Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Carlosologist posted:

maybe my eyes suck but I can't tell a difference between the Series X graphics and One X graphics so far
You're watching a Twitch stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

maybe my eyes suck but I can't tell a difference between the Series X graphics and One X graphics so far

Same. :respek:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

yeah there's no wow factor for sure. shouldve just showed minecraft with full ray tracing

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

American McGay posted:

You're watching a Twitch stream.

You couldn’t be more wrong.

I’m watching on Mixer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

Pretty much what I was expecting. I think the big thing at the start will be native 4K for most titles. Otherwise we won't really see a difference until a few years into these new consoles.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Having things being 4k AND 60FPS would make things look really good.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the biggest difference maker in the last gen was hdr and its tough to preview that

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
"Why normal people don't buy more games" I say as I show my 50.000k one minute ad with a lady bringing the antichrist into the world.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Having things being 4k AND 60FPS would make things look really good.

Some of these games have framerates dropping into the teens right now. Maybe next-next gen.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

lol Yakuza 7

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

oh poo poo Yakuza 7

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

univbee posted:

Some of these games have framerates dropping into the teens right now. Maybe next-next gen.

Microsoft bought all the japanese developers? :eyepop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

oh poo poo Yakuza 7

Nice! I am really excited for this game.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

No Elden Ring what a loving waste of time.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
Watching this has me questioning if I even like video games anymore. Thank you xbone

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

it's kinda crazy that the Yakuza series has grown so much that it's a major launch title for the next gen

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Man and people were hyping this up like Xbox was about to destroy Sony.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Well that was a complete waste of time. Yakuza 7 reveal was cool though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Happy Easter Xbox

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fat_Cow posted:

:confused:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fat_Cow posted:

For real. Microsoft made it seem like they were going to also talk about the Series X console as well. I was expecting pricing, release date, etc. But Microsoft is not ready to talk about that yet and I guess that is understandable with everything going on.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I don't think Microsoft knows what the word gameplay means.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Scorn looks so gross, and is on game pass? It's coming out for Bone also right, so I can fire it up until my stomach gives out?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Maybe I just wasn't paying close attention but the only thing I ever heard about this was "first footage of XSX games from some of our 3rd parties because our XGS stuff isn't ready yet".

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Fat_Cow posted:

Oh hey, Coca Cola managed to suicide gank Crystal Pepsi with their Clear Tab

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

univbee posted:

It WAS my dick in that one shot. I sent Microsoft my dick pic in confidence :argh:

that’s a lot of folds, univbee

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Is Scorn actually a game? I remember hearing about that literally years ago.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Medium has Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill) composing the music.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Seedge posted:

Is Scorn actually a game? I remember hearing about that literally years ago.

Oh wow it was apparently announced in December 2014 and has been in production since early 2015

I don't remember ever hearing about it but the fake Giger dick aesthetic seemed cool

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

that’s a lot of folds, univbee

It's still cold out here.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Madden 2021 confirmed.

At least it's that thing where if you buy it for the Bone you get it for the Sexbox.

quote:

Microsoft bought all the japanese developers? :eyepop:

this was all third part. First party announcements are in July.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That was absolutely mortifying

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

wow finally, after 20 years we have confirmation of the 21st madden game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ethanol posted:

wow finally, after 20 years we have confirmation of the 21st madden game
Better yet, it's coming to Xbox Series X!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Veib posted:

Oh wow it was apparently announced in December 2014 and has been in production since early 2015

I don't remember ever hearing about it but the fake Giger dick aesthetic seemed cool

I’m kinda bummed that it’s a shooter. DOOM 2016 exists. RE exists. The aesthetic is cool but IDK that any of the previews show it bringing much more to the table than either of the aforementioned franchises gameplay-wise or even aesthetic-wise. DOOM & RE already draw so much influence from Giger/Bekinski.

Like the band TOOL, of which Scorn reminds me a lot, my initial very favorable impressions have been slightly tempered upon more scrutiny

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Someone at Microsoft thought "yep announce Madden 21 in our super limited 30 minute showing, that is something no one will expect. No game footage? No problem!" lol EA Games ruins absolutely everything.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

American McGay posted:

Better yet, it's coming to Xbox Series X!

Except with the newer controllers with the third "share" button.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That madden footage looked terrible, like I know it was a stream but the animations looked awful.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

This is going to cut a lot of wind out of the sails of what's already poised to be an expensive-as-gently caress console, but maybe that's the idea, since COVID may well make this harder to come by due to limited production.

I'll ask an obvious question: current gen Madden is already 4K60. In what way, precisely, will it be better on the Series X?

At least in the PS3/360 to PS4/XB1 transition the games actually had somewhere to go resolution-wise (720p to 1080p).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Jesus gently caress. Every game they showed besides Yakuza 7 looked so boring.