Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Bar Ran Dun posted:

you fuckin goons

something to consider.

balkinIzation is a possibility.

sacrificing the weak, poor and old is a possibility.

consider multiple possible future scenarios and that each might have a chance of happening.

what about the possible future scenario where trump wishes away the virus? i like that one the most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

gay picnic defence posted:

When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I heard the voice of the fifth living creature saying, "Come, fastly." I looked, and behold, an orange horse; and he who sat on it had the name Donald; and Dunning and Kruger were following with him. Authority was given to them over the chuds, to incite with Twitter and with Fox News and with pestilence and by the wild liberals of the earth.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

The only reason to open fire in a McDonalds is if you are apprehending the Hamburglar.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Or are the Hamburglar

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Hopper posted:

From an outside of the US perspective I am not surprised. Aside from Hollywood where every bigshot actor always has a "hairdresser/make-up artist to Mr. X" billed in movie credits, all you have to do is look at Californians. They appear to be the vainest, most artificially beautiful people in the US, anything related to catering to the outward appearance of people must be goldmine jobs over there. Granted the climate and lay of the land supports a fit lifestyle, but still.

This only really applies to the coastal cities and the metro areas full of transplants. Lord knows the entertainment gammon needs its yearly sacrifice of Midwestern homecoming queens to keep going.

The more rural, Inland areas of CA are not that different from a red state. Fat, angry conservatives whining about Sanctuary Cities and taxes. Outside of the major cities, you'd think CA is Alabama.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Marzzle posted:

like even NPR type stuff is having a hard time reconciling with what's obviously literal class warfare happening and there's casualties and factions and everything. of course they still have time to hijack a whole time slot with landlords being huge babies about muh muh muh lost revenues

On Morning Joe they were talking about a NYT article that goes into Trump’s tax returns from the 80s and basically he’s always been making bad business decisions and cheating taxes so he doesn’t have to pay and Joe was like”We got em! Once his supporters find out he’s a fake rich guy that cheats the system they’ll turn on him!” Anyway, my point is the media is in like a completely different dimension.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/canberratimes/status/1258190520746078209

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZj9bi7YNmI

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

spaceblancmange posted:

Or are the Hamburglar

Or the Hamurderer

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Is there a hydroponic lettuce thread

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Trixie Hardcore posted:

On Morning Joe they were talking about a NYT article that goes into Trump’s tax returns from the 80s and basically he’s always been making bad business decisions and cheating taxes so he doesn’t have to pay and Joe was like”We got em! Once his supporters find out he’s a fake rich guy that cheats the system they’ll turn on him!” Anyway, my point is the media is in like a completely different dimension.

it's getting more hypernormal by the week

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

If you do antibody studies in a place with a low overall infection percentage your tests have to have really good specificity or else you can't find any signal in the noise of false positives. Those bad studies were both done in places with low infection rates with tests that had poor specificity so they were garbage.

The best US antibody study came out of NYC and indicated that about 20% of the population had been affected. At the time of the study, about 0.2% of the population of NYC had died of covid, so the infection fatality rate is somewhere around 1%.

We're pretty sure that for most populations the true infection fatality rate is around 0.5 - 1%. This of course goes up as the population is older, has more blood pressure problems, heart problems, etc....

There was a recent antibody test developed that has extremely good false positive and false negative rates, so we should see better antibody surveys in the near future.

that's cool and I am looking forward to being able to trust numbers regarding antibodies again

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Unormal posted:

Is there a hydroponic lettuce thread

DIY has a hydroponics thread

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Marzzle posted:

that's cool and I am looking forward to being able to trust numbers regarding antibodies again

Going in for my antibody test on Friday. Hoping they can give me info on what kind of test they're using.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Wondering how the right wing talking heads in Australia are coping?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/blogTO/status/1258029166433361926

nature is healing

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I thought skateboarding was not a crime?

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

incoherent posted:

lemme know who wants to start the GOON PROJECT

another goon project successfully complete

https://realgoodcovidtracker.com

Going to add more stuff tomorrow. PM or email covid@sacharun.com with any suggestions/help offers

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Jon Do posted:

r e d w a l l

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYKQ_CZI5UY&t=777s

V A P O R K N A V E

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Wait trump makes bad decisions?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/BirdRespecter/status/1258096381375348736

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lmfao

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

More right wing grifter updates from down under

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Inceltown posted:

More right wing grifter updates from down under

To be fair it's probably really hard to fantasize about being hosed by a dead cartoonist with all that noise

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/haveigotnews/status/1258304756239478784

gay picnic defence posted:

To be fair it's probably really hard to fantasize about being hosed by a dead cartoonist with all that noise

lmao, I forgot about her Leak fanfic.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Update from the Philippines:

lol guess I'll die

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1257743227219857408/pu/vid/540x960/YKcI3rOq9Y1v-hMA.mp4

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

spaceblancmange posted:

Or are the Hamburglar

Fake News! everybody knows the hamburglar doesn't use force. He is the Thomas Crowne of Fastfood crime

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

tsnap

https://i.imgur.com/vIQsowW.mp4

oops wrong thread :sad:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
do not look the Hamburglar right in the eyes. Dude's seen some poo poo

Robble robble

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Solarin posted:

just gonna take a wild guess that this was an act of white supremacist violence

See a white. Be filled with fright.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

What is the step beyond crack ping?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Inceltown posted:

:Tiktok White Woman making a sugar blasted witches brew video:

gently caress.

Drinkfist has issued a correction as of 11:02 on May 7, 2020

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Spime Wrangler posted:

starting to see people I know who've been friends for years getting into public shouting matches on facebook because one of them has dumb chud opinions, and it's happening in a number of different social circles that kept it on lock through obama and 3 years of trump

I'm friends with two nurses on FB who have been steadily telling everyone what needs to be done to keep poo poo down. Yesterday one of them posted covid death numbers vs everything else and her brother and some relatives went off on her, parroting all the chud talking points. poo poo's not good!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Drinkfist posted:

gently caress.

I liked your original post and will be stealing that expression for later.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/KillerMike/status/1258206059375648769

On the one hand this is awesome but on the other hand that social distancing :staredog:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Inceltown posted:

I liked your original post and will be stealing that expression for later.

I changed my mind about calling her daughter a dialtone when I came to the conclusion she was a victim and not the perp. The mother has the look about her where I think she hasn't been told "No" in a very long time and her intellect has declined from obtaining such wisdom that is "What not to do".

Where as I am ugly as sin so I learned early on and gained such wit and charm that I can discern putting a pile of sugar in microwave water is "What not to do" far quicker than most. I assure you this skill is my only superpower.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Amazingly misleading headline unrelated to the content of the article, which describes grim predictions for the Swedish economy, including a higher than EU-average 7% drop in GDP predicted, and 11% unemployment.