Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I think the end result is that a bunch of other metroplexes end up reopening and then following NYC's model: surge until about 20% infected, then slowly suppress cases. I think Americans are too stupid to suppress cases with 0% herd immunity advantage, but 20% or so seems to be about the proper amount of training wheels since an R(t) < 1.25 is good enough rather than needing < 1.

This will probably peak in June and then be a slow burn down for at least a couple of months. Whether we learn our lesson or kick off another wave is probably region-dependent from there.

Rural places probably linger until they let their guard down then go up in flames when a spark makes its way in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

oh man mississippi, what a fuckin place

i never got a read on the chuds vs normies situation down there, i lived there once but just 3mo for school

there are lots of leftists down here, and a very large minority(mostly black) population too. The demographics exist for it to be a blue state. But it is so brutally gerrymandered and suppressed that it will be red forever, no matter what. When I canvassed for a state senate candidate in my town, almost every black person who answered the door told me they couldn't vote because they have a felony conviction. Not one single white person said the same thing. It was loving wild

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Wuhan Fish Flu

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

empty whippet box posted:

there are lots of leftists down here, and a very large minority(mostly black) population too. The demographics exist for it to be a blue state. But it is so brutally gerrymandered and suppressed that it will be red forever, no matter what. When I canvassed for a state senate candidate in my town, almost every black person who answered the door told me they couldn't vote because they have a felony conviction. Not one single white person said the same thing. It was loving wild

ive never been anywhere so segregated, it looms in a way it doesnt even in israel, which has literal looming apartheid surveillance balloons

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I think the end result is that a bunch of other metroplexes end up reopening and then following NYC's model: surge until about 20% infected, then slowly suppress cases. I think Americans are too stupid to suppress cases with 0% herd immunity advantage, but 20% or so seems to be about the proper amount of training wheels since an R(t) < 1.25 is good enough rather than needing < 1.

This will probably peak in June and then be a slow burn down for at least a couple of months. Whether we learn our lesson or kick off another wave is probably region-dependent from there.

Rural places probably linger until they let their guard down then go up in flames when a spark makes its way in.

I am not expected back in the office for the rest of the year, and if I were a religious man I'd thank God for that.

Apr 7, 2003

shovelbum posted:

oh man mississippi, what a fuckin place

i never got a read on the chuds vs normies situation down there, i lived there once but just 3mo for school

yospos used to have a dude from Oxford Mississippi who posted about how great it is

Amazon delivered a diving board for his pool in such a way that it kept his wife from pulling her Explorer directly into the garage, and he went on an apeshit tear about how irresponsible it was for them to make her step outside of her car and that was the end of his posts.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

them be strange times, partner.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

yospos used to have a dude from Oxford Mississippi who posted about how great it is

Amazon delivered a diving board for his pool in such a way that it kept his wife from pulling her Explorer directly into the garage, and he went on an apeshit tear about how irresponsible it was for them to make her step outside of her car and that was the end of his posts.

holy lmao, as in it was too dangerous for her to be in her own driveway in his racist fuckin mind?

Apr 7, 2003

shovelbum posted:

holy lmao, as in it was too dangerous for her to be in her own driveway in his racist fuckin mind?

yes.

They delivered the board by leaning it against the garage door. She had to get out of the explorer and drag the board away from the garage door before getting back in and pressing the open button and pulling in. So, uh, 45 seconds work.

He went completely apeshit about that in the yospos jobs forum and called amazon over and over to complain about it.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

yes.

They delivered the board by leaning it against the garage door. She had to get out of the explorer and drag the board away from the garage door before getting back in and pressing the open button and pulling in. So, uh, 45 seconds work.

