Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Zotix posted:

Lol this girl that I used to work with that's from a European nation that works in the US on an H2B got her trump bux.

fuuuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Zil posted:

Does the misspelling of covid mean anything or is it just an idiotic typo

iv got no idea, she says she thinks its an infowars thing

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I know good positive hopes are banned and laughable in this thread, but maybe all this virus research will lead to cures for other viruses like the regular Flu, HIV or herpes, a possible silver lining :3:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

they got pigeons shittin' on squirrels in there you wouldn't believe it.

That's not pigeon poo poo that's free range ranch

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bastard Tetris posted:

Yup, I’ve never seen something go from lead to human dose so fast.

It's a threat to capital.

If they could, they'd just JDAM it.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

This is the most important vaccine possibly ever. If they gently caress this up then watch as vaccination rates plummet for everything else. They absolutely have to get it right first time. Anti vax bullshit will be bad enough as it is without giving them more ammunition by rushing something out insufficiently tested.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
a source from the fbi now confirms that the vaccine trials are under way, wake up sheeple!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bastard Tetris posted:

Yup, I’ve never seen something go from lead to human dose so fast.

there's no way in hell i'm taking a vaccine that gets rushed to market right away. i think i'll let a few months go by to see if other people have weird reactions to it

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I know good positive hopes are banned and laughable in this thread, but maybe all this virus research will lead to cures for other viruses like the regular Flu, HIV or herpes, a possible silver lining :3:
haha look at this sap :cawg:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

A bad vaccine will give anti vaxxers a real shot in the arm. Hurr hurr

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

We've never seen this many resources thrown at a vaccine before. Something will work, just not by August.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Spergin Morlock posted:

there's no way in hell i'm taking a vaccine that gets rushed to market right away. i think i'll let a few months go by to see if other people have weird reactions to it

A lot of the ones I see are antibody cocktails so most of the side effects are probably just going to be the same as most other biologics.

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

wilderthanmild posted:

Chiropractic is so outrageously dumb and it's absolutely insane that it somehow became so accepted in the US.

Yeah, it's amazing just how 'accepted' it is in all western countries, you'd think after the first few broken infant necks it'd get shut down, but freedom i guess.

also, re-posing this nice vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mikjjXURyL8
not really into the music, but it has lots of BARONS friends in it

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

a friend of mine's deceased grandmother, who was never a US citizen and lived and died in india, received trumpbux

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

i would expect actual flu infections are way way down because of anti coronavirus measures. hopefully that actually translates into a mild flu season next year

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Spergin Morlock posted:

The next covid-vaccinated generation will finally be able to use their newly evolved gills and flippers to inhabit the sunken cities of the future.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Zil posted:

Does the misspelling of covid mean anything or is it just an idiotic typo

Videos with the words Coronavirus, covid, pandemic, etc are getting autodemonitized on Youtube so “Plandemic Co-vi-8d 19“ is probably to bypass that and keep making money on views

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

humans getting gills would ... take a long rear end time

whales and dolphins and swimming birds don’t even have gills and they’ve been swimming for awhile

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

euphronius posted:

whales and dolphins and swimming birds don’t even have gills and they’ve been swimming for awhile

Look at this Luddite doubting the power of Trump vaccine science.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

overmind2000 posted:

Mealworms and grubs, mostly

can't wait to become a Grub Farmer like in Blade Runner

do shooting deaths related to the pandemic get counted as COVID-19 deaths

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

euphronius posted:

5G stands for 5 Gills

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Nothus posted:

We've never seen this many resources thrown at a vaccine before. Something will work, just not by August.

That is not how science works. We're literally talking about unknowns. You can't Starcraft research progress bar your way to an advancement every time.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

euphronius posted:

The Mariner has gills in Waterworld and that took about 500 years of humans living near water on rafts so this checks out.

Marx Headroom posted:

5G stands for 5 Gills

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

empty whippet box posted:

I really just cannot comprehend how someone could get this upset about mcdonalds dining room not being open

Same. It's just so strange

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

power word- Jeb! posted:

i would expect actual flu infections are way way down because of anti coronavirus measures. hopefully that actually translates into a mild flu season next year

Just going into the flu season here.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Marx Headroom posted:

5G stands for 5 Gills

:aaaaa:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

yeah, but how much money have whales spent trying to get gills? probably $0 because they don't have any concept of money.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Marx Headroom posted:

5G stands for 5 Gills

:hmmyes:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

can't wait to not be able to afford them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

literally terrorism lmao

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

empty whippet box posted:

I really just cannot comprehend how someone could get this upset about mcdonalds dining room not being open

The same way they got upset about runaway slaves

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

yeah, but how much money have whales spent trying to get gills? probably $0 because they don't have any concept of money.

but they have whalets ???

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 16 minutes!

Dumb Lowtax posted:

That is not how science works. We're literally talking about unknowns. You can't Starcraft research progress bar your way to an advancement every time.

We're getting a whole lot more rolls of the dice, though. It's the only reason we even have a shot at 12-18 month vaccine.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Injecting myself with CRISPR reagent, fish blood, and fetal stem cells

Gills should be here in a couple hours tops

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

euphronius posted:

literally terrorism lmao

I bet they were on foot and mad that they couldn't get served since no fast food place let's you walk through the drive thru.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how many peolme died today in the USA

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

euphronius posted:

literally terrorism lmao

soon flying into buildings over the quarter pounder scarcity war of 2021.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

25,459 new cases and 2,528 new deaths

it’s getting worse lmao

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Ive walked through drive thrus because it was like 11 at night and the dining room was closed :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

euphronius posted:

how many peolme died today in the USA

do you mean how many babies were aborted today?