Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Zil posted:

Id volunteer for that study

you get the placebo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

stephen miller get on a ventilator now rear end in a top hat

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The trump admin really is totally incompetent at every possible level and at every task, so it's really no surprise that they'd be unable to stop basically everyone in the federal government from contracting the roni. the potus and vp both toured ppe factories without masks on, and trump did it AFTER pence got put on blast for it.. They've replaced everyone in the government who was smarter than a 5th grader, of course they can't protect themselves

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

This is so ridiculous. There is no where safe 'to go' with this virus. In the imaginary world where there is a magic bubble no virus place If you aren't one of the people inside that bubble AND there is in fact no virus there; Then you aren't 'safe'. And for everyone in the US neither of those statements are true. Thank you Katie and Unknown Navy Valet.

So what magic test they using anyway that's both accurate and sensitive enough to give positive before your contagious AND can give results fast enough to use that info. to allow useful entry to the White Bubble I.E about what 2-4 hours turn around time?

Sounds like fantasy.

pigz has issued a correction as of 19:54 on May 8, 2020

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

crozier's revenge

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
The Millers are at a low risk of dying but it's already spreading through the administration and many of them are not. Just going through it is going to knock them on their asses for multiple weeks. "Without a vaccine" is absolutely correct, though I doubt the first part.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

pigz posted:

So what magic test they using anyway that's both accurate and sensitive enough to give positive before your contagious AND can give results fast enough to use that info. to allow useful entry to the White Bubble I.E about what 2-4 hours turn around time?

Trump shoves a q-tip up your nose and won't take it out til you agree that he got 700 electoral votes.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1258831666509996032

im on baord with trump jus t straight up calling it the plague from here on

kater
Nov 16, 2010

fits my needs posted:

hahaha that loving owns, feeding corona corpses to the wood chipper

welp guess florida is solved

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

gregday posted:

Hell yeah, after finishing pandemic legacy (finally!!!!) And starting pathologic 2 feel at one with plagues

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

i think i caught the rona
my head is on fire

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I skipped to the last page, please don't loving troll me by saying Stephen miller has the roni, good news is not permitted here

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Knight posted:

The Millers are at a low risk of dying but it's already spreading through the administration and many of them are not. Just going through it is going to knock them on their asses for multiple weeks.
"Without a vaccine" is absolutely correct, though I doubt the first part.

I know this sounds kind of tinfoil but I really do think there is a really good and expensive antibody treatment that these celebrities and politicians are getting. Like we know there are promising drugs that aren't being produced at scale and that huge strides have been made (remember when we cured HepC for rich people?)

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

shovelbum posted:

I know this sounds kind of tinfoil but I really do think there is a really good and expensive antibody treatment that these celebrities and politicians are getting. Like we know there are promising drugs that aren't being produced at scale and that huge strides have been made (remember when we cured HepC for rich people?)

I was joking about trumm getting an antibody shot every day, but I'm pretty sure I saw an article about it being an effective treatment? there should be enough recovered ppl by now to supply the rich

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

shovelbum posted:

literally ambrosia from deus ex lmao

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Trump posted:

the plague

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

gregday posted:

...did he just admit he has it?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Charun posted:

I was joking about trumm getting an antibody shot every day, but I'm pretty sure I saw an article about it being an effective treatment? there should be enough recovered ppl by now to supply the rich

It's not just that, there are various $90-grand-o-mab monoclonal antibody IL-6 inhibitors and $120-grand-o-vir poo poo out there too

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

shovelbum posted:

DAPRA had a project called FIREBREAK which was a method to create rapid antibody treatments for novel diseases, it was mentioned a few times in the news in feb but then they stopped talking about it entirely.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Thoguh posted:

They all have a state level police but different states call it different names.

yes, for example the Texas Rangers.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

50/50 either literally ambrosia from deus ex/a scam version of existing monoclonal antibody drug tech that failed horribly and uh, liquefied some folks

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

shovelbum posted:

yeah there is and it's called "the family of anti-IL6 treatments and friends" and it's gotta be worth more than the already insane dose price of about 15k a pop in pre-roni times

the news never talks about it and is extremely stuck on the dumbass remdesivir anti-viral that will never work on a coronavirus prob

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Marzzle posted:

yeah there is and it's called "the family of anti-IL6 treatments and friends" and it's gotta be worth more than the already insane dose price of about 15k a pop in pre-roni times

yep bingeaux

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

shovelbum posted:

yep bingeaux

they're all monoclonal antibodies chruned up from modified mice that express human antibodies. Basically their bone marrow gets extracted, put into culture and carefully maintained and massaged to keep cranking out that precious anti-IL6. The bone marrow cells inevitably go insane and mutate and aren't useful anymore and it's extremely tedious compared to like, making insulin. We literally will never be able to make enough for anyone but the most connected and powerful members of our society. It's basically why we're opening up rn imo

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 20:16 on May 8, 2020

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

that's a baseball team IDIOT

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

fits my needs posted:

the Millers!

lol this news has raised my mood immensely

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
The near future
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYrHx6dj0mU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I would like to re-read Alan Moore, because this pandemic is making people insane.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

MorrisBae posted:

...did he just admit he has it?

lol the valet got it from him

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

More like the sexless rangers

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012

Hell yeah dude
I fuckin love this guy he's so epic

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Marzzle posted:

they're all monoclonal antibodies chruned up from modified mice that express human antibodies. Basically their bone marrow gets extracted, put into culture and carefully maintained and massaged to keep cranking out that precious anti-IL6. The bone marrow cells inevitably go insane and mutate and aren't useful anymore and it's extremely tedious compared to like, making insulin. We literally will never be able to make enough for anyone but the most connected and powerful members of our society. It's basically why we're opening up rn imo

yeah agreed, they wouldnt reopen if they didnt know they themselves were safe

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

kater posted:

lol the valet got it from him

lol

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Marzzle posted:

the news never talks about it and is extremely stuck on the dumbass remdesivir anti-viral that will never work on a coronavirus prob

yeah it's this. several med goons have posted about how this has pulled people back from the brink but admin put a kibosh on it bc of the shortages/pricetag

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
just lmao if Miller gave him covid, that's practically Shakespearean in it's irony

also the White House is a poo poo hole. coronavirus is going to loving tear through it

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

fits my needs posted:

the Millers!

Lol Trump is gonna tell Stephen to ditch the woman or stay out of the white house. Which would only assuage trump for like a day or two before he just kicks him out anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Trump dying from corona because of his own stupidity would be amazingly funny but he has the best healthcare in hellworld so it will never happen