Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Role lock, hero pools, and the youtube switch are unforced errors that would have OWL in a weak position. It'll go down as a good object lesson in not listening to a vocal online minority. It is depressing how unpracticed every team is, the game is difficult to watch because there's no predictability, and also youtube just sucks.

Covid on top of that is enough to knock out the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MatildaTheHun posted:

not listening to a vocal online minority.

It all started when they nerfed tracer's butt right before the first OWWC

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Ad by Khad posted:

Youtube not having the easy clip functionality that twitch does is kinda what led to my friends no longer ever watching, I can't show them cool plays anymore
There's a bunch of third-party sites that let you clip live YouTube streams and none of them work on the OWL stream. It rules

Twitch clips are so useful and it's utterly bizarre that YouTube doesn't have them. I'm guessing YouTube is opposed to their existence for some reason.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

streamable works for me on the individual vods, dunno if it'd work on the full broadcast vod though

Achilios has appendicitis, he's having it removed tomorrow

genovefa fedelmid
Sep 28, 2016

I'd like to see the "Cat bus" do THIS

Malloc Voidstar posted:

There's a bunch of third-party sites that let you clip live YouTube streams and none of them work on the OWL stream. It rules

Twitch clips are so useful and it's utterly bizarre that YouTube doesn't have them. I'm guessing YouTube is opposed to their existence for some reason.

If the move to Youtube fails miserably, I wonder if there's some kind of out clause for Blizzard. I feel like nobody's watching the MDI either.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Nah its fine all the vods have 500k views and are totally not being botted, its fine!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Dude gently caress yes, loved watching the Spark game just now. I've given up hope that we'll be competitive with Shanghai without some kind of roster move (Haksal, please? You're already in Korea, come play with us!) and NYXL is probably also out of reach, but we could be third in the conference and top-six overall, which would be a better finish than expected.

Still, Seoul dunked on us before, so that was weird. Is Profit a bad Echo, or is Seoul's tank line only able to play double-shields? Both?

BANG BANG

edit: Assuming Paris loses to Philly here, the standings are going to be crazy. Only five teams with a winning record:

Fusion
Dragons
NYXL
Shock
Spitfire (boy, this seems out of place, but they are 3-2)

Eight teams with .500 record:

Eternal
Reign
Mayhem
Fuel
Dynasty
Titans
Gladiators
Spark

And then seven teams with a losing record:

Charge
Defiant
Valiant
Outlaws
Hunters
Justice
Uprising

Four good teams and then CHAOS below. Carpe's not even playing here on Numbani!

surf rock fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 3, 2020

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Bren and sideshow really are the greatest casting team, if blizz manage to lose them too i think that'd be it for me

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Ashe, Brig, Rein and Reaper are the bans for next week

e: :haw: I'm drunk

Ignis fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 4, 2020

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
Fine with reinforce being banned tbh

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
F in the chat for Reinforce.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

surf rock posted:

Dude gently caress yes, loved watching the Spark game just now. I've given up hope that we'll be competitive with Shanghai without some kind of roster move (Haksal, please? You're already in Korea, come play with us!) and NYXL is probably also out of reach, but we could be third in the conference and top-six overall, which would be a better finish than expected.

Still, Seoul dunked on us before, so that was weird. Is Profit a bad Echo, or is Seoul's tank line only able to play double-shields? Both?

BANG BANG

edit: Assuming Paris loses to Philly here, the standings are going to be crazy. Only five teams with a winning record:

Fusion
Dragons
NYXL
Shock
Spitfire (boy, this seems out of place, but they are 3-2)

Eight teams with .500 record:

Eternal
Reign
Mayhem
Fuel
Dynasty
Titans
Gladiators
Spark

And then seven teams with a losing record:

Charge
Defiant
Valiant
Outlaws
Hunters
Justice
Uprising

Four good teams and then CHAOS below. Carpe's not even playing here on Numbani!

A large part of this is how unbalanced the scheduling has been, like I don't understand why Paris have played Philly three times but haven't played Boston once yet despite both being based on the east coast. I understand there's been a lot of limitations due to covid etc. but it's been weird even considering that.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Yeah the scheduling has been a mess. The Hunters, Charge, and Spark all look genuinely good for example (in that order, imo, despite Spark having the better record) - but they're stuck playing against each other and Shanghai. They can't all have winning records against each other and they definitely can't against Shanghai (beyond the one win the Hunters got off them). All three of those teams would probably have much better records if they were in the pool with say, Houston, Boston, Dallas, Toronto, etc.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

This is on right now:

https://twitter.com/UberShouts/status/1257350549655224323
https://twitter.com/DallasFuel/status/1255984509541113869

quote:

The three-week event will feature weekly skills challenges and team competitions streamed on YouTube, followed each Saturday by a rare, behind-the-scenes TV docuseries broadcast across 87% of Texas.

The docuseries chronicles the lives of professional esports athletes and coaches and reveals what life is like for some of the world's most elite gamers competing at the highest level.

Fran's Community Cup begins at 3PM CT today @ https://twitch.tv/fran
https://liquipedia.net/overwatch/Fran%27s_Overwatch_Community_Cup/2020

Ignis fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 4, 2020

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
<The docuseries chronicles the lives of professional esports athletes and coaches and reveals what life is like for some of the world's most elite gamers competing at the highest level.>

so they sent camera crews to teams outside of texas?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

<The docuseries chronicles the lives of professional esports athletes and coaches and reveals what life is like for some of the world's most elite gamers competing at the highest level.>

so they sent camera crews to teams outside of texas?

It might all be footage from the week before the homestand last year.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

It’s haloofthoughts though.

good news

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Ignis posted:

good news

https://twitter.com/haloofthoughts/status/1257395828697845766

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

He’s only doing that because he thinks OW is dead and OW-> VALORANT moves don’t count.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
I once convinced halo that dogman was the most popular western player in China based off his social media interactions. Dudes dumb as gently caress and constantly makes the same mistakes over and over.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

The ads on Frans stream were worth it imo

https://twitter.com/monkeybubbleo/status/1257411835520835586?s=21

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Yeah those ads were hilarious

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/andante_ow/status/1257419583293710336?s=21

Andante is out

vv at this rate all of T2 will be the Vancouver Titans, before they even officially announce Andante's departure

Ignis fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 4, 2020

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

So the winner of FRAN's tourney gets to be the Vancouver Titans?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm just catching up on the last round and I wish I could love anything the way Mitch Leslie loves three or more primal rages going off at once in owl matches

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Avast has covid

https://twitter.com/avast_o/status/1257849741905408000?s=21

e: Achilios ffs :cripes: https://twitter.com/achilioscasts/status/1257045557064892417?s=21

Ignis fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 6, 2020

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://titans.overwatchleague.com/en-us/news/a-letter-to-our-fans

Wow, they really did just spend two long paragraphs praising their state of the art facilities before mentioning their players, huh

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so do you think they picked up a full na contenders roster or did they pick and choose

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ignis posted:

https://titans.overwatchleague.com/en-us/news/a-letter-to-our-fans

Wow, they really did just spend two long paragraphs praising their state of the art facilities before mentioning their players, huh

quote:

The following players/staff have since agreed to mutually part ways with the team:

HyoJong “HakSal” Kim

Minsoo “Seominsoo” Seo

Seongjun “Slime” Kim

Chunghee “Stitch” Lee

Juseok “Twilight” Lee

JeHong “RyuJeHong” Yu

Yangwon “Yang1” Kweon (coach)

Jae Hong “Andante” Hwang (coach)

The team has also released Chan Hyeong "Fissure" Baek.

Interesting phrasing there.

edit: oh apparently there was some sort of clause in Fissure's contract about paying penalties for leaving of his own volition and so he had to be unilaterally released even if its a technicality

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 6, 2020

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

so do you think they picked up a full na contenders roster or did they pick and choose

https://twitter.com/ESPN_Esports/status/1258105664104214529

espn has a good track record with owl leaks

and now that coluge has made OWL I have no reason whatsoever to not hate Titans, woot :toot:

Ignis fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 6, 2020

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
where does fissure end up next on his owl world tour

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Somehow Florida

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

florida wouldnt be that weird except they already have two main tanks

poor fissure and ryujehong man, trying for a fresh start only for the team to implode around them through no fault of their own

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

hobbesmaster posted:

edit: oh apparently there was some sort of clause in Fissure's contract about paying penalties for leaving of his own volition and so he had to be unilaterally released even if its a technicality
IIRC Fissure demanded that clause as proof he wasn't going to abandon the team

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Blasmeister posted:

Somehow Florida

joining a cool and good team only to give it a horrible curse sure does sound like fissure

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

fissure would improve a lot of teams but if florida pick up anyone from titans, it should be slime

tho I wonder if any former titans player would choose a team based in na right now. maybe they'd play from korea at 200 ping like fielder?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Fissure to Hunters let's go

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Fissure to Houston

Sorry, Muma

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Sign them all to Washington

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Ignis posted:

Fissure to Houston

Sorry, Muma

Fissure to Houston so he stops Muma from throwing and also breaks up Houston might make them a better team next year.