Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Scientist Al Gore posted:

Blaming anyone for drug addiction is super low blow and we all know which party has made aggressive aggressive enforcement and sentencing a top priority.

Biden literally wanted to chemically induce irreversible anhedonia into black children in order to prevent drug use. He literally tried to make that a thing. If "blaming anyone for drug addiction" is a "super low blow," then what do you call Biden's plan?

edit - also look up the RAVE act

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-ban-raves-jail-promoters-ecstasy-2001-hearing-2019-6

"If I were governor of my state or the mayor of my town, I would be passing new ordinances relating to stiff criminal penalties for anyone who holds a rave, the promoter, the guy who owns the building, I would put the son of a gun in jail.""

Sharkie fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Blaming anyone for drug addiction is super low blow and we all know which party has made aggressive aggressive enforcement and sentencing a top priority.

Yes, they're called the Democrats. Like the 90s are right there, people wrote down what happened, you can read it and see for yourself.

Also Hunter is a wealthy failson, not a poor factory worker turning to meth out of desperation, so please don't start clutching your pearls on his behalf.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Sharkie posted:

Is there any crime monstrous enough to prevent you from voting for that person for president if they have a D next to their name?

In this 2020 Presidential election? Well, the (D) would have to be worse than Donald Trump, and since none of the possible (D) candidates are even in the same galaxy of shitiness as Donald Trump it doesn't seem like something I'll have to worry about.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Biden isn't that monstrous of person

What line does Biden need to loving cross for you to change your mind on this

Because apparently raping a subordinate, openly groping children, and taking away literally all joy from black people, isn't enough

What line does he need to cross

Would you vote for loving Bloomberg? What if Trump ran as a Democrat against himself, would you vote for him?

How are u posted:

In this 2020 Presidential election? Well, the (D) would have to be worse than Donald Trump, and since none of the possible (D) candidates are even in the same galaxy of shitiness as Donald Trump it doesn't seem like something I'll have to worry about.

Bloomberg was an option. Would you have voted for Bloomberg?

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yep but don't worry, his son turned out to be a drug addict and he did a complete 180 and started advocating for drug addiction to be treated as a disease. Which is always the sign of a good person who should be in charge, they ignore what the marginalized tell them and then adopt their ideas when it personally benefits them.

If we, a bunch of rubes on the internet, can trivially come up with this whole suite of issues surrounding the perpetually-defeated Biden campaign (that has been attempting to start for the past, what, 40 years?), imagine what an array of well-funded right-wing media networks will do to poor ol' "Delaware was proudly on the Confederate side" Biden.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sharkie posted:

Biden literally wanted to chemically induce irreversible anhedonia into black children in order to prevent drug use. He literally tried to make that a thing. If "blaming anyone for drug addiction" is a "super low blow," then what do you call Biden's plan?

Mind posting a link on this? I've been trying to find it again (I have read it before thanks to a thread here) but can't, and I really wish I could because it's such an amazing example of how awful Biden is.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

How are u posted:

So it sounds like for you, personally, a strong (D) win would cause you to disengage from politics and plan for climate apocalypse?
:psyduck: I am very explicitly telling you that that has already happened (disengaging specifically from Democratic politics, anyway). And how loving dumb would anyone have to be to breathe a sigh of relief wrt climate change, because Joe Biden won an election?

A strong win for team (D) does not matter to me, because I am not on team (D), and not invested in or concerned with their success, at all.

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Blaming anyone for drug addiction is super low blow
So why are you voting for Biden ?

we all know which party has made aggressive aggressive enforcement and sentencing a top priority.

The democrats? :confused:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

What an incredibly disingenuous flip of what I said. No one can be too monsterous for you if you have no shame.

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

How are u posted:

It really is just about decorum, isn't it? The only reason why you're voting for Biden is because Biden and his buddies will rape, kill, maim, torture, exploit and not make such a spectacle of it.

That's really why liberals hate Trump- not for what he does, but because he points out what he's doing and they don't want to think about those things.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Yes, they're called the Democrats. Like the 90s are right there, people wrote down what happened, you can read it and see for yourself.

The Democratic Party today is not actively perusing arcane criminal justice policies. The overwhelming majority of marijuana or drug legalization is led by Democrats and maybe the occasionally republican/libertarian. Some Republicans even Tim Cotton has been persuading to be more lenient but by far and large the Republican Party continues to support draconian justice policies all the way back to the 1980s.

I am in no way saying this excuse past actions of Democrats or that they are perfect but there's a enormous difference with Republicans vs. Democrats on law enforcement matters.

