Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

I thought this was explained yesterday that you just need to then go through a medical review. It isn't that you can never be in the military after covid-19

quote:

Recruits can apply for waivers for all permanently disqualifying conditions, including surviving COVID-19.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The fact of the matter is the country is hypernormalized. All the magical thinking and numbness is apart of it.

Like I said, the bottom will fall out before people riot. I don't think there will be riots. Just slow, agonizing decline until it falls apart. And then when it happens, nobody will really be surprised or shocked.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1258404585884069895

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

if this causes permanent damage and/or leads to recurrent flare-ups, then all those idiot countries doing herd immunity for number will be reaping some horrible fuckin whirlwinds for the next few decades

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

74k deaths
1.2 million cases
Record unemployment

Trump campaign

https://mobile.twitter.com/parscale/status/1258388669544759296

throw me in an oven and incinerate my flesh brad payscale

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I thought this was explained yesterday that you just need to then go through a medical review. It isn't that you can never be in the military after covid-19

next sentence posted:

However, without any further guidance for exceptions dealing with COVID-19, a review authority would have no justification to grant a waiver.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Squizzle posted:

if this causes permanent damage and/or leads to recurrent flare-ups, then all those idiot countries doing herd immunity for number will be reaping some horrible fuckin whirlwinds for the next few decades

I think the strategy then will be the wave a bloody shirt and blame China, maybe even get a state sanction kristallnacht or two

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

euphronius posted:

poor students have mostly just been erased and there is no way currently to really deal with it

from what I’ve seen

loaner laptops and the little mifi cell access points. school district where I am is giving them out.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

you really think if recruitment grinds to a halt they arent going to start giving exemptions? Our entire country is built on the military industrial complex and exporting misery overseas.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Gripweed posted:

drat, Adele got hot

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

74k deaths
1.2 million cases
Record unemployment

Trump campaign

countdown to Trevor Noah posting a gif of Biden in an X-Wing

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1258404381722017793
lmao, protections for plague businesses

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

74k deaths
1.2 million cases
Record unemployment

Trump campaign

i wonder if anyone else has noticed that these people identity with the bad guys in any given piece of media

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I wonder why this guy isn't recognizing that people who facilitate the spread of a deadly virus are criminals

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Wonder if that includes these two

https://twitter.com/OmarVillafranca/status/1258358689100111873

Or if it's just that Dallas white lady that gets released

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/status/1258230370656542720

quote:

A man who was stopped at a Miami Beach Publix for not wearing a mask was caught on body camera footage going on a profanity-laced rant. On Sunday night, just before the Publix closed, an unidentified man was denied entrance to the store. And it set him off.

“You are in violation of my loving constitutional rights and my civil rights,” the man is seen screaming in the footage. The explicit rant was caught on the bodycamera of a code enforcement officer who was doing routine checks.

“Excuse me, you need to wear a mask, do you understand that?” the officer is heard asking. “gently caress you motherfucker, there’s no pandemic, I’m filing a motherfucker lawsuit. I have a right to buy groceries without being forced to participate in your loving terrorism,” he says.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Bar Ran Dun posted:

add it to the list.

a good analysis looks at many possible end states, not just the one, that one thinks will happen.

it’s a big trap for smart people. smart people tend to look at a situation and reach a reasonable conclusion about what they think will happen. they then proceed and plan for that one scenario that they think will happen.

a better way to think about it is multiple potential scenarios, and that one doesn’t know which will end up occurring, though some are certainly more or less likely.

a person who thinks they can accurately predict the future is a rube, not a smart person

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

oh my god

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1258407773685104640

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Why did you have to put that evil on us?

