Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Never go tail first into a wood chipper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Statisticians always assuming a Gaussian in the absence of evidence to the contrary will kill us all.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

buddy have you SEEN who they elected for president?

no, please tell me who it is

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Trixie Hardcore posted:

"I take my entire family to the grocery store so we can shop faster, it’s safer."

:argh:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Past the peak. Treum!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

oh word who could have seen this coming oh no

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is an American outdoor sports stadium located in the Exposition Park neighborhood of Los Angeles, California.

USC began a major renovation of the stadium in early 2018.[15] During the renovation project the seating capacity was 78,467 and became 77,500 upon completion in 2019.[16]

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

give me some more loving MONEY

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
this is the future liberals want

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gringostar posted:

that’s loving bullshit that should be a persons job!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Cuomo talking about gutting the schools or something instead of extending the stay at home that will otherwise end next week

Gringostar posted:

:hai:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AP_Sports/status/1258794791573299202?s=20

lol whoops

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

hope you stocked up your freezers folks

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

fits my needs posted:

that’s loving bullshit that should be a persons job!

Does a cybernetic half person count? I have a reference.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

throwing my hog into a wood chipper to own the libs

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

triple sulk posted:

no, please tell me who it is

Please sit down and tell me what you know about reality TV

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
let the olympics burn

maybe something not horrendously corrupt can be born from the ashes

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
CNN just said that the person who is infected with coronavirus who was near Trump had close daily contact but i can't find an article but I'm still looking

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

https://twitter.com/ToniRenaissance/status/1258797881219301376

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Schnorkles posted:

let the olympics burn

maybe something not horrendously corrupt can be born from the ashes

The Phoenix is Atlanta's little symbol so maybe something else

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

facetoucher cat posted:

CNN just said that the person who is infected with coronavirus who was near Trump had close daily contact but i can't find an article but I'm still looking

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

did anyone else immediately think of the end of Fargo?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol i went to pick up lunch and there are people just waking around with their masks down or without one at all

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Chris James 2 posted:

I didn't even get a check and now people who got one might get another :rip:

https://twitter.com/cnet/status/1258780878450372609?s=21

Where are the loving TRUMPBUX

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

facetoucher cat posted:

the guy was his valet and served trump meals

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

Where are the loving TRUMPBUX

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Absolutely read the article and don't just laugh at the headline. Here is an excerpt I quoted in the Doomsday Economics thread:

quote:

Mike Crusan, communications director with the Minnesota Board of Animal Health, said delivery of hog carcasses to the southwest Minnesota site began over the weekend. The parcel of land can accommodate the delivery of up to 2,000 head per day, though it hasn’t reached peak capacity at this point.

JBS announced last week it could euthanize 3,000 head of market-weight hogs per day because they couldn’t be processed before they grew too large for slaughter and packaging.

The Minnesota Pork Producers Association is working with the team to establish three other composting sites in the state.

“They are trying to find other areas where there are congregations of large swine operations so they can better serve those people with a centralized site,” Crusan said, adding that farmers will have the option to deliver hog carcasses to those sites or compost on their own property.

The hog carcasses delivered to the Nobles County site will be run through the chipper simultaneously with the wood material — a new concept in the hog industry.

“This whole approach … began being evaluated in composting just within the last year because of African swine fever,” Crusan said. “The pork industry nationwide was studying ways of effectively composting mass carcasses if we were to get that in the United States.”

There's even more I could have quoted but I didn't want to just copy/paste the whole thing.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
jamming out to this a lot this week

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Azathoth posted:

did anyone else immediately think of the end of Fargo?

very much yes

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

don't worry trump will pull thru just like bojo did

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Listen. A person can be dead or alive. There's two sides to this. No one's listening to the people who have passed away in their bathrooms from everyone ignoring the fact that this virus is a hoax

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is an American outdoor sports stadium located in the Exposition Park neighborhood of Los Angeles, California.

USC began a major renovation of the stadium in early 2018.[15] During the renovation project the seating capacity was 78,467 and became 77,500 upon completion in 2019.[16]

how does seating go up during a renovation? did they knock down part of the wall and sell 1000 tickets to ppl standing in the parking lot looking through it?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

open for a surprise

https://twitter.com/spindlypete/status/1258799403873099777?s=21

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ChristsDickWorship posted:

how does seating go up during a renovation? did they knock down part of the wall and sell 1000 tickets to ppl standing in the parking lot looking through it?

Uh, if it was ~78500 during the renovation and became 77500 once it was completed then seating didn't go up.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Do realize any further stimulus money will come with the Senate's litigation protection for employers. Mc turtle has said as much.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Mr.Radar posted:

Absolutely read the article and don't just laugh at the headline. Here is an excerpt I quoted in the Doomsday Economics thread:

There's even more I could have quoted but I didn't want to just copy/paste the whole thing.

American is truly revolutionizing the Hog Destruction Industry :patriot:

What's this 'African swine fever'? As a true red blooded American, deadly viruses with the potential to cause mass death and endless pandemics make me horny; so don't hold out on me.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i found this article and i need to share it

https://remodernreview.wordpress.co...VRko_MyyTimSNIw

~spooky postmodernism virus~

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

TMMadman posted:

Uh, if it was ~78500 during the renovation and became 77500 once it was completed then seating didn't go up.

right, how do you lose capacity once your construction site is cleaned up?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Everyone let go of the hope Trump will get the roni, he won’t and if he does he’ll be an asymptomatic super spreader that only gives it to visiting humanitarians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/05/08/donald-trump-near-valet-who-has-coronavirus-but-im-fine/3094318001/

yeah so as the other poster itt said it was his valet but I didn't realize he also served him his meals. After reading this and listening to him

quote:

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said Friday that a Navy valet who tested positive for the coronavirus was in the same room with him on Tuesday, the day he began exhibiting symptoms.

Trump also said he has been tested twice in recent days with both tests coming back negative. “On Tuesday, he was in the room," Trump said on the morning program "Fox & Friends," but he does not recall any direct contact with the ill employee.

"And then I went to get tested and I tested fine," Trump added. "And then I got tested a second time and I tested negative ... and (Vice President) Mike Pence likewise."

The president acknowledged the close encounter a day after downplaying news of the infected employee, telling reporters at the White House that "I've had very little contact" with the valet in .

In the Fox interview, conducted by telephone, Trump said the valets who serve his food will now all be wearing masks.

"They've already started," Trump said.

Trump said the valet in question had been off duty in the days before Tuesday.

After the White House announced the worker had tested positive, Trump said his staff would be tested daily moving forward.

"A lot of people in the White House wear masks," Trump said. " And, frankly, a lot of people want to wear masks, until this thing goes away."

translation: he basically was hugging the person without anyone wearing masks leading up to and on the same day he was showing symptoms