple sulk posted:

he's going to be re-elected in a landslide and the death number will continue to go up

get some sun, bro. Trump got lucky 1 time running against the most unpopular candidate in history. he is a mere mortal.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Man Musk posted:

get some sun, bro. Trump got lucky 1 time running against the most unpopular candidate in history. he is a mere mortal.

lamo keep underestimating trump

he’s consolidating power every day with this disaster

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
Trump is just a reality TV guy who consequently understands propaganda. Especially the part where believing in what you say is the trick to getting others to believe it as well, and not knowing the truth or erasing it from your mind is the best way to make what you say believable to yourself. He only thinks bullshit is actually real to the extent that he thinks reality tv is more real than reality (which is true to a surprising extent).

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Lol

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Man Musk posted:

Uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh *points at Joe Biden*

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

I'll be surprised if there's an election

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there will be in most states

there isn’t a risk as he will cruise to victory.

Apr 7, 2003

There was ~50% support among Republican voters to postpone* the 2020 election over allegations of 'fraud' in 2017 even before a national catastrophe.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

This is at least an interesting argument, unlike the endless "Biden will lose because everyone I know hates him I don't care what the polls say"

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What the hell is a j bone??

don't be embarrassed to talk to your doctor about peyronie's disease

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is at least an interesting argument, unlike the endless "Biden will lose because everyone I know hates him I don't care what the polls say"

the polls show him losing too so ..

yeah it’s not great

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
give me meat daddy trump

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Lol

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

the polls show him losing too so ..

yeah it’s not great

Paging schnorkles to this thread

Apr 7, 2003

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Trump was elected by his base to 'own the libs' and he will do what owns the libs the most and gets him the most attention. Even though it would be trivial for the GOP to steal an election in the background, he will make a big show of doing it because that will get the most attention and the most hooting from his base, because that is all he lives for.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

euphronius posted:

I'm really hoping that cruise is a pun here, given the topic

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://youtu.be/wdYPxFMhEkE

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

FizFashizzle posted:

what are the good theories on this

https://petapixel.com/2020/04/28/that-navy-ufo-footage-has-an-optical-explanation/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I'm legitimately considering quitting my job because nobody in the entire company is acting like anything has changed and not a single person in the office other than me is wearing a mask. I hate these goddamned chuds so much I'm just screaming internally all day long.

Don't do anything drastic but no job is worth your mental or physical well-being no job will ever be that loyal to you when the chips are really down and that's obviously apparent. That being said having a job is a good thing right now considering the job market. Take care and if you're able step away from your BS job for 2 seconds and go outside to get the D