Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Radar posted:

Absolutely read the article and don't just laugh at the headline. Here is an excerpt I quoted in the Doomsday Economics thread:

There's even more I could have quoted but I didn't want to just copy/paste the whole thing.

hahaha that loving owns, feeding corona corpses to the wood chipper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Marx Headroom posted:

MEANWHILE, IN NOT AMRRICA,

It's pretty sweet that we have these examples of the correct way to do things so that future countries may compare our doom with their successes and hopefully learn from our hubris

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

ChristsDickWorship posted:

right, how do you lose capacity once your construction site is cleaned up?

After USC took over the Coliseum master lease in 2013, they began making plans for major renovations needed and as stipulated in the master lease agreement. On October 29, 2015, the University of Southern California unveiled an estimated $270-million project for a massive renovation and restoration the Coliseum.[33] The upgrades included: replacing all seats in the stadium, construction of a larger and modern press box (that contains new box suites, premium lounges, a viewing deck, V.I.P. section and introduction of LED ribbon boards), adding new aisles and widening some seats, a new sound system, restoration and renaming of the Peristyle to the Julia and George Argyros Plaza, stadium wide Wi-Fi, two new HD video jumbotrons and scoreboard, new concession stands, upgraded entry concourses, new interior and exterior lighting, modernization of plumbing and electrical systems, and a reduction in capacity of about 16,000 seats, with the final total at approximately 78,500 seats

fatter attendees

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Everyone let go of the hope Trump will get the roni, he won’t and if he does he’ll be an asymptomatic super spreader that only gives it to visiting humanitarians.

living manifestation of the roni just extruding virus wherever he goes that only targets individuals with good intentions

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
NYS is stepping in and testing all nursing home residents because they're run by terrible monsters who don't care about the health of their patients and will intentionally withhold information from their families and primary care physicians to try to protect themselves. The regulations on them are so lax that they aren't required to, but NYS will be reporting their own results as they test.

It will be very depressing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

SKULL.GIF posted:

Some interesting countries leading the charge today for new cases. Over 11,000 new cases (!!) in Russia. Brasil, Mexico, Chile, Saudi Arabia all starting to accelerate their rate of new cases too.

USA is already reporting over 4000 cases very early in the day, we could see 35k+ today if this pace holds up.

we're still doing everything we can to keep testing down, please bear with us

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

diving into the chud comment sections of the state news, seems like they're trying to churn up the term "suppressed facts?" is that a q thing or is it making the rounds?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Everyone let go of the hope Trump will get the roni

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981?lang=en

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ChristsDickWorship posted:

right, how do you lose capacity once your construction site is cleaned up?

Replacing box seating with luxury suites.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Thump! posted:

lol this seems legit

lmfao I love how it powerdives to zero like magic for no reason

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

fatter attendees

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Replacing box seating with luxury suites.

but... if you close a section at a time to rip the seats up.... you currently have less seats than you will have when you're done... but that other quote said it was higher during the renovation than when it was completed....

i guess i'll have the spicy chicken sandwich

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

trump getting the roni is one of the few things that might turn this poo poo titanic around that actually has decent odds of happening

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

facetoucher cat posted:

translation: he basically was hugging the person without anyone wearing masks leading up to and on the same day he was showing symptoms
the guy could have spent the whole day breathing directly into trump's face and he'll still somehow be fine, i guarantee it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

facetoucher cat posted:

CNN just said that the person who is infected with coronavirus who was near Trump had close daily contact but i can't find an article but I'm still looking

he licks the president's tongue clean when he is done w the fries and wants to start the big mac

he "hates to feel the crunchy crunchy salt" when he eats the big mac so advisors found it necessary

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Dustcat posted:

trump getting the roni is one of the few things that might turn this poo poo titanic around that actually has decent odds of happening

there are meds effective at keeping people from dying completely, they are just reserved for people like trump

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Flesh Forge posted:

lmfao I love how it powerdives to zero like magic for no reason

They could do like Georgia and start backdating to 'when symptoms first appeared'. That way the feds could report like Georgia did yesterday at noon that they had 4 new cases since the last reporting period.

Who knows what happens if people haven't' started showing symptoms, or if they don't know... but yeah practically went to zero over night!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

cash crab posted:

what if i did all my best stuff before the virus

Just fib a little

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Zil posted:

Just fib a little

:hmmyes:

also my province is slated to reopen SOME things while we simultaneously record our highest daily increase and i expect that in two weeks we’re gonna see a serious outbreak after everyone left two days ago because The Sun came out for eight minutes

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

20 Blunts posted:

i found this article and i need to share it

https://remodernreview.wordpress.co...VRko_MyyTimSNIw

~spooky postmodernism virus~

Just like ever other report about "Postmodernism" just a bunch of blubber made of up opinions about things, and using jargon nouns to allow the reader to make slight connections. "These post modernist suck the side dick of Marx, which in turn has lead to all our facts being an elitist poverty stricken mode of ideology."

Take out all the buzz words and replace them with gibberish words. That will expose how useless that article is.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1258808921768235021

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
lol if anybody thinks they would announce it if the president tested positive instead of just lying about it

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

NofrikinfuN posted:

there are meds effective at keeping people from dying completely, they are just reserved for people like trump

it's this. lmao if he disappears for two weeks tho

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
[Covid-19 May] Well people in hell want ice water too

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Apraxin posted:

the guy could have spent the whole day breathing directly into trump's face and he'll still somehow be fine, i guarantee it

he will be stronger somehow

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

just a congressman casually acknowledging that America is Hell

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Notre Dame Stadium is an outdoor football stadium in Notre Dame, Indiana, the home field of the University of Notre Dame Fighting Irish. Located on the university's campus, it also hosts commencement.

Opened 89 years ago in 1930,[2] the stadium seating capacity was nearly 60,000 for decades. More than 21,000 seats were added for the 1997 season, which increased the capacity to over 80,000. After the Campus Crossroads renovation, the seat number decreased to 77,622.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

shiksa posted:

he licks the president's tongue clean when he is done w the fries and wants to start the big mac

he "hates to feel the crunchy crunchy salt" when he eats the big mac so advisors found it necessary

yet somehow he'll be totally fine

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Just got an email from our CEO. Their plan is to only let a very small group of essential people back into the office in June. The majority of us are going to have to continue to WFH "until appropriate testing and/or vaccines are widely available".

That could be a long time :stare:

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

The economy in Hell absolutely requires widespread corporate ice hoarding.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Rynn posted:

Just got an email from our CEO. Their plan is to only let a very small group of essential people back into the office in June. The majority of us are going to have to continue to WFH "until appropriate testing and/or vaccines are widely available".

The world is not going back to the way it was
ever

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

someone needs to reread his dante :colbert:

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1258810367574188032

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Rynn posted:

Google announced they are WFH until 2021.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

ever

It never does.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Nothing ever does.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

To Minnesotans, the wood chipper is a solution to many of life's problems.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Scott Forstall posted:

Google announced they are WFH until 2021.

for those of us who arent part of the overlord class or trusted retainers, things will be back to normal by august, this wont be mentioned in the normal press, and we will just be expected to occasionally die of democrat plague bc we're dirty urbanites and this is what we deserve.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

ever

You don't have to answer, but ask yourself when was the world as a whole was good for every human alive?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lol that yall think this is a mattering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
As long as death counts keep getting ratings, this will stay in the news. And death count will never stop getting ratings.