Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

mycomancy posted:

Uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh *points at Joe Biden*

Hot Mess Mom would choose Generic White Male Democrat over incumbent once the meat runs out any day of the week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
america now has a show in which you go on television and hope you are skilled enough to flatter the president enough that he'll help you not die.

"please help me mister president" is all about the right looks and the right attitude.
this week is "nurses" who made two critical mistakes: they didn't send anyone from "central casting". your "nurse" must look like a candy stripper from the 50's, leggy, angular blondes will go far
and, worst of all, they corrected the president. that kind of "i know stuff" attitude is heavily discouraged at PHMMP. if you say you know stuff that might give someone the impression that the president does NOT know something. this is not allowed. at all times the operative phrase is "we're looking into it". the president's ideas are always breakthrough ideas that no one has ever looked at before and you'll get on that immediately!! follow up not needed.

so sorry nurses, you didn't do nearly as well as the evangelicals or kim kardashian. maybe you'll get another chance next month if the president is still acknowledging that the virus is still around.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

uncop posted:

Trump is just a reality TV guy who consequently understands propaganda. Especially the part where believing in what you say is the trick to getting others to believe it as well, and not knowing the truth or erasing it from your mind is the best way to make what you say believable to yourself. He only thinks bullshit is actually real to the extent that he thinks reality tv is more real than reality (which is true to a surprising extent).

i.e. he lives in a fantasy world and believes he has magical reality altering powers, yes.

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

Scientists are looking at it, very strongly

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Americans deserve their lot.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sous Videodrome posted:

Scientists are looking at it, very strongly

wider

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Man Musk posted:

get some sun, bro. Trump got lucky 1 time running against the most unpopular candidate in history. he is a mere mortal.

the current candidate has a family corruption case and a rape case, visible signs of dementia and a rift in the progressive and liberal wings of the party

maybe sexism against hillary will make the difference, otherwise he might actually be the worse candidate, which is astounding

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

what happened to those two South African people stuck on a resort with an entire staff to serve them

According to this article which came out nearly a month after the last one, it seems to be a Hotel California situation

https://twitter.com/TravelB37160294/status/1256123485988028416?s=20

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The most spiteful generation to ever exist is going to kick off one last big "gently caress you" to everyone as they shuffle off their mortal coil lmao

Hail SS-18, may his passage cleanse the earth.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Biden is 1000x worse than Hillary who actually ... campaigned ? and not a lot hahah

tying it into covid trump will get a huge bump for his successful handling of it and Biden won’t be able to tackle him at all. Bidens response so far (he’s been invisible mostly.m) is to say trump should be more heroic and go after China ?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

twoday posted:

According to this article which came out nearly a month after the last one, it seems to be a Hotel California situation

https://twitter.com/TravelB37160294/status/1256123485988028416?s=20

Pakistantravels dot site

twoday
May 4, 2005

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Biden is 1000x worse than Hillary who actually ... campaigned ? and not a lot hahah

tying it into covid trump will get a huge bump for his successful handling of it and Biden won’t be able to tackle him at all. Bidens response so far (he’s been invisible mostly.m) is to say trump should be more heroic and go after China ?

Biden is generally more acceptable to American voters than Hillary was by a pretty wide margin. Gotta think like a boomer.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Yesh posted:

What's the opposite of the meat sweats? Because that's what America will have if meat is gone

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

NofrikinfuN posted:

the current candidate has a family corruption case and a rape case, visible signs of dementia and a rift in the progressive and liberal wings of the party

maybe sexism against hillary will make the difference, otherwise he might actually be the worse candidate, which is astounding

wait, which party are we talking about here

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

mycomancy posted:

Uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh *points at Joe Biden*

nah, everyone loved joe till it was cool to love trump. most people outside these forums seem to still love joe

him and obama were superstars on the forums and all the chuds got banned for losing their poo poo over them

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

what happened to those two South African people stuck on a resort with an entire staff to serve them

