Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Marmaduke! posted:

If they did actually ban his main account they realised their "error" (accidentally holding a bluetick to account for what they say or do) and corrected it pretty sharpish.

This is Stu Campbell, games journalism's answer to all those right-wing opinion columnists who got their start in NME, not glinner who's still clinging on.

e: both these dorks haven't done anything worth paying attention to since they were 37.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/labourlewis/status/1258721377261105153?s=20

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
SCP or government lockdown advice?

:hmmyes:

quote:

Exclusive: report criticising government lockdown proposals heavily redacted before release

large blocks of text in the report, produced by SPI-B, the Sage subcommittee providing advice from behavioural scientists on how the public might respond to lockdown measures, were entirely blanked out.
x

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

sinky posted:

i see they're trying a new format for death count

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Bobstar posted:

K-starm getting more praise from the best possible sources I see

https://twitter.com/George_Osborne/status/1258677559291793408

the man just seems to love a paywall

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/05/07/sir-keir-starmer-owe-ve-day-generation-protect-virus-care-homes/

e:

https://twitter.com/malaiseforever/status/1258320014165278720?s=20

lol

XMNN fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 8, 2020

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/essmurph/status/1258537649368739840

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Seems like Greater Manchester police used a taser on an unarmed man in front of a child on a petrol station forecourt.

Also

quote:

GMP has issued a statement following the incident, saying : "We are aware of a video on social media that shows a man being tasted (sic).
:yum:

efb

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
It sounds like he spat in his face just before the tasering.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Sad Panda posted:

It sounds like he spat in his face just before the tasering.

What are you trying to say?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The same people out there today with their Vera Lynn songs and massive amounts of bunting are the exact same people who get angry when you have the temerity to suggest that maybe it's OK to question if the government could have handled this whole situation better. Meanwhile, actual WW2 veterans are dying in care homes in swathes because the Tories are cunts. Very Normal Country

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1258656804143276032

Would you call it a "tragic gardening accident"?

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
Sorry for the feels, but: if you have a loved one who is in any way in the danger zone for this thing, and you've not told them everything you'd want them to know: take some time today to write them or call them and let them know.

I hadn't written or spoken to my great aunt since early Feb, and while we told each other we loved each other all the time, I never gave her a proper "this is what you've meant to me over the course of my whole life" letter like I'd always planned to. Passed away two weeks ago. Her funeral was yesterday but if course with lockdown, I couldn't go, so it's really lingering.

It's felt like life was on pause during all this, but now that it's happened in left thinking, how did I miss all the red flags? 97 years old, living in a care home, during a mass pandemic and quarantine, where nearly a thousand people died every day. I've been wracking my brain for ways to fill my time in all this, and never bothered to properly write her. Looking back at texts with my mom, I said a couple times, "keep meaning to write to Auntie, but with nothing going on I haven't had anything to say!". Well, I've got a lifetime of stuff to say now, and don't get the chance to. Wasn't even COVID, just an infection that got out of hand over 48 hours.

Anyway, there we are. Talking to a counselor hopefully next week which should help. My wife's been amazing during all this, and her recommendation of still writing the letter has taken a lot of the sting out. But I really, really urge you to avoid this feeling, and take the chance to let those you love know what you feel about them. Even if they don't get impacted by all this, you've only told them something nice anyway.

In any case, going to keep trying to stop beating myself up about it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ash Crimson posted:

What are you trying to say?
Don't spit at police unless you want them to try and set your children on fire.

And remember, tasers are deadly illegal weapons banned by the Geneva Convention when an Irish grandad has one, but responsible non-lethal safety devices when the filth are shooting them around pressurised pipelines of flammable liquid.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
IIRC aren't GMP also the same plod who got caught on camera admitting to making up charges at the start of the lockdown?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

bionic vapour boy posted:

https://twitter.com/MediocreDave/status/1258651798707097600

I have to say them leaking one thing to the press, seeing how mad everyone was then leaking the opposite thing to the press, all days before the actual official announcement, has broken me today, I'm hooting like an owl
hrmm i dunno
https://twitter.com/thistlejohn/status/1258702379333148672
https://twitter.com/thistlejohn/status/1258703306500734976
https://twitter.com/RadioClydeNews/status/1258737910188253187
sounds like england wants to leave lockdown yesterday

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Jesus. :stare:

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

saw this nice quote in one of the reply

it becomes truer each and every second

malk83
Sep 3, 2008

Just heard a neighbour expressing her disbelief at how many people are in the shops during this lockdown. Apparently she popped out for a paper and there was a long queue to get in :cripes:

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Butthemian Ripsody

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Were badgers involved?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
These celebrities and their Auto-erotic Assripsation.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Pesky Splinter posted:

*Random voxpops BBC journalist, sweating profusely*: "Excuse me sir, what's your opinion on the closure of the Sun, Times, Express and Daily Mail?"
Necrothatcher: "I'm glad they're dead."