He went completely apeshit about that in the yospos jobs forum and called amazon over and over to complain about it.

oxford is a nice college town iirc, i knew a lot of ppl who went to school there

this is the most yospos thing i've ever heard

Apr 7, 2003

shovelbum posted:

oxford is a nice college town iirc, i knew a lot of ppl who went to school there

this is the most yospos thing i've ever heard

It's more yospos than yospos, he got made fun of for making such a big stink about it and never posted again iirc.

he was in Oxford because he worked for Quicken I think

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

you fuckin goons

something to consider.

balkinIzation is a possibility.

sacrificing the weak, poor and old is a possibility.

consider multiple possible future scenarios and that each might have a chance of happening.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

It's more yospos than yospos, he got made fun of for making such a big stink about it and never posted again iirc.

he was in Oxford because he worked for Quicken I think

that's a pretty funny detail imo

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Bar Ran Dun posted:

you fuckin goons

something to consider.

consider multiple possible future scenarios and that each might have a chance of happening.

as a professional Odds Man I can tell you we either balkanize or we don't so it's 50/50

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lol trump is a number truther after all

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Stefan Prodan posted:

as a professional Odds Man I can tell you we either balkanize or we don't so it's 50/50

oh word i was wondering what the over/under was

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Bar Ran Dun posted:

you fuckin goons

something to consider.

I'm going with AppleBees after Sunday church.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Bar Ran Dun posted:

you fuckin goons

something to consider.

doin fluid dynamics simulations in my head when some maskless goon walks by me, doin monte carlo simulations in my head before i post. covid using up all my brainpower.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

fosborb posted:

oh word i was wondering what the over/under was

yea the over/under is 50

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

doin fluid dynamics simulations in my head when some maskless goon walks by me, doin monte carlo simulations in my head before i post. covid using up all my brainpower.

forgot to breathe due to simulating in brain, died of hypoxia

covid negative

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stefan Prodan posted:

yea the over/under is 50

the OTHER sex number

foine!

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

shovelbum posted:

forgot to breathe due to simulating in brain, died of hypoxia

covid negative

died trying to hold my breath up the entire elevator ride

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

I don’t blame them. this country has gone mad with ideology, but even a seemingly unstoppable meme machine will hit an immovable force eventually

America is so far off the deep end that The Great Mattering will have a death toll of several megadeaths

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bar Ran Dun posted:

you fuckin goons

something to consider.

sir this is a wendy's and we're out of meat

Apr 7, 2003

Just realized that my wife hasn't seen anyone who isn't me since March 19th

no wonder she's depressed

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

neutral milf hotel posted:

lol trump is a number truther after all

Has fox jumped on this yet?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

low key hoping trump took a liking to those goggles and keeps wearing them. no prescription either, still as blind as ever.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

honestly it's remarkable how fast humans normalize stuff

4 months ago if I'd have told you "we will have daily 9/11s and chuds wouldn't care one single bit because their hair is 0.75 inches too long" you would've called me insane

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
this economic downturn is definitely going to accelerate US fascism regardless if trump wins or not

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

SKULL.GIF posted:

4 months ago if I'd have told you "we will have daily 9/11s and chuds wouldn't care one single bit because their hair is 0.75 inches too long" you would've called me insane

hell, even 2 months ago

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

SKULL.GIF posted:

I told a guy in the first thread that this would eclipse 9/11 in the american consciousness and he called me insane lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

power word- Jeb! posted:

hell, even 2 months ago

pretty much, this didn't truly dawn on your average american until about the second or third week of march

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

bet the discretion of your simulation volume is just a rubics cube. my powerful mind is going down to the plank length each time I execute a extremely coordinated move to avoid roni bearers

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Salt Fish posted:

I told a guy in the first thread that this would eclipse 9/11 in the american consciousness and he called me insane lol

lol that guy might still be right

open it back up!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

we OPENED IT UP and i went to walmart and some lady I had to walk around had vomited while waiting in line. I was then glad I wore my half face respirator and switched glove pairs like 3x during the trip and then mopped the floors in the house just in case any had gotten on my shoes

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

May 6th Cum. Deaths Update

Currently on pace for 120,397 at the end of May, which would eclipse American loses in World War 1.

BrokenGameboy
Jan 25, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Stefan Prodan posted:

How about we all just make bingo cards?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

9/11 could have been easily normalized, just lost a few office buildings and some firefighters, nothing to worry about

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

everyone in florida is going to die if the CFR isn't under 1%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I don't mean "everyone". I just mean like, all the old people and it's going to be loving insane