It looks like they went home

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/trapped-honeymoon-south-africans-finally-leave-maldives-20200411

twoday
May 4, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Pakistantravels dot site

Whoops fake news

https://twitter.com/KTLA/status/1256023429297270784?s=20

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

they just had a baby boy and gave it a very weird name!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/laurahopegill/status/1257768878203158528?s=21

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Man Musk posted:

wait, which party are we talking about here

lol like theres a progressive wing of the gop

twoday
May 4, 2005

well now I don’t know what to believe

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Philthy posted:

nah, everyone loved joe till it was cool to love trump. most people outside these forums seem to still love joe

him and obama were superstars on the forums and all the chuds got banned for losing their poo poo over them

that was obama tagalong joe biden

his solo career will not be a success

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

the way i see it, time is on my side

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

euphronius posted:

who cares, really. it's such a small subset of nerds that follow this stuff.

anyway, if you like surprises, then you should definitely not discount the effect that running out of meat, having no job and no money, and everyone you know is dead has on voting for vanilla ice cream over an (already-unpopular) incumbent

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

NofrikinfuN posted:

that was obama tagalong joe biden

his solo career will not be a success

perhaps, but he was obama's dagger during the debates and sealed the wins

one of the greatest threads on the forums was when joe debated that smug gently caress paul ryan and curb stomped their bid into oblivion, i wouldn't write him off - he does know how to call people out on their bullshit to their faces

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

covid's metamorphosis is a pro name

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://investorplace.com/2020/05/warren-buffett-sold-dal-stock-for-a-loss-should-you/

Warren Buffett dumped alllllllll of his airline stonks. So I guess this isn't a good time to buy rock bottom Delta

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Man Musk posted:

who cares, really. it's such a small subset of nerds that follow this stuff.

anyway, if you like surprises, then you should definitely not discount the effect that running out of meat, having no job and no money, and everyone you know is dead has on voting for vanilla ice cream over an (already-unpopular) incumbent

trump will have much more popular solutions than Biden who can’t even talk.

fascism is extremely popular and especially so over liberalism or whatever policy Joe talks about when he’s not denying rape allegations

we will see tho I’m probably wrong who knows

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

NofrikinfuN posted:

there's a growing divide between state interventionists and true believer libertarians, yes

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Philthy posted:

one of the greatest threads on the forums was when joe debated that smug gently caress paul ryan and curb stomped their bid into oblivion, i wouldn't write him off - he does know how to call people out on their bullshit to their faces

again, 4-8 years ago he probably had less trouble recognizing their faces

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/LauraLitvan/status/1258115652012949505?s=19

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Dancer posted:

Important warning, before you see a number and get too excited: are you making sure to round down the 9/11 per day stat? You wouldn't want it to say 1.0 when it's actually 0.98...

hmm this is actually a really good point. I'd normally do that when comparing a metric to a threshold goal/penalty, and I failed to account for that 1.0 9/11s/day is absolutely a lmao threshold for cspam

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Clearly the Supreme court must go

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Philthy posted:

true but that was nearly a decade ago. i dont think hes nearly as sharp today

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

trump will have much more popular solutions than Biden who can’t even talk.

fascism is extremely popular and especially so over liberalism or whatever policy Joe talks about when he’s not denying rape allegations

we will see tho I’m probably wrong who knows

There isn't going to be an election. If there is, and Biden wins, Trump will declare fraud and refuse to leave office.

People keep hollering about how Trump can't just refuse to leave office when the only thing that guarantees a peaceful transition of power is tradition, and Trump is very specifically surrounding himself with people with no other qualifications than personal loyalty.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

NofrikinfuN posted:

putting aside the part where my country is falling apart before my eyes, its pretty loving funny

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

NofrikinfuN posted:

That's our President!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

what are the good theories on this
it is probably a foreign drone testing us capabilities

or an alien testing us capabilities

Adbot