It's just a shame they'll be kept on digital life support, and continually propped up by the BBC - it just won't be the physical papers, just the online ones. :/

The death of the physical papers would still be a good thing, both from the perspective of maybe let's not cut down thousands of trees a day to make entirely disposable reading materials that a good chunk of the buyers of only read a few pages of, cart them hundreds of miles round the country and the world, for basically no reason any more. I can only imagine literally hundreds of tonnes of paper get wasted a day on newspapers, even if you count the ones that are bought and read fully as not being a waste.

And from the perspective of not having fascist agitprop prominently displayed in every loving storefront in the country.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

sinky posted:

Uh,

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Unkempt posted:

Butthemian Ripsody

Weeds will, weeds will, wreck you

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Guavanaut posted:

Don't spit at police unless you want them to try and set your children on fire.

And remember, tasers are deadly illegal weapons banned by the Geneva Convention when an Irish grandad has one, but responsible non-lethal safety devices when the filth are shooting them around pressurised pipelines of flammable liquid.

just “don’t spit in the face of police” would be good advice regardless of who’s nearby or where you are. there’s no situation where that ends well for you*
but don’t think it’s safe to say from that video if the guy did, so people probably shouldn’t spread that until there’s a better source.

* consenting sex things excepted

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I mean if you can get away with it...

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

the world’s biggest “if” right there

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Mourning Due posted:

In any case, going to keep trying to stop beating myself up about it.

Thank you for saying this. You didn't do anything wrong it's just hard to know when the "right time" is to talk to someone, especially when they feel like such a fixture.

Keep safe and, if you want, I'd say write the letter anyway. It might help.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cerv posted:

just “don’t spit in the face of police” would be good advice regardless of who’s nearby or where you are. there’s no situation where that ends well for you*
but don’t think it’s safe to say from that video if the guy did, so people probably shouldn’t spread that until there’s a better source.
Sure, but even if they did, repeatedly using a high voltage device on a petrol station forecourt is neither a reasonable nor proportionate response.

It's hard to imagine what that would be a reasonable response to.

Cerv posted:

* consenting sex things excepted
Do not gently caress the police.

zhar
May 3, 2019

they responded

https://twitter.com/gmpolice/status/1258727381600292870

seems like a cuntish response, especially releasing all the guys personal details lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Wales' lockdown's continuing for at least another 3 weeks.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

Do not gently caress the police.

But NWA said

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

zhar posted:

they responded

seems like a cuntish response, especially releasing all the guys personal details lol

drunk driving with a child onboard is also a pretty bad thing to do if it's true

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

zhar posted:

they responded

So he didn't spit on the officer. If he had there would have been an assault charge.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Accidentally tripped and fell on a garden gnome while not wearing any pants.

thespaceinvader posted:

The death of the physical papers would still be a good thing, both from the perspective of maybe let's not cut down thousands of trees a day to make entirely disposable reading materials that a good chunk of the buyers of only read a few pages of, cart them hundreds of miles round the country and the world, for basically no reason any more. I can only imagine literally hundreds of tonnes of paper get wasted a day on newspapers, even if you count the ones that are bought and read fully as not being a waste.

And from the perspective of not having fascist agitprop prominently displayed in every loving storefront in the country.

Yeah that's true, and an added benefit of them loving finally dying. And it does close off at least one avenue of national brainrot seeping into peoples' brains everytime they pop down the shop.

Although we'll probably been seeing a lot more of them as talking heads regurgitating the same old poo poo, to be endless regurgitated back and forth across other talking heads with the same toxic views and pointless speculations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Necrothatcher posted:

So he didn't spit on the officer. If he had there would have been an assault charge.

Yeah the fact they tacked on an "unnecessary travel" charge kinda suggests they were looking to throw every last thing they could at him, and they'd have definitely put assault in there if they had even the tiniest chance.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Necrothatcher posted:

Yup. Its what it sounded like to me. But I was wrong.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

hemale in pain posted:

drunk driving with a child onboard is also a pretty bad thing to do if it's true

Traumatising a ba by electrocuting its da right in front of it isn't ideal either if we're looking at the situation from a child abuse perspective :/

I mean even if you're not on a petrol station forecourt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

hemale in pain posted:

Yes, but I haven't seen anyone defending that. I've seen lots of people on Twitter pretending that the people criticizing the police are doing that, but not anyone actually doing it.

If the police are members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence, as they supposedly are, then it seems only fair to hold them to a higher standard of public and professional conduct than the general public, let alone the people they're arresting.