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Also Hunter is a wealthy failson, not a poor factory worker turning to meth out of desperation, so please don't start clutching your pearls on his behalf.

Blaming anyone for drug addiction is wrong. Rich or poor.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Roland Jones posted:

Mind posting a link on this? I've been trying to find it again (I have read it before thanks to a thread here) but can't, and I really wish I could because it's such an amazing example of how awful Biden is.

"Biden urged the authorities to explore the idea of a vaccine that prevents drug addiction, a fantastical idea that a National Institute on Drug Abuse official warned would likely involve targeting neighborhoods of mostly black kids — and developing a product that would suppress not just the good feeling that resulted from drug use but any sense of enjoyment, so that “it would in effect make life not worth living.”

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2020/02/joe-biden-yesterdays-man-racism-crime-prison

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Epic High Five posted:

Bloomberg is giving tons of money to her challenger and yet for some mysterious reason the blacklist for any person or org that works against an incumbent isn't being invoked and the Dems are still welcoming with open arms that particular Republicans billions :thunk:
I think you'll find that everyone working on Michelle Caruso-Cabrera's campaign was hired as a contractor, and furthermore

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Somfin posted:

What line does he need to cross

Depends, is he worse than the other guys on the ballot?

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

So why has Biden continuously done this his entire adult life?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

COVID-19 posted:

So why has Biden continuously done this his entire adult life?

Being a typical centrist politician.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Joe Biden is the living embodiment of all these goddamn commercials where big corporations tell me they are here for me in these trying times.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Depends, is he worse than the other guys on the ballot?

Is rape not bad enough?

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Dumbass the whole point with the Hunter Biden remark is that Joe Biden didn't come around to anything resembling a humane approach to drug addiction until the issue affected him personally. That trait - an inability to identify with the problems and the needs of your constituents, or of anyone, unless you share in them - is a terrible one to have in a politician.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Epic High Five posted:

https://twitter.com/davecatanese/status/1258113085585358853

lmao

I'm not sure the Dems are prepared for some of the ways Trump is going to be attacking them

Trump is not smart but he is petty and willing to play dirty. Democrats have absolutely no idea how to counter a bully who doesn't mind looking bad to make someone else look worse or taking a hit as long as they hurt the target more then themselves.

If only the Democrats had some policy wins or even some ideals to run on. Oh well. Better hope Obama charm offensive 2 can do the job.

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

So it's ok for centrist politicians to criminalize and criticize people who use drugs? I'm trying to figure out why you think it's such a bad thing but then you reward people who do much worse.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Somfin posted:

Is rape not bad enough?

It's not about what is or what isn't bad enough. It's what I'm able to do to effectively make a difference in super crazy world as just an individual with barely any power. Voting for the democratic nominee I think just barely move us in a better direction or at least stops it from getting much, much worse.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

He's not even a centrist - he's a conservative Democrat. He's a right-winger. He's way to the right of LBJ on domestic issues (they're both warmongering pieces of poo poo) and to the right of every other Democratic President and Presidential candidate since then. Hell, since FDR. You can't make the case for incrementalism under Biden because he represents a shift for the party so far to the right that it will set us back to literally before WW2. gently caress off with this "typical centrism" bullshit - that would be an enormous improvement over what we have.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
loving decorum brains, goddamn. Gonna vote for the guy who wanted to literally tear down any building a rave was held in and jail the owner, but criticizing people for not being kind enough (?) when talking about Hunter Biden.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

COVID-19 posted:

So it's ok for centrist politicians to criminalize and criticize people who use drugs? I'm trying to figure out why you think it's such a bad thing but then you reward people who do much worse.

So Biden and the Democratic Party isn't allowed to change it's mind?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

He's not even a centrist - he's a conservative Democrat. He's a right-winger. He's way to the right of LBJ on domestic issues (they're both warmongering pieces of poo poo) and to the right of every other Democratic President and Presidential candidate since then. Hell, since FDR. You can't make the case for incrementalism under Biden because he represents a shift for the party so far to the right that it will set us back to literally before WW2. gently caress off with this "typical centrism" bullshit - that would be an enormous improvement over what we have.

Who in your view today is a represents a centrist candidate?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Why bother, SAG has firmly stated that they have no bottom. They will vote for the man who raped 1 because it's not 10. They will vote for the man who raped 10 because at least they are not the opponent who raped 20. They will never ask why this pain is necessary to run the world, they will only vote for the lesser evil as each side races to outdo each other's crimes.

