Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Riverside county is marred by ultra poverty (compared to its rich sister LA County) from normal folk and ultra chuds. I wouldn't be surprised if this sherif gets smacked down.

Plus I don't know what side the CHP falls on, they're really the supreme dick wavers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pump Jockey posted:

I was onboard with CA’s plan until Gavin said today that we might rush right to stage 3 within a month. I’m high risk and we’re not supposed to go out until stage 4, so I hope we stay at stage 3 for a good long time. :ohdear:

gavin needs to stock his wine cave

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Stephen Miller didn't catch COVID-19 from sailor or his wife because he was crouching 6 feet away behind a house plant.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

2DCAT posted:

Stephen Miller didn't catch COVID-19 from sailor or his wife because he was crouching 6 feet away behind a house plant.

cuckin' in a time of zoom meetings

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

this is impeachable

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

2DCAT posted:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I hope they don’t sleep in same coffin

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

this is impeachable

No, this is trump

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

this is impeachable

yeah but what can ya do

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Reminder that like 97% of black owned businesses didn't receive PPP

quote:

Two days earlier, she had been approved for a government loan under the Paycheck Protection Program, a loan that can be forgiven in full if at least 75 percent of the money is used to pay employee salaries. (The rest can go toward expenses like rent and utilities, and still qualify for loan forgiveness.) And now, of course—while Luther is able to cut all the hair she wants under the new order from Abbott—she’s also $500,000 richer.

Also lol at a mob of yahoos screaming and waving assault rifles in support of 'Salon à la Mode'

quote:

Her neighbors, though, haven’t been so lucky. The music store Fiddle & Bow, which shares a courtyard with Salon à la Mode, has been dealing with armed supporters of Luther’s outside of her salon, waving Gadsden flags and carrying semiautomatic rifles and handguns. “You cannot get into my shop without walking through the crowd of demonstrating people,” owner Rob Case told the Dallas Observer. “I’m not so much intimidated by the weapons—I’ve been around them my whole life. I’m really intimidated by the lack of social distancing. It’s not safe out there.”

Luther told the Observer that she believes demonstrators would leave if she asked them to, but doing so would be “hypocritical” and violate the very principles that led her to reopen

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

2DCAT posted:

Sean Spicer taught him that.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

this is impeachable

Only if they can tie it to Ukraine

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

one moment... i am detecting a variation in posting frequency

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The weather getting nice again is making this whole pandemic surreal. Back in February, March, it's sleeting, it's cold as gently caress, yeah sure I can buy going outside is dangerous. Now with everything blooming and nature is healing, it's a lot harder to appreciate at a gut level that there's still an invisible enemy out there.

Anyway stay home folks.

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

Lunch today: chicken on pasta with bacon, shallots, mushrooms and garlic sauteed in vermouth and marsala.

Had the chicken leftover and no bread for sandwiches, so I got inspired:

Bonus like 1/3rd of my dog:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/secret-service-coronavirus-cases-white-house-concerns-221444492.html

quote:

WASHINGTON — Multiple members of the U.S. Secret Service have tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, according to Department of Homeland Security documents reviewed by Yahoo News.

In March, the Secret Service, which is responsible for the protection of President Trump and other leaders, acknowledged that a single employee tested positive in March. However the problem is currently far more widespread, with 11 active cases at the agency as of Thursday evening, according to a daily report compiled by the DHS.

This report comes as a pair of cases among White House staffers close to Trump and Vice President Mike Pence have put the West Wing’s coronavirus security procedures in the spotlight.

According to the DHS document, along with the 11 active cases there are 23 members of the Secret Service who have recovered from COVID-19 and an additional 60 employees who are self-quarantining. No details have been provided about which members of the Secret Service are infected or if any have recently been on detail with the president or vice president.

The DHS, which oversees the agency, referred all requests for comment to the Secret Service, which declined to comment on the number of coronavirus cases among its employees.

