Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

I feel like drug companies will be really pissed off if the BCG and nicotine trials prove successful.

No one's going to buy their lovely $12,000 a serve proprietary ebola drug if a 100yo vaccine and chewing bootleg tobacco end up being just as effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Mackers posted:

is there a reliable like "here is how many more people died than is normal/average for this month, you may safely ignore bullshit official numbers" site somewhere?

CDC has some numbers, surprisingly.

difficulty is finding public data sets that are complete enough to have any reporting and are also timely. just doesn't exist. full reporting of deaths can take 4+ weeks

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mackers posted:

is there a reliable like "here is how many more people died than is normal/average for this month, you may safely ignore bullshit official numbers" site somewhere?

the last China conspiracy about death totals relied on numbers of phone plans cancelled during the lockdown

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

fosborb posted:

(it's not going to stay linear)

I'm banking on reports being fudged

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare

SardonicTyrant posted:

It was called loving Soup Plantation?

Yes and it was delicious in a standard white person food kinda way.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this is more deadly than the civil war per day

think about that

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

only 500 troops died per day in the civil war

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Slippery Nipple posted:

the greatest irony of covid-19 is that the internet should have made us more equipped to deal with a pandemic than ever before, but instead has made us so stupid we're relitigating germ theory

almost as if tech can't actually solve humanity's challenges

there was a thing that was all 'can you imagine doing this 25 years ago' and my only thought is god i wish.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gay picnic defence posted:

I feel like drug companies will be really pissed off if the BCG and nicotine trials prove successful.

No one's going to buy their lovely $12,000 a serve proprietary ebola drug if a 100yo vaccine and chewing bootleg tobacco end up being just as effective.

can;t wait for Gilead to start funding anti-vaxxers

euphronius posted:

yes, but how many of those were from diseases at camp? I like soldiers that don't get sick.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

the last China conspiracy about death totals relied on numbers of phone plans cancelled during the lockdown

Funny how nobody thought millions more Britons died than was actually reported based on all the mobile phone plans cancelled in the UK

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

he is dunning-kruger made flesh. the avatar of arrogantly dumb overconfidence

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Inceltown posted:

1 week into May and 15k deaths, if this stays linear I got this :grovertoot:

Ron Howard: it didn’t.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

the lighting makes it look like he has a hitler stache

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/wsbtv/status/1258551326352437248

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

empty whippet box posted:

he is dunning-kruger made flesh. the avatar of arrogantly dumb overconfidence

the perfect prez

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

"I choose now to live as a dead man"

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

SardonicTyrant posted:

It was called loving Soup Plantation?

Only on the west coast, I think they changed the name for their SE locations, and yeah it's was actually legit really loving good food. My wife hates virtually all white people food but loved Souplantation for some reason and we ate there like 3 times during our 2 week vacation in California. She's pretty sad about their death.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

died WITH the civil war.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

:toot:

can’t wait for juror nullification

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Gregory McMichael with Kemp

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

smoko post

https://twitter.com/DickKingSmith/status/1257925587768938499

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

Only on the west coast, I think they changed the name for their SE locations, and yeah it's was actually legit really loving good food. My wife hates virtually all white people food but loved Souplantation for some reason and we ate there like 3 times during our 2 week vacation in California. She's pretty sad about their death.

its called Sweet Tomatoes in TX and it loving sucks

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

there is still a lot of ways the racist criminal legal system can let these killers go free, but it's a good first step

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

euphronius posted:

:toot:

can’t wait for juror nullification

find some home inspectors, stat

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

Farm Frenzy posted:

dark souls 4 lookin great

lol

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

there is still a lot of ways the racist criminal legal system can let these killers go free, but it's a good first step

willing to bet there's already a $10,000,000 gofundme set up to defend them

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

:thunk:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pasty Doughboy posted:

Yes and it was delicious in a standard white person food kinda way.

Also if you read the article it sounds like they tried not to be lovely about faking for small business loans and poo poo but mostly just realized their entire business model is dead for at least the next year or two.

They were pretty good for a lunch buffet place.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

who?

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

America has sent a football stadium of its citizens to hell

How many more games will be played in hell

This season never ends

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
What was the covid death # today, worldometees reset already

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

eric ciaramella posted:

everyone has been too optimistic lol. it's going to blow past 110k at this rate.

I was thinking the same

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

It will go to grand jury rather than trial and they'll say it's fine and there is no need for a trial.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

States have their own mini-FBI’s?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

facetoucher cat posted:

Gregory McMichael with Kemp

don't Christian Arabs say Allah?

i wonder if Christian Arab refugee groups go out of their way to hide that fact when they raise funds from CHUDs. At least I hope Christian Arab refugees can get some money from CHUDs, they could use it.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

twoday posted:

They all have a state level police but different states call it different names.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
that black Jogger who got shot and killed by a bunch of white dudes for no reason a few weeks ago

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

twoday posted:

have you not seen True Detective season 1? That's where I learned about it. It seems like mostly a southern thing.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

ah, the rare low-polynesian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

we hitting 100k in less than a fourteennight and no one will care