Most importantly, they will vote for the man who promises to not hurt them while promising to hurt their neighbor, but it's for the neighbors own good they promise.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

How are u posted:

What policies has Trump implemented that are not a continuation of either Obama or George W and put him in his own galaxy?

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Sharkie posted:

loving decorum brains, goddamn. Gonna vote for the guy who wanted to literally tear down any building a rave was held in and jail the owner, but criticizing people for not being kind enough (?) when talking about Hunter Biden.

Well, you see, Hunter Biden wears a suit....

So Biden and the Democratic Party isn't allowed to change it's mind?

If you think that anyone has changed their minds in that literal lair of serpents then I feel even more sorry for the well-being of your mind come November.

Hint: if they actually had changed their minds then they would immediately move to legalize cannabis at the federal level.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

It's not about what is or what isn't bad enough. It's what I'm able to do to effectively make a difference in super crazy world as just an individual with barely any power. Voting for the democratic nominee I think just barely move us in a better direction or at least stops it from getting much, much worse.

So there is no actual line Biden can cross that would ever stop you from voting for him.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Shere posted:

The fact that they accomplished their evil bullshit (and it's transparently evil, there's no justification for it and I'll slap down any limp-dicked "for safety" poo poo no problem) and then had it overturned and didn't just eat the loving loss has me extra chuffed. They're all-in on voter suppression at this point.

I don't take pleasure in the ratfucking but there's a certain catharsis in having your "conspiracy theory" assertions verified on public record in the court of law.

While it's nice to be vindicated, it sucks that it will never be acknowledged. The centrists who keep swearing that the primary process was as pure as the driven snow will hoist the goalpost and it will immediately be "Well ACTUALLY, this is why that's a valid exception to the rule and doesn't count because it was a good thing and it doesn't matter anymore anyways because what's done is done and we have to vote blue no matter who because I just can't get enough of the taste of boot leather."

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Who in your view today is a represents a centrist candidate?
The Democrats are a center-right party, and the primary field this year reflects that. But Biden is way out on the right flank of the party, and has been so for his entire political career.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Somfin posted:

So there is no actual line Biden can cross that would ever stop you from voting for him.

Biden should turn this into some kind of performance art/social experiment

Just start doing increasingly depraved and criminal things on livestream while saying "but Ruth Bader Ginsburg" to see what cultural libs' boundaries are

E: "look I am not going to defend that napalm attack on upper Manhattan but the supreme court is on the ballot in November"

E2: turns out the frazzledrip tape is real, Biden is in it, and D&D is filled with 5,000 word posts defending it

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 6, 2020

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Biden defenders should be required to post "If Biden literally shot a person on Fifth Avenue, I would still vote for him."

I mean god, at least be honest.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sharkie posted:

Biden defenders should be required to post "If Biden literally shot a person on Fifth Avenue, I would still vote for him."

I mean god, at least be honest.

Hey, that's not fair. They won't vote for him then unless Trump kills 2 people on Fifth Avenue. Then they will be reasonable adults and reluctantly, regrettably, vote for the lesser murderer. It's awful but what else you can do?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

The Democrats are a center-right party, and the primary field this year reflects that. But Biden is way out on the right flank of the party, and has been so for his entire political career.

They're a fairly solidly right party with a center-right fringe that they've conditioned the voting base to see as the left. There is no actual centrist candidate for the United States, just mildly leftist ones and hard right ones.

E:

VitalSigns posted:

E: "look I am not going to defend that napalm attack on upper Manhattan but the supreme court is on the ballot in November"

I appreciate that you somehow found a PG-rated crime to discuss, because every other crime I could see Biden committing would be horrible to even consider him filming

Somfin fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 6, 2020

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hey, that's not fair. They won't vote for him then unless Trump kills 2 people on Fifth Avenue. Then they will be reasonable adults and reluctantly, regrettably, vote for the lesser murderer. It's awful but what else you can do?

The lib argument would go something like this, if I'm understanding them correctly:

"You have to take into account the ages and sexes of the people they murder. If Trump shoots a young guy on 5th Ave, and Biden shoots an old woman, it could be argued the old woman had already lived most of her life, so therefore it is your moral duty to vote for Biden."

COVID-19 fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 6, 2020

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Somfin posted:

I appreciate that you somehow found a PG-rated crime to discuss, because every other crime I could see Biden committing would be horrible to even consider him filming

I was afraid any more realistic joke would get me banned

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Somfin posted:

No, it depends on my options. For example, is the other guy a greater evil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

VitalSigns posted:

E2: turns out the frazzledrip tape is real, Biden is in it, and D&D is filled with 5,000 word posts defending it

lmao. There really, really would be.