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

lmaooooooooooo

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1258409596424802306

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

MorrisBae posted:

America paints "Daddy's gently caress Hole" on its forehead and a target around its mouth as it gestures seductively to Russia and China

finally the jobs are coming back

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

:crnasickos:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

MAGAs behave!
That's what they say when we're together
Watch the Beltway!
They don't understand
And so we're

Gasping just as hard as we can
Holding onto one another's hand
Trying to get a vent just for the night
And you watch while my lungs just drown me
And I tumble into the mass grave and you say

I think we're corona

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

so the end result of those polls showing that like half of all republicans think walking around in public is perfectly safe compared to like 3% of liberals is that none of the dem voters (60+% of whom were "not very" motivated to vote for biden iirc) are actually going to turn out while all the chuds who came out in droves to vote for trump even in unopposed primaries are going to risk death to pull that lever, right

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

so the end result of those polls showing that like half of all republicans think walking around in public is perfectly safe compared to like 3% of liberals is that none of the dem voters (60+% of whom were "not very" motivated to vote for biden iirc) are actually going to turn out while all the chuds who came out in droves to vote for trump even in unopposed primaries are going to risk death to pull that lever, right

Trump was gonna win anyway at least this way a bunch of chuds will die

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
sorry everyone but trump's not gonna get coronavirus. that would be a good thing and good things aren't allowed to happen

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

:pray:

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Polo-Rican posted:

sorry everyone but trump's not gonna get coronavirus. that would be a good thing and good things aren't allowed to happen

Borris is as close as we will get, RIP your favorite celebs and loved ones tho

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

power word- Jeb! posted:

a person who thinks they can accurately predict the future is a rube, not a smart person

smart people often get used to being correct and trusting their own opinions over the opinions of others. often they don’t have other smart people around to knock em down either.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

J Crew barely beat them to it

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Rynn posted:

A good partner knows when to give some space to do things on your own. Relaxing or doing an activity by yourself actually strengthens relationships (assuming you're not doing it way too often or to get away from your SO. )

Same, I always try to get my wife to go camping and she always bails and then me and the kids have a great time without her and she has a great time without us and we all have a great time swapping stories when we get back.

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
this is a great time to set up bird feeders and hummingbird feeders. got a jar of expired peanuts, shelled or unshelled? got a bag of white sugar? make some bird food and feed the got drat birds! it's great. even if you only get trash birds in your area, you can feel a sense of communion with them because we're just trash animals ourselves

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Polo-Rican posted:

hmm weird feels like I've read this every day for months

Well I don't need your civil war

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I seriously hope the fat bastard catches it.

I'm still loving pissed he didn't catch it back when it first broke out and there was an outbreak cluster from one of his events at Mar-a-lago.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
Can't wait for municipalities to figure out they can generate revenue from poor people with a "Fit it, or Ticket" policy for masks not being worn, or not being worn properly.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hmm if this gets bad enough wrt causing lasting damage and folks end up being medically incapable of doing armyman poo poo, and if the trumpiest states are the ones that are most encouraging its spread, then this could create a significant recruitment issue in the medium term and make the odds of a draft rise a lot

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

1000% the military memo to preclude any apps w/ any history of covid is to keep minorities and poors out of the military, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

shirts and skins posted:

Not Fairfax County VA, is it? I know they tried blackboard until it turned out kids could make anonymous accounts so some started flooding chats with racial slurs.

Their IT director of 20 years was fired basically immediately.

Evanston Skokie Illinois. Its the closest place to downtown Chicago where you can buy a single family house with private lakeshore, so the school district has a gradient going from people whose families are rich enough they own the Only Deep Water Dock in Cook County for a Yacht down to where are the servants lived in the redlining days (after they had to move out of the servants quarters at the mansions) . Lots of northwestern professor kids too who don't have the wealth but do have the family support.

I bet it's going better for older kids but the preschool setup is a disaster with this stupid app. We only get to do a 15 minute zoom call once a week instead of daily for no apparent reason.

In far more important news the pandemic inspired my wife and I to finish pandemic legacy, played 4 sessions the last 4 days. Took about 45 months start to finish (began in summer of 16), but having a horrible virus definitely helped us want to see that board game through.