Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

why can't i highlight the 'sources close to' part of a quote block

what the gently caress is this

because its not there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I should make "posted:" work like that too so you can select the text and hit ctrl+c and just copy the username.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I should make "posted:" work like that too so you can select the text and hit ctrl+c and just copy the username.

could you please return the forums name back to Cspam? I’m an idiot who’s easily confused, and I keep posting TRYAMPA in dnd.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
CSPAMFinder

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
Hey mods, I have some feedback for ya

you're doing a great job

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Working hard, thank you!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

PawParole posted:

could you please return the forums name back to Cspam? I’m an idiot who’s easily confused, and I keep posting TRYAMPA in dnd.

Lol

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

can you please make the image part of this our background or a header image pretty please and also thank you?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Call Your Grandma posted:

can you please make the image part of this our background or a header image pretty please and also thank you?

Jesus goddamned Christ that is a cursed image

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Serious: NoJoe is in a desperate need of another round of tagging. Even the guy who makes the real life pins doesn't have his.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

please change the forum name

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Call Your Grandma posted:

this is both the best and worst image in cspam

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
beep boop community moderation reports 2

the IK offer to give 1 day timeouts is tempting u know

i think id just post them here and IK would handle it

im open 2 suggestions but rn i reported for mods

incidentally anyone who wants to get away w/slurs we would not prefer can do so by quoting a mod in their post & leaving it there for 25 pages it has to be a forums mod present in the banner thing

otherwise it will come 2 slurbots attn

thx

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Gas the monthly trump thread and don't let it return

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Your thread would cry its brains out at the posters migrating, so think twice

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gas that one too then

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Oh well when has a mod from another forum demanding that a CSPAM thread be gassed ever ended poorly?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I think jose could pull it off if he horse traded gassings, he has the power...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

I think jose could pull it off if he horse traded gassings, he has the power...

The r/relationship thread is a lot of grief

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
That's just work on your plate tho, cspam would lose a foundational thread, the cost must be steep imo. The drama would need to be of incredible proportions to appease the ancestors.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

cspam would probably survive without the trump thread, but the corvid thread would probably be splattered with turmos and temremps and tropomolines

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

gotta say, i'm not sure a weekly trump thread is the right approach

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

The r/relationship thread is a lot of grief

it's amazing how one thread produces so much gold and yet so many people are determined to turbo blast liquid poo poo everywhere

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dustcat posted:

cspam would probably survive without the trump thread, but the corvid thread would probably be splattered with turmos and temremps and tropomolines

lol yup.

twoday
May 4, 2005

seattle plague rat posted:

beep boop community incidentally anyone who wants to get away w/slurs we would not prefer can do so by quoting a mod in their post & leaving it there for 25 pages it has to be a forums mod present in the banner thing

Context: this was discussed at length immediately afterwards and that person got a one day probe within an hour of making that post

twoday
May 4, 2005

Jose posted:

Gas that one too then

twoday
May 4, 2005

Dustcat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il8Q5ZoJELQ

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dustcat posted:

Please don't let this happen, the covid thread is already halfway to being a full blown chat thread.

The Trump thread is completely unreadable because the chatters took over.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

Lightning Knight posted:

Jesus goddamned Christ that is a cursed image

Brother you ain’t kidding. Viscerally repulsive.

E: Man, what a poo poo post. To contribute to the thread in the spirit in which it was intended - I just wanted to say that I love CSPAM and how it is run, most of the time. I crack/pinged HARD after 11/9 and this place helped me safely radicalize. Cheers everybody :cheers:

Lordshmee has issued a correction as of 19:40 on May 7, 2020

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

twoday posted:

Context: this was discussed at length immediately afterwards and that person got a one day probe within an hour of making that post

buddy i never saw a post i just thought it would be funny 2 ignore slurposts that tag a mod if they run 1,000 posts w/out report

good for u on the 1 day probe getting in trouble for calling someone a slur demands a little reflection to understand why it might not be welcoming to use such language as many here are neuroatypical

both offender & offended

u guys can figure it out its chill

seattle plague rat has issued a correction as of 09:21 on May 8, 2020

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
sometimes i can come across as unnecessarily antagonistic 2 authorit y and its only because i am unnecessarily antagonistic to authority

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sometimes i can come across as unnecessarily antagonistic 2 authorit y and its only because i am unnecessarily antagonistic to authority

the idea that mods are authority figures is weird

twoday
May 4, 2005

Squizzle posted:

the idea that mods are authority figures is weird

av post combo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
their authorities on getting owned, fuckin workin for free lmfaooo

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

So are we really doing Person of Interest, but for slurs? Slurson of Interest?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ideally the slurs robit would only give the id# of a poster, and it would be up to the mods to determine whether they are the perpetrator or victim.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
i u can come up w/an ik game slurbot will play it

but it has to emphasize the point that the differently abled r welcome among us

otherwise i will just quietly report

seattle plague rat has issued a correction as of 15:54 on May 8, 2020

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Some slurs are cool, like TERF, neoliberal, Karen, and boomer

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

you aren't coming across as unnecessarily antagonistic to authority so much as manic and narcissistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I mean this might what you're going for but it seems more like you're just typing with your eyes closed