Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
What the heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Vandar posted:

It had a counterpart that released at the same time, too, that was meant to be like the other side of the coin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Movement_(comics)

It ended up making it to twelve issues.

Oh God I remember reading the movement. It was probably one of the worst comics I've ever read

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Wikipedia posted:

The only prerequisite for joining the Green Team is possession of at least one million dollars, primarily in cash. The boys pay fortunes to anyone who can offer them a worthy adventure. In their first story, they fund the "Great American Pleasure Machine," a sort of roller coaster ride that brings so much pleasure, it drives the villain of the piece insane.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

...were they trying to create the most unsympathetic protagonists imaginable?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hah, so when they rebooted they left Commodore Murphy and J.P. Houston the same, flipped Cecil's gender to Cecilia, and just straight up swapped out the african-american Abdul Smith for middle-eastern prince Mohammad Qahtanii because gently caress it look a token character is a token character?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Angry Salami posted:

...were they trying to create the most unsympathetic protagonists imaginable?

None of the millionaires are Americans pretending to be Irish, so no?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Incredible Hulk v1 #215, and you know drat well Nick Fury would have all *sorts* of horrible poo poo to say - something about Affirmative Action would be about the most printable comment in '77.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ygolonac posted:

Incredible Hulk v1 #215, and you know drat well Nick Fury would have all *sorts* of horrible poo poo to say - something about Affirmative Action would be about the most printable comment in '77.

I'm sure 'last survivor of a once mighty race' is meant to sound impressive, like Bi-Beast is so tough he outlived all the other Bi-Beasts...

But I can't help but think that most Bi-Beasts might as well have died in a huge catastrophy or war or whatnot and this Bi-Beast was simply lucky to not have been there.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I initially read the wrinkling of Bi-Beast's speedo in the wrong way, and it was horrible.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Discendo Vox posted:

I initially read the wrinkling of Bi-Beast's speedo in the wrong way, and it was horrible.

That erection is hard to unsee!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Three heads are better than two.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Lobok posted:

Three heads are better than two.

Bi-Beast, so four.

Also in a permanent state of walk.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Ygolonac posted:

Predicting the Bi-net flag meltdown 43 years in advance

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

God drat it.

A Strange Aeon posted:

That erection is hard to unsee!

GOD drat IT

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm just glad I wasn't the only one to see that

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/antiqueipod/status/1257940650877579264?s=21

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Ygolonac posted:

Certainly not a beast where it counts

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

McCloud posted:

Certainly not a beast where it counts

You know what they say about dudes with giant didactyl feet

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Man, it would suck to be the head on the bottom. Not only is your vision obscured everytime top bunk talks but it'd be really icky to feel the food they eat sliding down through your brain.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Which skull brother is the one that gets embarrassed when being asked to write on the board in front of the class?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Push El Burrito posted:

Which skull brother is the one that gets embarrassed when being asked to write on the board in front of the class?

They can just hide it with a bi-nder.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Lobok posted:

Man, it would suck to be the head on the bottom. Not only is your vision obscured everytime top bunk talks but it'd be really icky to feel the food they eat sliding down through your brain.
top head's not even angry in that picture, bottom bunk is just embarrassed and pulling top's bottom lip into a frown. every time bottom head gets surprised top head bites his tongue

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

InsertPotPun posted:

top head's not even angry in that picture, bottom bunk is just embarrassed and pulling top's bottom lip into a frown. every time bottom head gets surprised top head bites his tongue

Every time overhead chews food underhead looks like he's doing Groucho Marx eyebrows.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I look forward to Al Ewing and Joe Bennett making Bi-Beast into something even more nightmarish.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

How many bi Marvel/DC characters even are there? Is bi-beast the best representation that we've got?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Red Bones posted:

How many bi Marvel/DC characters even are there? Is bi-beast the best representation that we've got?

Nico from Runaways, Prodigy, Loki, Noh-Varr, Mystique maybe?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
John Constantine is canonically bi.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Young Avengers. All of them (probably not Hawkeye).

Edit: is the recent Wild Storm reboot canon? Then all of the Authority except for Midnighter and Apollo.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 6, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Uthor posted:

Edit: is the recent Wild Storm reboot canon? Then all of the Authority except for Midnighter and Apollo.

I'm pretty sure Hulkling and Wiccan aren't bi.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I'm pretty sure Hulkling and Wiccan aren't bi.

Yeah, I probably should have though that through a little better.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Hercules? I think that's canonical?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

How Wonderful! posted:

Hercules? I think that's canonical?

Well he was Roman.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Daken definitely, maybe Gabby, possibly Logan. I think think Laura may have been the only one in that family who didn’t get that manifestation of the Howlett X-gene

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Edmund Lava posted:

Daken definitely, maybe Gabby, possibly Logan. I think think Laura may have been the only one in that family who didn’t get that manifestation of the Howlett X-gene

When's Gabby's sexuality ever come up one way or the other?

616 Logan is probably about halfway between straight and bi on the Kinsey scale. Like, he's definitely been in more than one Devil's Triangle, but I don't think bi would be an accurate description.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Skwirl posted:

When's Gabby's sexuality ever come up one way or the other?

X Men red # 2. Phone posting but she asked Jean not to read her mind since she’s still trying to figure out her feelings for a girl she saw on the bus.

Granted she’s a kid trying to figure things out, but Tom Taylor left the door open on that one.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
They teased it back before they were allowed to outright say that sort of thing.

The best alternate-universe Logan is married to Hercules. Don't know how much that says about 616, but I think it was a 'If his life had taken a different path' thing rather than straight up entirely different save for the name.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Uthor posted:

Is this a joke, or did you forget America Chavez telling her that she’s not as straight as she thinks she is?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Elfface posted:

The best alternate-universe Logan is married to Hercules. Don't know how much that says about 616, but I think it was a 'If his life had taken a different path' thing rather than straight up entirely different save for the name.

Thinking about this I really don't like the Logan/Herc pairing. I just think Logan wouldn't put up with Hercules's poo poo, they'd wind up fighting all the time, and it would wind up being a cold marriage where Logan was determined to save it while Hercules just didn't give a gently caress.

Kurt's the obvious husband material and would be way more in tune with Logan's feelings. There's plenty of other options, too, it's mainly that I'd expect Hercules to be a lovely husband in general unless his spouse could get their needs through to him. Logan's too closed off.

Herc and Logan could be drinking buddies. Husbands just feels wrong.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I can't believe I forgot that Wolverine cover, mea-culpa.

Oh, it's never been explicit to my knowledge, but Claremont was clearly writing Storm, Kitty and Rachel as bi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

Is this a joke, or did you forget America Chavez telling her that she’s not as straight as she thinks she is?

That was the joke I was trying to make. I don't know if it was ever confirmed that Kate is bi, I figured it was America loving with her.