Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We can't even manufacture paper masks

Here's one using a shop vac

I mean it looks sketchy as gently caress but IDK 80% death rate sounds not so good either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Thesaurus posted:

I can clearly picture this loser bumbling around the store, going the wrong way down aisles, loudly complaining about having to use hand sanitizer, and then indignantly huffing his way out when the poor staff has to keep reminding him to follow the basic and common sense rules.

It's a shtick deliberately played to radicalize their base

Apr 7, 2003

Bilirubin posted:

Here's one using a shop vac

I mean it looks sketchy as gently caress but IDK 80% death rate sounds not so good either

Mentions the Cumming School of Medicine, A+ link

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

eric ciaramella posted:

but can we do it?

yeah gently caress it yolo

also uptodate advises against high peep which is what a lot of people were doing early on which makes no loving sense because ARDS isn't a new thing

also here's a new nightmare for you. straight from the medical literature

quote:

Neurologic complications, in particular encephalopathy manifesting with agitated delirium, appear to be common in critically ill patients with COVID-19. In one series of 58 patients with COVID-19-related acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), delirium/encephalopathy was present in approximately two-thirds of patients [1]. In addition, 3 of 13 patients who had brain magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) were found to have an acute ischemic stroke; eight of the MRI studies demonstrated leptomeningeal enhancement. Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) in seven patients was acellular, and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) assays of CSF were negative for the virus. It is unclear whether the neurologic complications noted in this and other reports are due to critical illness, medication effects, or represent more direct effects of cytokines or the SARS-CoV-2 virus [1-3]. (See "Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): Critical care and airway management issues", section on 'Clinical features'.)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
half the face masks I see in the wild appear to be coffee filters

BernieLomax
May 29, 2002

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

entirely without backup or verification but I feel like I heard that at some point months ago

I heard that from Italy in mid March. Use low pressure (or volume or whatever it is called) and as a last resort.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Zeno-25 posted:

Believing in conspiracy theories is a cognitive defect of a second-rate mind. Rather than admit honest ignorance and put the hard work into learning about something complicated and important, lots of folks would rather watch a wacky 10 minute YouTube video that exposes the SECRETS hidden from the SHEEPLE so that they get to feel smart and informed without putting in any of the work of actually educating themselves

this reads like a conspiracy theory

Apr 7, 2003

If you go to youtube in an anonymous window as though you're a first-time user and start clicking through the suggested videos, you end up at "Ben Shapiro DESTROYS SJW with facts and logic" poo poo alarmingly quickly

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eric ciaramella posted:

half the face masks I see in the wild appear to be coffee filters

I see people with them pulled down beneath their nose all the time, though every time i leave my house i feel like fewer people are wearing masks. deaths and infections are still goin up though. that's chud country for ya

Apr 7, 2003

lol we live in hell

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

the best lovely mask i've seen thus far was a guy who tied some twine around his head beneath his eyes and jammed a plastic grocery bag under it, just drooping down over his lower face. i hope he didnt suffocate

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish
Just a late night pandemic Ramen check in for all you cool cats and kittens. The Samyang Mala has basically numbed my face to the point where I think my sinuses are melting.

3.5/5

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/toddstarnes/status/1258870865481121793
https://twitter.com/toddstarnes/status/1258924124866568194
could there be problem with my ghoulish philosophy? no, it's the people of america who are wrong.

These losers have a death grip on power in this world

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Flunky posted:

the best lovely mask i've seen thus far was a guy who tied some twine around his head beneath his eyes and jammed a plastic grocery bag under it, just drooping down over his lower face. i hope he didnt suffocate

Rona can't get into your lungs if you completely seal your breathing passageways

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Feldegast42 posted:

These losers have a death grip on power in this world

pretty sure angry chemistry has a grip on the world right now lol

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Best one I've seen was the one wearing a perfectly good mask under his chin. :thumbsup:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

Best one I've seen was the one wearing a perfectly good mask under his chin. :thumbsup:

every single loving day i see people doing this

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1258896878898421760?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

incredible

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

tremendous content

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can someone post those commercials that you can't tell what they're for until they suddenly reveal a subway sandwich or whatever the gently caress in the last 2 seconds of the commercial

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pence delivered empty boxes so at least she was demonstrating how good their drop off was.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

FizFashizzle posted:

because that would collapse the alveoli and basically kill the patient immediately

normal human respiration works by negative pressure...

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Just went to go do some shopping for the lady in a chair in my apartment building. Shits been pretty hard for her at the shops so I've been picking it up for her instead to make life a little easier.

Today is lovely outside so it was a pleasant walk right up until I got to the shopping centre. Lifting the restrictions slightly here has opened the floodgates. Wall to wall people everywhere and queues of cars to get into the parking lot.

Noped right the gently caress out of there and will try again when they open tomorrow. There was not a single mask in sight either, just everyone wanting to die.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/JamColley/status/1258962076891897856

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

MadJackal posted:

Want some COVID hot goss straight from the ICU?

I talked to an ICU PA tonight, and there's a theory going around that the reason COVID patients on ventilators are dying at a documented 80%+ rate might be because the vents are possibly initiating or worsening cytokine storms. Unlike the usual ARDS where you can use high pressure to push back against the transudate in the alveoli, for COVID there's no spill over, instead it's interstitial edema causing swelling and decreased blood perfusion. So the V/Q mismatch is more Q than V, so venting patients with crazy high pressures does dick all since there's no blood around to actually carry the O2 to tissues, and all that pressure from the vent causes further injury and worsening of outcomes. Oops!

I don't even want to think of the number of patients we sent to get vented early because that's the standard of care for ARDS.

My chief resident buddy was running a COVID vent farm a couple weeks back and he said he was "running a mortuary." Yep.

yet boris johnson only became more powerful

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Saucer Hovers posted:

this reads like a conspiracy theory

Lmao

I mean there are some fun ones out there, the US having a secret deep tunnel network built by nuclear tunnel boring machines is my personal favorite but it's not real

Who doesn't like to get really high and listen to old Coast to Coast AM episodes

Zeno-25 has issued a correction as of 05:59 on May 9, 2020

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/status/1258928653167198209?s=20
https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/status/1258942363050876929?s=20

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/benwikler/status/1258956215431966726

lmao there it is

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

there's gonna be a bunch of the same versions of that story coming out over the next few days and everyone is going to be basically "I never thought the leopard would eat MY face"

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

LOOK AT THE PICTURE. SEE THE SKULL. THE PART WITH BONE REMOVED.

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare

I just returned my ~400 dollar Cares act stimulus money as a Medicare provider, out of some sense that the money could be better suited for a clinic or provider who is really struggling.

gently caress me I guess.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
these people have a fetish for their faces being eaten by leopards

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

hahahahaha

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
And there will be people saying “Everyone said there’d be a spike in cases from the protests but it never happened!”

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Trixie Hardcore posted:

And there will be people saying “Everyone said there’d be a spike in cases from the protests but it never happened!”

America:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJHiU-X9Y-0

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Schnorkles posted:

there's gonna be a bunch of the same versions of that story coming out over the next few days and everyone is going to be basically "I never thought the leopard would eat MY face"

They are also going to be stubborn dipshits that infect way more people than average

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I'm afraid that america has a terminal case of the stupid

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's pretty cool that the R-O for libs and lefties is 0-1 but the R-0 for CHUDs is, like, 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmbo at the idea of Trump even being merely hospitalized with the roni like Boris was

Chuds would storm the hospital because they thought he was being kidnapped by the deep state