Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
One of the fun aspects of human life is how loving hard life is for the vast majority of humans.

e:kitties got it good tho

Trixie Hardcore has issued a correction as of 18:44 on May 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Hey thread is it morning in America yet?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Everywhere around the world
it's morning in America
today

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

fosborb posted:

jamming out to this a lot this week

I'm teenage stepdad

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I mean yeah I guess we're not all dying at 35 of plague or scrapes that get infected or starvation but that doesn't mean poo poo isn't still hosed up

Granted when you think about it terms of QOL for a large group of people no one has probably had it as good as white boomers over their lifespan

Maybe the aristocracy...

Fuckers had everything and wasted it

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
One fun thing to do is figure how many years you realistically have left to live, and figure out what percentage of that time will be wasted by 2 years of quarantine

3.7% of my remaining days will be wasted on this

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/TheBostonPops/status/1258811274739187714?s=20

No surprise here, but lol

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

As long as death counts keep getting ratings, this will stay in the news. And death count will never stop getting ratings.

not the pneumonia death count!

this is just gonna be like TB, a shameful endemic of poverty w a lot of asymptomatic carriers, this isnt some fantasy this is literally how TB is in a lot of the world rn

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

After USC took over the Coliseum master lease in 2013, they began making plans for major renovations needed and as stipulated in the master lease agreement. On October 29, 2015, the University of Southern California unveiled an estimated $270-million project for a massive renovation and restoration the Coliseum.[33] The upgrades included: replacing all seats in the stadium, construction of a larger and modern press box (that contains new box suites, premium lounges, a viewing deck, V.I.P. section and introduction of LED ribbon boards), adding new aisles and widening some seats, a new sound system, restoration and renaming of the Peristyle to the Julia and George Argyros Plaza, stadium wide Wi-Fi, two new HD video jumbotrons and scoreboard, new concession stands, upgraded entry concourses, new interior and exterior lighting, modernization of plumbing and electrical systems, and a reduction in capacity of about 16,000 seats, with the final total at approximately 78,500 seats

fatter attendees

Admittedly if you'd ever been to a game at the Coliseum prior to the renovation you'd know that the seats were way too small for even a European-sized person to sit comfortably.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MorrisBae posted:

One fun thing to do is figure how many years you realistically have left to live, and figure out what percentage of that time will be wasted by 2 years of quarantine

only if you let it

read a book. take up a hobby. write your memoirs. paint your bathroom walls with diarrhea from overdrinking

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Mourning in America

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
How are people talking about 2 years of quarantine when there's no more unemployment, no federal relief, no lockdown, like ITT how many people can hold out for 2 years on what they have right now

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

MorrisBae posted:

What percentage of your life do you estimate you spend pooping?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

MorrisBae posted:

lol what is it you would be doing instead of quarantining that doesn't count as wasting your time

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

shovelbum posted:

How are people talking about 2 years of quarantine when there's no more unemployment, no federal relief, no lockdown, like ITT how many people can hold out for 2 years on what they have right now

No one knows exactly how the next two years will play out so no one can really answer that for you. Except super rich goons on self sustaining yachts I guess.

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

NofrikinfuN posted:

there are meds effective at keeping people from dying completely, they are just reserved for people like trump

yeah, he's prob getting a daily antibody shot, and likely using any spares to give out as favors

realgoodcovidtracker.com

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

not the pneumonia death count!

this is just gonna be like TB, a shameful endemic of poverty w a lot of asymptomatic carriers, this isnt some fantasy this is literally how TB is in a lot of the world rn
Hey uh was TB a global pandemic and the only news story that mattered in the entire world for months?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
is it too late to make predictions?

https://mobile.twitter.com/ddale8/status/1258810707325390849

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

wondering, if there was an actual literal 9/11 each day if it'd take more than 2 months to be normalized

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Charlz Guybon posted:

Even they aren't fooled. They are making a conscious decision to lie in order to make themselves feel better.

ArmZ posted:

let me direct you to the president and the MAGA crowd who absolutely is fooled

Zberan Madowinty posted:

At some point they believe the lie so hard it becomes real at least

I realised the other day that conspiracy theory tru-believers have a lot in common with struggling/debt-ridden people stuck in lovely low paying jobs who refuse to ever vote for taxes on the rich/estate tax: the economics conservatives always see themselves as "temporarily embarrassed millionaires" and the conspiracy believing idiots always see themselves as "temporarily unrecognised geniuses"

They've always got this thing going where they believe "Well you might look down your nose at me now but soon you'll be forced to admit that I was 100% right and you were 100% wrong all along and accept that I'm the winner!"

It must be super comforting and reassuring to hold onto the idiot belief that one day all the pieces of your life will naturally fall into place and all the poo poo you've done will be justified and all your lifestyle fantasies will come true

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Charun posted:

wondering, if there was an actual literal 9/11 each day if it'd take more than 2 months to be normalized

buildings are way more important than people

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Charun posted:

yeah, he's prob getting a daily antibody shot, and likely using any spares to give out as favors

you sig owns bones

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol I give up on discussing this poo poo with people off this site. Some guy is trying to tell me that this peaked four weeks ago according to these numbers: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Apr 7, 2003

People are going to keep trying to use magical thinking to make this go away and it's a waste of time to talk to them.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Hey uh was TB a global pandemic and the only news story that mattered in the entire world for months?

This is literally like tb in that there is no effective treatment or vaccine for tb and no one ever bothers with tb quarantines, or track and trace. We’ve totally given up fighting tb around the globe so you can see how everyone is just gonna get covid now forever and there’s nothing anyone can do about it

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

MorrisBae posted:

you can still do stuff during quarantine you know

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Trixie Hardcore posted:

This is literally like tb in that there is no effective treatment or vaccine for tb and no one ever bothers with tb quarantines, or track and trace. We’ve totally given up fighting tb around the globe so you can see how everyone is just gonna get covid now forever and there’s nothing anyone can do about it

Okay I can see this happening after years down the line but saying that it's going to happen by August is insane.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lol that any of you discuss any of this with anyone not anonymously

Apr 7, 2003

friggin sweet lois

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

facetoucher cat posted:

he will be stronger somehow

Cure for Covid is industrial food preservatives, and UK Sudafed in massive doses. I thought we figured that out allready?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

MorrisBae posted:

100% of my life will be wasted by a two year quarantine

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
I bullied my younger coworker who I trained and looks up to me into changing his opinion and not using YouTube as a news source.

I consider that a victory.

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

The death toll wall just got 10000 people higher

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Trixie Hardcore posted:

i cant tell if ur being sarcastic or not bc tb is a weird thing in that we beat it back a lot but a lot of it is hella drug resistant now and in the US since it spreads in prisons and homeless shelters no one gives a gently caress

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

Crusader posted:

you sig owns bones

thanks! I spent way too much time on it, but what is time these days anyway

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Charun posted:

9/11: The loss of human life is starting to look incidental to the destruction of buildings, the business of trading stocks and this feeling that the United States is safe from the rest of the world.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

technically true. there's nothing we can do NOW to save the dead people

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

9/11: The loss of human life is starting to look incidental to the destruction of buildings, the business of trading stocks and this feeling that the United States is safe from the rest of the world.

That's right. The real tragedy of 9/11 was the 40 billion in actual losses plus whatever hit the markets and airlines took. Nobody in power cares about 4,000 bodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

The terrorists probably also didn't give a poo poo about maxing out casualties since they flew into the towers both too early in the workday, and not as low as they could have.