“To protect the privacy of our employee’s health information and for operational security, the Secret Service is not releasing how many of its employees have tested positive for COVID-19, nor how many of its employees were, or currently are, quarantined,” Justine Whelan, a Secret Service spokesperson, said.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

It has to go through both chambers of congress first to be official

That doesn't mean its not possible that the GOP would just crown someone president on Trump or Pence's deathbed, but it would trigger a real succession crisis which would for sure lead us to civil war

I wish I had this much faith in the willingness of anyone in America to actually fight that.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Sous Videodrome posted:

Lunch today: chicken on pasta with bacon, shallots, mushrooms and garlic sauteed in vermouth and marsala.

Had the chicken leftover and no bread for sandwiches, so I got inspired:

Bonus like 1/3rd of my dog:

al fresco

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
me, logging into yet another long day of monitoring extremist posters:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

this is impeachable

Add it to the pile

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I feel like fireman is the gray area between cop and nurse am I wrong?

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

2DCAT posted:

Stephen Miller didn't catch Covid-19 because it doesn't infect lizard people.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Durf posted:

Also lol at a mob of yahoos screaming and waving assault rifles in support of 'Salon à la Mode'

https://twitter.com/evanasmith/status/1258882877288337409?s=20

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1258849412056518669?s=20

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Durf posted:

lol

quote:

If all of this feels like a particularly effective PR stunt, well, that certainly seems accurate: the GoFundMe campaign—run by a group calling themselves “Woke Patriots”—was created on April 23, one day before Luther reopened her salon. “We researched her and her cause,” campaign organizer Rick Hire wrote on the page, “and decided that we would approach her and offer to support her as our first patriot cause.

She accepted our offer.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Gennefer/status/1258119390605635584

Idk, something about that crazy rich white lady I dig

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

wait what? is that the total, or is that over 1000 new deaths?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

empty whippet box posted:

wait what? is that the total, or is that over 1000 new deaths?

it’s total, about 39 today

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

incoherent posted:

Riverside county is marred by ultra poverty (compared to its rich sister LA County) from normal folk and ultra chuds. I wouldn't be surprised if this sherif gets smacked down.

Plus I don't know what side the CHP falls on, they're really the supreme dick wavers.

oddly enough the chp isn’t that chuddy

they banned all permits for gatherings on state land after the reopen protests like the day after they didn’t follow health guidelines

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

shot off by grandpappy in the covid wars

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

this is impeachable

lol

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Marx Headroom posted:

me, logging into yet another long day of monitoring extremist posters:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

it’s total, about 39 today

lol, mississippi has fewer deaths and cases than texas does but is actually responding less dumbly. texas is hosed

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/33338/satellite-images-show-armadas-of-vacant-cruise-ships-huddling-together-out-at-sea

photos of cruise ships huddling for warmth

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i hope pewdiepie gets Corona

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Xaris posted:

the real sad trhing is california is like the one state doing it's best. county-lockdown early like march 9th and state-wide a few days later. mandatory masks came a bit later. generally less chuds and even the marin shitlibs and bloomberg boomer types are going along. lots of wide-testing now in many places.

California has its problems too

In LA County, the #1 ethnic group still exploding with infections is Latinos. while everyone else is sheltering at home, we’re still sending Latinos out to keep doing construction, farm, and other labor that exposes them. Home Depot is still open and everyone is using that as a license to send Mexicans out to work. it’s terrifying how packed Home Depot is

As I’ve said numerous times in this thread, Orange County is still a chud playground where they let each city dictate its own mask policy. My elderly friend and her even more elderly mother are terrified of going out to grocery shop in Anaheim because half the people aren’t wearing masks

And from what the other poster linked to it looks like Riverside is a chud playground too

like, we’re almost doing a good job

Steve Yun has issued a correction as of 00:12 on May 9, 2020

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/MCR784/with_replies

here is a treasure of a person. they have quite the stash of COVID IS HOAX memes, which they post

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lol healthcare workers actually keep people alive. they are automatically more heroic than imperialist soldiers.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

secret coronavirus service

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

People down the block are having a birthday party. There's at least 6 cars there and I don't see anyone outside. They live directly across from a guy who just got out of the hospital and 4 houses down from a lady whose husband just died of the roni.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib