Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

The Saucer Hovers posted:

our income was saved by a foreign provincial government

my partner is employed by a british canadian organization thats been directed to fire no one and retrain employees whos positions are no longer workable

could you imagine that

this would be pretty great

maybe the world will be better after america wheezes its final breath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

owls may be dumb as gently caress but the can hear better than anything in the world you better bet they can hear this shade were throwing

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Ohio: How we lookin?

Also Ohio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWVFEVWJMz8

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

protests in downtown Indy to protest a spate of police shootings, they've chosen to deploy teargas in the middle of a respiratory virus outbreak, COPS!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

BardoTheConsumer posted:

This is all intentional. Republicans assume the virus will gut the urban poor and spare the rural, thus delivering them permanent hegemony.

They're probably right.

both the GOP and the Democrats assume their base is well off exurbs

which have been spared only because everyone there is a business owner or works from home! they haven't had to go in to work, but if it opens up they are screwed.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Squizzle posted:

:rolleye: fuckin lib alarmist trash. did she merely die w being-eaten-by-an-alligator, or actually from it??

she drowned in WATER, which happens to THOUSANDS of americans every year

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

euphronius posted:

he plead guilty ???

Lmao

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
man i just read this story in azerbaijan where a war criminal pled guilty to crimes but the president of azerbaijan said gently caress you drop the charges anyway and so they did

oh wait that's here

lolololololololol, how does it feel to have the veil lifted just so completely over the last 4 years? You were NEVER better than East Germany, you were NEVER better than Albania. You just had better movies and TV and now you're starting to feel the gasping, choking of the constant existence under a ruling class that has no morals and answers to no laws.

It's a huge fucken lol.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

BardoTheConsumer posted:

This is all intentional. Republicans assume the virus will gut the urban poor and spare the rural, thus delivering them permanent hegemony.

They're probably right.

yeah this is wrong just from current data

lots of coronavirus outbreaks right now in non-urban areas. Northern Georgia is getting loving hammered (outside of Atlanta)

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

it was true initially that the outbreaks were centered in urban areas with high population density

that is not so much the case anymore

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

she didn't die OF alligator she died WITH alligator

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/DArtagnanFoods/with_replies

they must have a “bot” (automatic computer) set up to look for grocery/-ies and mask/-ed, for opportunistic advertising

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium is an American football stadium in Fayetteville, Arkansas[7] and serves as the home field of the University of Arkansas Razorbacks football team since its opening in 1938. Capacity 76,212 (2018–Present)

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/NewsChannelNE/status/1258419848213905413?s=20
can't shut down food processing plants if we don't know if people working there are sick!

And if they are....soon free extra meat!

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

As someone from Florida, I've yet to hear of anyone getting killed by an alligator who didn't go out of their way to provoke it in some way.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zberan Madowinty posted:

man i just read this story in azerbaijan where a war criminal pled guilty to crimes but the president of azerbaijan said gently caress you drop the charges anyway and so they did

oh wait that's here

lolololololololol, how does it feel to have the veil lifted just so completely over the last 4 years? You were NEVER better than East Germany, you were NEVER better than Albania. You just had better movies and TV and now you're starting to feel the gasping, choking of the constant existence under a ruling class that has no morals and answers to no laws.

It's a huge fucken lol.

didn’t Ollie North happen 40 years ago or some poo poo

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

the pardon power has always been abused and DOJ has always been a political arm of the president

like all things Trump, it's just more out in the open

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

shovelbum posted:

if no help is coming from the federal govt, you cant just stay inside for the rest of your life, so why not go have fun

like lmao if you think theres some big trump response where he sees the light right around the corner

If you read what I wrote and thought "hey this guy is giving somebody hope." You're bad at reading.

If anything, I'm transitioning people into being okay with the death of people who are ruining their lives.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

My city's decided to game the "14-day decline" standard for opening restaurants and stores at 50% capacity by saying

The Tennessean posted:

Dr. Alex Jahangir, chairman of the Nashville coronavirus task force, said this average had been dragged upwards by recent outbreaks at a Tyson Foods chicken plant in Goodlettsville and an emergency homeless shelter at the Nashville fairgrounds. Jahangir also said the city had recently increased testing “extraordinarily,” and that the rise of testing was at least partially responsible for increased cases.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2020/05/07/nashville-reopening-restaurants-stores-open-monday/3087487001/

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

*a death miasma descends over the earth like the rebuke of a god insulted* what a great growth opportunity for my artisan food box service

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

the pardon power has always been abused and DOJ has always been a political arm of the president

like all things Trump, it's just more out in the open

wow I guess the slave-raping aristocrats in 1790's didn't actually come up with the perfect form of government

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

quote:

After completing the service, Covert took pictures of the alligator from a porch, the witness told authorities.

"Barbara stated that she was cleaning up the porch when she noticed Covert down by the water," Herriott said. "Barbara yelled to Covert that the alligator grabbed a deer the other day from that spot, and Covert replied 'I don't look like a deer' then moved to touch the alligator."

Shortly after, Covert was pulled into the water by the animal, the report states.

When deputies and firefighters arrived the pond was calm, but after 10 or 15 minutes the woman's body emerged, with the alligator still clamped onto her leg, Herriott said. When the animal emerged again, a lieutenant shot it and it let go of the victim, he said.

"The cause of death was drowning and ruled accidental," the detective wrote.

lol :hmmyes:

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Squizzle posted:

*a death miasma descends over the earth like the rebuke of a god insulted* what a great growth opportunity for my artisan food box service

that's a weird thing to call a coffin but ok

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

it was true initially that the outbreaks were centered in urban areas with high population density

that is not so much the case anymore

how many of them are hitting non-white populations in crowded factories in these rural towns though

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

looks like the real in-home nail appt was for the nail securing the lid of the ladys new permanent home. a coffin nail!!!

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

A Bakers Cousin posted:

It is your fault for posting your stupid poo poo though

weird defense of the trump admin re the pandemic but ok

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

brugroffil posted:

how many of them are hitting non-white populations in crowded factories in these rural towns though

Yeah this disease is gonna kill approx zero chuds who weren't in nursing homes lmao

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

How wonderful that my wife who runs her own solo nail salon has been out of work in Ohio since March 15th by order of the governor, and then, the date that the unemployment "system" is supposed to be online providing back-dated payments to self-employed people happens to be the same date we're gonna open 'er up. Two months of no income and we both get the roni anyway so Karen can get her loving french manicure.

gently caress this demon cracker nation and state.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

brugroffil posted:

while im sure some folks in power are gambling on demographic fx, thats not the main driver here. this is all motivated by the same “ignore reality, declare victory, move on” playbook the repubs have been using more and more aggressively for the past 4 decades

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

brugroffil posted:

Everyone shops at the same walmart, its not like they are cloistered together at worker dormitories

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Squizzle posted:

while im sure some folks in power are gambling on demographic fx, thats not the main driver here. this is all motivated by the same “ignore reality, declare victory, move on” playbook the repubs have been using more and more aggressively for the past 4 decades

I agree with this, it's just that if it's hitting non-white/non-chud populations significantly harder, it'll be that much easier for the chuds to ignore reality.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
In this moment I would like to point out that while the US is failing utterly and clamoring to open er up, the USAF is funding a huge program to make flying orbs

https://agilityprime.com/#/

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

an immense surplus allowing more than just the king to ignore reality is the great filter

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol i'm reminded of an article i read about how they took swab samples from the subway platforms and cultured them to see what would grow and they ended up finding multiple unidentified species of bacteria, and the overall variety they found was staggering

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Basic Poster posted:

In this moment I would like to point out that while the US is failing utterly and clamoring to open er up, the USAF is funding a huge program to make flying orbs

https://agilityprime.com/#/

:orb:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

protests in downtown Indy to protest a spate of police shootings, they've chosen to deploy teargas in the middle of a respiratory virus outbreak, COPS!

Thier mistake was not being heavily armed and white.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol i'm reminded of an article i read about how they took swab samples from the subway platforms and cultured them to see what would grow and they ended up finding multiple unidentified species of bacteria, and the overall variety they found was staggering

New York culture is very complex

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

BardoTheConsumer posted:

They're probably right.

That works only until the folks subsidizing the rural poor are all dead and then the rural poor start dying of starvation and being forced to move to cities for work

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

lmao just setting arbitrary dates with absolutely no regard for any progress or metrics, sounds like some soviet style poo poo to me

funny, 'cause it sounds like any given corporation to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CNN posted:

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine announced today that personal services like hair salons, barber shops, day spas, or nail salons will be allowed to open on May 15.