Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

GoLambo posted:

how can anyone stand hacking in shadowrun

by playing the computer games instead of tabletop, or else having a GM who is willing to handwave a lot of things

which, honestly, shadowrun is so freaking crunchy if you let it be that you are a fool if you do not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Grammar-Bolshevik posted:

Lol this is completely untrue, if you take 250 mg you will probably have disassociating hallucinations.

If you take 50-100 pattersn float and everything appears more significant.

You've probably never done a heroic dose.

ive done 2.5k ug at once please do not step to me here. matt has probably done a lot of acid and wont disassociate without a particular dosage and setting. its a very manageable drug to experienced users

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

We need some way to settle once and for all who is the best in the thread at taking acid

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

scary ghost dog posted:

ive done 2.5k ug at once please do not step to me here. matt has probably done a lot of acid and wont disassociate without a particular dosage and setting. its a very manageable drug to experienced users

2500ug is 2.5mg

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Phone posted:

2500ug is 2.5mg

yeah. a normal tab is about 100ug.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

scary ghost dog posted:

yeah. a normal tab is about 100ug.

The overwhelming majority of human beings cannot tell the difference between five hits and 50 hits of acid, anything more than 2-3 would simply be “way too much”. Festival kids would brag like “bruh I’m on a 10 strip right now!” and I would always tut-tut in my head like “what’s the loving point?”.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

The overwhelming majority of human beings cannot tell the difference between five hits and 50 hits of acid, anything more than 2-3 would simply be “way too much”. Festival kids would brag like “bruh I’m on a 10 strip right now!” and I would always tut-tut in my head like “what’s the loving point?”.

theres just too many factors. even dosage is less important than source. but there are dosage thresholds and anything less than an uncertain amount will leave the user with a solid high, some visuals, and complete control of their faculties. recall that matt and will took acid before going to that politics festival and didnt have any trouble communicating with people

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah but I assumed that was because they were both adults who probably took a bunch of acid in college going to Disco Biscuits shows or whatever.

Like speaking from personal experience, I could probably take 4 hits and do my taxes at this point. Taking a couple tabs and going to a crowded convention hall is just... going to a concert on drugs, except the bands are political figures. After enough trips, you just get a feel for yourself and your limits and what your personal thresholds for overstimulation are and you don’t need to worry because you’re in control. Only those of exceptionally weak or fragile mind are really in danger of a psychedelic meltdown.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ultimately my point was that matt streaming on acid is probably barely different than matt streaming sober, and i guarantee there are a large number of streamers that use acid as a “performance-enhancing” drug

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Oh my god thotskys crying about chapo betraying their roots is infinitely more interesting than watching two goons argue about who understands taking drugs more shut the gently caress up

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Oh my god thotskys crying about chapo betraying their roots is infinitely more interesting than watching two goons argue about who understands taking drugs more shut the gently caress up

Both pale in comparison to these kinds of posts which are the creme de la creme of white noise garbage

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

GoLambo posted:

how can anyone stand hacking in shadowrun

Instead of having a dedicated decker, just give everyone in the group a little bit of hacking and have them work together. Vast improvement.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Bust Rodd posted:

Both pale in comparison to these kinds of posts which are the creme de la creme of white noise garbage

drat he got my rear end making the same kinda post hes complaining about.

Rodd busted me

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

Idk they killed an elephant with it once

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

pull up thread

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
dude that boater poo poo is funny as hell

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

We need some way to settle once and for all who is the best in the thread at taking acid

i drink a lot of orange juice

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
What about MaleSD and it’s a drug that gives you the epiphanic push you need to get through toxic masculinity and become realized as a person and as a man

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Instead of having a dedicated decker, just give everyone in the group a little bit of hacking and have them work together. Vast improvement.

Absolutely.

Rigger is the most fun class imo since your job is to customize vehicles, drones, and yourself with the wild array of add-ons, and to be the getaway driver.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
its me, im the boat slut

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Zhulik posted:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zhulik posted:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Also in the grillpill video Matt is extremely right about Chapo being a third choice between alt-right shitheads and annoying woke libs but in describing the joy the latter gets out of the internet he is describing the somethingawful forums lol.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I'm secondhand frustrated for Will trying to steer this guest on the UFO episode so far

edit: alright it got better, the first 15 minutes were just rocky

Pharmaskittle fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 6, 2020

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Previa_fun posted:

Also in the grillpill video

Can someone link this for me? I am not good at computer.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Ron Jeremy posted:

Can someone link this for me? I am not good at computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM-8Ny2WVK4

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://twitter.com/hayleyglyphs/status/1258058458370211840?s=20

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

kind of funny that its 2020 and matt is just now really coming to understand that The Internet Makes You Stupid

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rainbow Knight posted:

kind of funny that its 2020 and matt is just now really coming to understand that The Internet Makes You Stupid

“i didnt think the internet would make ME stupid!” -poster on message board with “the internet makes you stupid” on the masthead

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

“i didnt think the internet would make ME stupid!” -poster on message board with “the internet makes you stupid” on the masthead

The real conspiracy is how did lowtax know? Is he involved??

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pharmaskittle posted:

Rigger is the most fun class imo since your job is to customize vehicles, drones, and yourself with the wild array of add-ons, and to be the getaway driver.
The rigger has the same problem as the street samurai, which is that you're obliged to spend most of your cash on one crucial bit of cyberware, so you have way less to spend on customizing cool poo poo.

If anyone still cares about the orc thing, this is the best piece I've read on it. It's a long two-parter, but it avoids academic jargon and doesn't do bodies and spaces on orcs.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"boaters"

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

It sounds weird with the hard r

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
whats up my boatas?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Boaters more like floaters (of poo!!!!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

Shaman is a playable class for orcs.

orcs are kinda old school and stick to sniffing model airplane glue and gas out of a plastic bag for their shamanic rituals

SlimGoodbody posted:

It sounds weird with the hard r

person of flotation

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 6, 2020

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Big things soon
https://twitter.com/saywhatagain/status/1258137773296451584?s=19

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Last ep was good as hell, I was honestly so happy Felix appeared just in time to talk about the green beret guy

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
That bit about how the green berret who trained the failed coup was from Quebec got me good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1258154186430087169

:negative: