Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

?

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
This get post yet?

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1258804881156120579

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

That would be a really weird index finger.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Zil posted:

source your quotes

livestream of Illinois governor's daily press conference

quote:

It will be 18 months before any type of vaccine is on the table. Are you willing to wait at home and see if anyone is still in business for 18 months. Nothing will be left.

quote:

You don't think he is taking the summer away from the kids? With no play grounds, no splash pads, no pools, no fireworks.

quote:

Just because you get Covid-19 doesn't mean you are going to die.

quote:

So if I die in a car wreck and test positive for covid 19, I really died of covid

After a question about how the state plans to help minority communities rebuild:

quote:

Forget the support for the minorities, let people go back to work and make a living for themselves

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

lol the executive branch has an outbreak underway ahahahahahaahaha this week loving owns.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Atrocious Joe posted:

livestream of Illinois governor's daily press conference

After a question about how the state plans to help minority communities rebuild:
jfc

our only salvation is yellowstone erupting

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

is this in addition to katie miller

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

shovelbum posted:

I know this sounds kind of tinfoil but I really do think there is a really good and expensive antibody treatment that these celebrities and politicians are getting. Like we know there are promising drugs that aren't being produced at scale and that huge strides have been made (remember when we cured HepC for rich people?)

Yeah, it's convalescent serum. It's probably how they kept Boris Johnson alive.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Dustcat posted:

trump is literally god. he has foreseen all and prepared for everything. trust the plan

Trump isn't God he's the Anti-God

Still just as immortal tho

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
A SECOND STAFFER HAS HIT THE WEST WING

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

both trump and pence will come out of this just fine and not get sick at all

Serf
May 5, 2011

no, my secrets!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

triple sulk posted:

both trump and pence will come out of this just fine and not get sick at all

i'm ok with this provided miller dies

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Gringostar posted:

jfc

our only salvation is yellowstone erupting

there were a lot of people calling them idiots. but the bad ones stand out

quote:

Can you see other states are open and they are doing fine

quote:

States less than two hours away are open, go shop there. Stop supporting Illinois and go elsewhere.

quote:

This shutdown will be seen as a blunder and overreaction of epic proportions.

quote:

Keeping Illinois in lockdown past our Independence Day... oh the irony

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

👀

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Lacrosse posted:

Trump isn't God he's the Anti-God

Still just as immortal tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYZIU1uIS2w
lol if I wasn't lazy I'd edit this speech over the escalator video

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Is it still thought that antiinflammatories make you more susceptible to coronavirus? It's been a while since I heard that though.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Dolash posted:

So official deaths at 80k by the end of the week, and I heard projections are ~135k by August. Probably won't crack a full 0.1% of the population dead by the end of the year, but might be in the same ballpark.

How much of a hit does that represent relative to the average year's death toll, anyway? Are the actual losses from Coronavirus going to have an impact on their own, aside from the effects of quarantine and the politics of the relief efforts? Or is the number of deaths low enough to just be folded into the normal total?

US excess deaths so far.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Atrocious Joe posted:

there were a lot of people calling them idiots. but the bad ones stand out

Mayors of Lockport and Orland Park are crying about the phased approach. Mayor of Orland wants to open their dumb mall asap.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

Reality: We're calling something that maybe gives you a 30% (at best) increase in time from hospitalization to release and questionable mortality data the standard of care and its heinously expensive and there will be a million regimes of care, max, by end 2020.

GOON THREAD: THE HYPER WEALTHY ARE HARVESTING SUPER ANTIBODIES AND THAT'S WHY THEY AREN'T DYING :byodood:

How quickly we forget the youth blood harvesting start-ups.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I thought Stephen Miller was a white nationalist. And he's married to a Jewish girl?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Historically, people with money are the target of scams, Henry Ford was so loving out of touch with how rich fuckers should be, this one group could not con him, he wasn't clever enough to fall for it.

The turbowealthy have fallen for some historical cons by virtue of believing they are smarter and more capable than they are.
A lot of trust-fund kids got hit hard by the Madoff scandal. IIRC a couple of charities had to close as a result.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1258856636501733376

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Schnorkles posted:

Reality: We're calling something that maybe gives you a 30% (at best) increase in time from hospitalization to release and questionable mortality data the standard of care and its heinously expensive and there will be a million regimes of care, max, by end 2020.

GOON THREAD: THE HYPER WEALTHY ARE HARVESTING SUPER ANTIBODIES AND THAT'S WHY THEY AREN'T DYING :byodood:

So how come more of these elites aren't dying once they get it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

I thought Stephen Miller was a white nationalist. And he's married to a Jewish girl?

Some American white nationalists are antisemites, while others focus their hate elsewhere. There's no real logic to it.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Steve Yun posted:

this isn't that uncommon

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Enoch

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Steve Yun posted:

they love Israel

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

"Everything that goes against Daddy Trump is a liberal conspiracy" - a large part of America

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

lmao it's all over the place there now

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

Some American white nationalists are antisemites, while others focus their hate elsewhere. There's no real logic to it.

Stephen Miller is Jewish as well. White nationalists all have varying definitions of "white". Don't expect consistency, they don't have any and don't care.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

These people just know the real heroes are the Karens of the world.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

So how come more of these elites aren't dying once they get it

Elites have access to immediate testing and superior care. Executive-level healthcare means you don't get put in the back room where the overworked nurse on her third shift forgets about you sometimes. Instead you have the best doctors and nurses monitoring you regularly. Even without any special "cure" you'll tend to have much better health outcomes on average under those circumstances.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Historically, people with money are the target of scams, Henry Ford was so loving out of touch with how rich fuckers should be, this one group could not con him, he wasn't clever enough to fall for it.

The turbowealthy have fallen for some historical cons by virtue of believing they are smarter and more capable than they are.

Cough cough DOCTORS cough cough

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Steve Yun posted:

Nothing is stopping jews from being collaborators

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Schnorkles posted:

Remember there is a cancer drug that is super expensive that helps people not die of covid when hospitalized. I wonder who can afford super expensive medical care?

Stupid loving plane.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

Stephen Miller is also Jewish.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

nice meltdown may

schnorkles constantly burns down faster than an osprey

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

they would never tell us if pence or trump got it, not unless there was simply no way to hide it at all.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

if anti-vaxxers think our immune system fights off literally anything which is why we don’t need vaccines, why don’t they believe our immune system can fight off the “negative effects” of vaccines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

empty whippet box posted:

they would never tell us if pence or trump got it, not unless there was simply no way to hide it at all.

remember when everything first locked down and trump had his oval office speech broadcast and he could barely string a sentence together? lol