Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

drat that's tight as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Johnny Truant posted:

drat that's tight as gently caress

It will look so much better when it's done!! The whole garden will be sand once all the rocks are in place. I have to put Wood tiles down in the non-rock-spots because, as you can see, rocks will happily spawn on any sand. Gonna pepper a few Gong, Rake, bamboo partition-type items in there for accents and it'll be :hellyeah:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah part of me wants to do the rock arranging thing, but I'm lazy.

A friend of mine in Tokyo is going to make me a Lunar Rocket tonight :dance:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It will look so much better when it's done!! The whole garden will be sand once all the rocks are in place. I have to put Wood tiles down in the non-rock-spots because, as you can see, rocks will happily spawn on any sand. Gonna pepper a few Gong, Rake, bamboo partition-type items in there for accents and it'll be :hellyeah:

Def post a photo of the finished product!

I guess if my job goes by its announcement from a few weeks ago we're riding the WFH train until 7/1, so I might have the time to do something similar

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah part of me wants to do the rock arranging thing, but I'm lazy.

A friend of mine in Tokyo is going to make me a Lunar Rocket tonight :dance:

All said and done, placing all the mannequins took about 4 hours, if you count the original 3 and then the follow-up where I realized I'd left a lot of holes. I did it because I had nothing else to do on a Sunday night and wasn't tired. If you meet those criteria it's totally worth it!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

All said and done, placing all the mannequins took about 4 hours, if you count the original 3 and then the follow-up where I realized I'd left a lot of holes. I did it because I had nothing else to do on a Sunday night and wasn't tired. If you meet those criteria it's totally worth it!

Yeah I should just bite the bullet; part of me is thinking "Oh god It's such a waste of time I have other poo poo to do" and then the other part of me realizes I fukkin play AC that much anyway and just don't want to admit it to myself :sweatdrop:

edit: do you place the mannequins and then destroy one rock at a time, or place them and destroy all the rocks at once?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Inzombiac posted:

FTTQ4

Turnips: 162

Mathilda is making Ironwood dressers

I have an extra cutting board recipe for whomever wants it.

I might be AFK. Come chill at the café.
I wish I could stay longer. Popped in, got the DIY, traded a terrarium DIY for a honeycomb floor one, dropped 50K, then left.

Will probaby return to nab a spare of the ironwood dresser and to get another look at everything! It's really neat.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah I should just bite the bullet; part of me is thinking "Oh god It's such a waste of time I have other poo poo to do" and then the other part of me realizes I fukkin play AC that much anyway and just don't want to admit it to myself :sweatdrop:

edit: do you place the mannequins and then destroy one rock at a time, or place them and destroy all the rocks at once?

It's not worth it to destroy more than one at a time, since only one respawns per day.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
only a goon could end up getting their wife embroiled in a whodunit over video game flower murder

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Hello again goons! Right now my island has turnips going for 446 bells. Nothing required to stop by, but any tips are always appreciated. I'll be keeping the island open till 7 pm so please come by if you still need to sell

https://turnip.exchange/island/d48089d8

Just wanted to say thanks for this. I made a couple of trips since I had a couple million bells worth of turnips I was worried I was going to lose bells this week. :homebrew: I left some bells and a couple of random items in your neat little cafe area. I was the semi-passable Louise from Bob’s Burgers that waved to you.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Animal Crossing New Horizons: embroiled in a whodunit over video game flower murder

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I destroyed every single rock on my island (don't necessarily have to do this, but figure why not, and it guarantees that the new rock that spawns tomorrow will be the Money Rock)

Then I built my Future Rock Garden area and made sure there were 6 spaces for the rocks to appear. If you want your rock to be on Sand, or Dirt, or Grass, you need to put that tile down first and have the rock spawn on it. Otherwise you can't slip a Sand/Dirt/Grass Tile underneath it once it's already there.

And then after that I started placing the Custom Pattern Mannequins all over the drat place. 2x empty tiles between every mannequin. Trees and furniture have the same rock-blocking-radius as mannequins, (all surrounding tiles) but flowers only block the tile they themselves occupy.

X o o X o o X
o o o o o o o
o o o o o o o
X o o X o o X
o o o o o o o
o o o o o o o
X o o X o o X

Rocks can't spawn on the tiles touching sand, water, or buildings.

Once all 6 rocks have grown in where you want them (minimum of 6 days with no oopsies) you just Change the custom pattern that your mannequins use, and every single one goes POOF and your island is habitable again!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Zamujasa posted:

I wish I could stay longer. Popped in, got the DIY, traded a terrarium DIY for a honeycomb floor one, dropped 50K, then left.

Will probaby return to nab a spare of the ironwood dresser and to get another look at everything! It's really neat.

Thanks!

I'll leave the gate open for a bit. The dresser is a hot item, it seems.

Check the store for a dope electric bass and my dress in Able's.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Saharah is here as well.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 8, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I destroyed every single rock on my island (don't necessarily have to do this, but figure why not, and it guarantees that the new rock that spawns tomorrow will be the Money Rock)

Then I built my Future Rock Garden area and made sure there were 6 spaces for the rocks to appear. If you want your rock to be on Sand, or Dirt, or Grass, you need to put that tile down first and have the rock spawn on it. Otherwise you can't slip a Sand/Dirt/Grass Tile underneath it once it's already there.

And then after that I started placing the Custom Pattern Mannequins all over the drat place. 2x empty tiles between every mannequin. Trees and furniture have the same rock-blocking-radius as mannequins, (all surrounding tiles) but flowers only block the tile they themselves occupy.

