Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

All this stuff opening back up is insane; it feels like the governments/companies/etc are gaslighting us or something. Like literally nothing has changed, cases still increasing linearly like they were when the quarantine first began, and they're just randomly choosing to re-open. What the gently caress do they think is going to happen?

Hopefully cases shooting up against in 2+ weeks causes some sort of reevaluation.

Also this is with most of the US epidemic so far happening under quarantine. I have a feeling that the switch from exponential growth to linear growth might return to the former now that things are opening up.

They know a shitload of people are going to die, but over the course of the first wave they've realized this is an acceptable trade compared to losing profits and revenue.

They did the right thing until they realized the full scope of how much money they would lose, then laughed and said "gently caress it, money is more important."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

galenanorth posted:

I checked this at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

and yep, has to be confirmed by both chambers. That's intriguing

Lol, even better. Pelosi is the rightful successor, Senate refuses to appoint her, complete collapse of the executive branch as "Acting President" Jared Kushner tries to sell the east wing of the White House for some beans

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

galenanorth posted:

I checked this at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

yeah there is zero point zero zero zero chance of this happening ever.

e:

all you need to know to realize this will never ever be permitted

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Zberan Madowinty posted:

Lol, even better. Pelosi is the rightful successor, Senate refuses to appoint her, complete collapse of the executive branch as "Acting President" Jared Kushner tries to sell the east wing of the White House for some beans

They have a line of succession written into law, in the event the President dies while the office of VP is vacant, though it isn't in the Constitution

edit: nevermind, Article II, Section 1, Clause 6 gives Congress the ability to determine "Case of Removal, Death, Resignation or Inability, both of the President and Vice President"

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 22:24 on May 8, 2020

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

galenanorth posted:

you know what would be really loving funny

President Joe Biden's VP dying after they lose the house in 2022, and McConnell just straight refusing to confirm a replacement in the hopes that it will end with President McCarthy

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Steve Yun posted:

I thought Stephen Miller was a white nationalist. And he's married to a Jewish girl?

Israel is their model for how to ethnostate. They're cool now.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Conspiracy theory: the fox news misinformation campaign is Paul Ryan's revenge against Trump by getting his followers to roni-death themselves.

Fatal flaw: it involves Paul Ryan

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

all you need to know to realize this will never ever be permitted

this was glenn greenwald's reasoning during one of his cattier days on twitter when he was being contrarian about impeachment. His line was "was what they did so awful that it justifies Pelosi becoming president?!" and the answer of course was yes, bitch

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1258843109800046593

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

If Trump and Pence die and Pelosi is up next there is no way McConnell doesn't try to pull off a coup somehow

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
interesting that the trump admin started getting covid cases when the infections started to blow up in russia

did anyone pick up on whether the valet mentioned anything about "not liking the vodkas available in the west" or if he said nyet a lot

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

galenanorth posted:

They have a line of succession written into law, in the event the President dies while the office of VP is vacant, though it isn't in the Constitution

the millisecond one of them officially dies, a new VP will be appointed. if trump goes first, pence is immediately sworn in and given the oath and he 100% certainly already has a VP named in advance, who is immediately sworn in and given his oath. no way this ever actually ends up in the presidency going to pelosi.

Feldegast42 posted:

If Trump and Pence die and Pelosi is up next there is no way McConnell doesn't try to pull off a coup somehow

they'd have to both go in the same instant but yeah, this too.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

i hate the idea of hero status bc it irritates normal ppl who get made into "heroes" and makes chud "heroes" insufferable and is otherwise just a non thing and bullshit instead of paying ppl more

but lol at hating doctors and nurses

Also, why are people heroes for doing their jobs?

Every single military person is not a hero, a hero is someone who goes above and beyond the call of duty.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

well thats my weekend ruined

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

can you reinfect yourself by shooting your load straight into your mouth

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Flesh Forge posted:

the millisecond one of them officially dies, a new VP will be appointed. if trump goes first, pence is immediately sworn in and given the oath and he 100% certainly already has a VP named in advance, who is immediately sworn in and given his oath. no way this ever actually ends up in the presidency going to pelosi.

I give it a 50% chance that Trump would just name a rando famous business person like Mark Cuban because he was watching Shark Tank.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

they'd have to both go in the same instant but yeah, this too.

It has to go through both chambers of congress first to be official

That doesn't mean its not possible that the GOP would just crown someone president on Trump or Pence's deathbed, but it would trigger a real succession crisis which would for sure lead us to civil war

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

zegermans posted:

Death by self suck

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

guess cumshitter's rear end has to classified as a biological research lab now

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

men are the worst

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Admiral Ray posted:

guess my rear end has to classified as a biological research lab now

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Okay, hehe, let's say Trump gets covid-ed. Doesn't die, but is put into a coma. For Trump-dick-suckers, it doesn't matter. They will vote for coma prez.

The question is, how many of you are gonna go for Coma Trump, with the risk, of him becoming a weekend at bernies skit by the GOP, and maybe coming out of the coma in the four years there?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

a.lo posted:

men are the worst

am man can confirm

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

That doesn't mean its not possible that the GOP would just crown someone president on Trump or Pence's deathbed, but it would trigger a real succession crisis which would for sure lead us to civil war

I don't know if you were paying attention during the impeachment but there is zero chance dems will challenge something like that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Okay, hehe, let's say Trump gets covid-ed. Doesn't die, but is put into a coma. For Trump-dick-suckers, it doesn't matter. They will vote for coma prez.

The question is, how many of you are gonna go for Coma Trump, with the risk, of him becoming a weekend at bernies skit by the GOP, and maybe coming out of the coma in the four years there?

Kinda hosed up that this is how the 40k universe begins

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Coma trump beats Biden by 30 points.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

zegermans posted:

no but you can reinfect yurself by shooting load directly into your anus

lots of ace2 receptors in there

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Xaris posted:

no but you can reinfect yurself by shooting load directly into your anus

lots of ace2 receptors in there

ace2 combat is a lot different than i remember

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Feldegast42 posted:

dems have no fighting spirit and would roll over like dogs

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

despite how narcissistic he obviously is, on some level the ultimate punishment for Trump would be the daughter he wants to gently caress contracting and dying of COVID19 first

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

livestream of Illinois governor's daily press conference

After a question about how the state plans to help minority communities rebuild:

I keep seeing all these people on social media saying that people need to be allowed to go back to work, but not a single one saying that they’re working class and they need to go back to work.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

guess we are gonna have to start a new betting pool for cum cum deaths

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

i'm tired of our dumb sociopath leaders

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

why does the curve go down when the data does not

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Do these recent findings mean that cumshitter is now officially a WMD

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Trump will get epic failed by Covid-19 and the Democrats will make a statue in his honour but call it "cofve-19" or something.

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Feldegast42 posted:

dems trying to block a VP nomination waiting for the surviving one to die is the most insanely awesome and implausible thing

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Well now we know how Katie Miller got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

mods change cumshitters’ name to covidshitter