X o o X o o X
o o o o o o o
o o o o o o o
X o o X o o X
o o o o o o o
o o o o o o o
X o o X o o X

Once all 6 rocks have grown in where you want them (minimum of 6 days with no oopsies) you just Change the custom pattern that your mannequins use, and every single one goes POOF and your island is habitable again!

Quoting this so I can easily find it later :sax:

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Hello again goons! Right now my island has turnips going for 446 bells. Nothing required to stop by, but any tips are always appreciated. I'll be keeping the island open till 7 pm so please come by if you still need to sell

Thank you!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Inzombiac posted:

my dress in Able's
It's good :swoon:

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Holy crap. I booted up my Switch just to run through my daily chores and found a Lily of the Valley just hanging out near my Nook's Cranny. I had no idea I had even hit 5 stars!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Soysaucebeast posted:

Holy crap. I booted up my Switch just to run through my daily chores and found a Lily of the Valley just hanging out near my Nook's Cranny. I had no idea I had even hit 5 stars!

Hell yeah. There's the other secret benefit to doing Mannequin Island - brute force your way to a 5-star island

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Licarn posted:

only a goon could end up getting their wife embroiled in a whodunit over video game flower murder

This has made me take a long hard look at my life and the choices that led me to derail a thread so spectacularly. By which I mean "lol oops". I have spent way too many hours of my life turning my island into a big artsy garden when I have actual paintings for clients to be working on.

Mostly I was mad because I would've let them pick most of that if they had just asked!

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Soysaucebeast posted:

It's not actually all that hard, I think. I hit it last night even though my island is (comparatively) way under developed. Really the only attractions I've done were a playground in one corner and a botanical garden type thing in another corner. Beyond that the houses are spread out, everyone has 3-4 fence pieces and a couple of yard doodads. My flower situation is really just sort of all over the place and I guess that was enough.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Zamujasa posted:

It's good :swoon:

Thanks!
It my first real attempt at pixel art.

Maybe I'll make more :D

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

OOOOPS sorry whoever was on my island just now, I mindlessly shut it down thinking no one was on and saw it too late as I was mashing the buttons. Apologies :(

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Edit: Closed
DIY: Whitney is making Gold Bars
Able's: https://twitter.com/JooJooFlop/status/1258800161549021185?s=20
Nook's: Mug (Black), Newton's Cradle, Roses/Hyacinths/Windflowers
Leif: Azaleas/Camellias, Cosmos/Mums
Flowers are directly north of the airport along the river. Complementary golden watering cans are provided, feel free to take one home. Spare DIYs on beach to the left of the airport.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 8, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Inzombiac posted:

FTTQ4

Turnips: 162

Mathilda is making Ironwood dressers

I have an extra cutting board recipe for whomever wants it.

I might be AFK. Come chill at the café.

I hope you like flower buds cuz I'm watering EVERYTHING

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ankha your house is incredibly impractical

She has a pyramid, she has a shitter, what more do you want?

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Y'all goons come up with the most adorable outfits. :allears:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Poque posted:

I hope you like flower buds cuz I'm watering EVERYTHING

Hell yeah.

Bury me in flowers

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Inzombiac posted:

Thanks!
It my first real attempt at pixel art.

Maybe I'll make more :D

Do you have it up on the design saving thing? I'd like to share that design with some friends but I can't give it to them.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Republicans posted:

NM1M3
DIY: Whitney is making Gold Bars
Able's: https://twitter.com/JooJooFlop/status/1258800161549021185?s=20
Nook's: Soft-Serve Lamp (Purple), Studio Wall Spotlight (Green?), Desktop Computer (Pink), Mug (Black), Newton's Cradle, Roses/Hyacinths/Windflowers
Leif: Azaleas/Camellias, Cosmos/Mums
Flowers are directly north of the airport along the river. Complementary golden watering cans are provided, feel free to take one home. Spare DIYs on beach to the left of the airport.

Dodo code isn't working for me.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Valen posted:

Just wanted to say thanks for this. I made a couple of trips since I had a couple million bells worth of turnips I was worried I was going to lose bells this week. :homebrew: I left some bells and a couple of random items in your neat little cafe area. I was the semi-passable Louise from Bob’s Burgers that waved to you.

Oh I saw you! Thanks for popping by, I appreciate the tip and I’m super happy your turnips didn’t go to waste!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

X o o X o o X
o o o o o o o
o o o o o o o
X o o X o o X
o o o o o o o
o o o o o o o
X o o X o o X

Johnny Truant posted:

Quoting this so I can easily find it later :sax:

Same :toot:

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I was ready to really bitch about how I have yet to see Redd since the initial meeting, but today I grew my first blue roses!! Hooray!!!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Dodo code isn't working for me.

Connection messed up on the first one, current one should work.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
When I visit someone, can I put a custom pattern on the ground?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

When I visit someone, can I put a custom pattern on the ground?

Nope

:negative:

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Coralcola is closed again. Thanks for everyone who visited, and for the gifts and flower watering. You folks are all fantastic.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Falstaff posted:

Coralcola is closed again. Thanks for everyone who visited, and for the gifts and flower watering. You folks are all fantastic.

I’m glad I got to sneak in! Hope I didn’t hold up things too much. I got so much inspiration from your island!

also
I am not good at this game :downs:

E-flat fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 8, 2020

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Elvis is making jail bars. Come on over!

Dodo code is MCJCF

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
Turnips are at 423 bells

https://turnip.exchange/island/5b45d329

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Had a slight hiccup but we're back, I think someone left with the minus button. Turnips are still at 446 until 7 pm