Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Dias posted:

I mean, regardless, PoE is the ONLY game I've ever played that legit doesn't let you connect sometimes because your game is in an HDD, it's pretty bizarre.

Happens in the most recent COD Modern Warfare as well, I've got an old hard drive and it takes me a couple tries to load into a match. Can't even load into singleplayer campaign sometimes without it giving a time out error there, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The best part about MTX and performance is that it slows down your game just by having bought it. Racers are using seperate accounts for events because having MTX on your account noticebly slows down loading times, even if you aren't using any.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wuxi posted:

The best part about MTX and performance is that it slows down your game just by having bought it. Racers are using seperate accounts for events because having MTX on your account noticebly slows down loading times, even if you aren't using any.

Oh my God.

It...preloads everything and adds a pooler doesn't it? :aaaaa:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dias posted:

Used parts in Brazil are ridiculous expensive for whatever reason, Low Spec Gamer did a piece on it and you can never grab older poo poo for cheap, basically.

I'm curious, do you have a link for it?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Wuxi posted:

In an unexpected turn of events,
the engine designed for this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PWQXNqmj1g&t=540s

has slight problems handling that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ5NKnSMcb0&t=114s

Why dont you let me disable 95% of all gfx ffs?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Wuxi posted:

You gotta be kidding.

n1tro
Dec 12, 2005

Vulpes posted:

Storm Brand Hiero chat. I've been tweaking my LL build for a while now and it's basically maxed out. Here are a few bits of advice in no particular order.

* Sign of Purpose is critical to getting your Brand Recall down to 1.2s CD, which is a massive QoL buff. Don't drop it.
* Sanctuary of Thought is definitely a trap. Take it if you need the ES at very low gear levels, but drop it as soon as you can. The best defense is a good offence.
* Any effect that gives Arcane Surge on Hit is also a trap. It only gives you a level 1 surge, and it will overwrite any other level of surge that is already running. I think this is probably bugged. Because of this, I dropped Arcane Blessing as well as the Arcane Surge cluster on the tree, and instead linked Arcane Surge to Brand Recall (level 17 is perfect for a 1.2s CD recall linked to empower and second wind, although this will depend how much +mana cost you are running).
* Don't go too crazy trying to get Fevered Minds. I only run 2, and I have plenty of DPS.
* A couple of the brand cluster jewel notables don't work like you expect them to. Seeker Runes uses a lazy calculation that bases the buff on the remaining duration of the brand, so if you're chaining Recall it basically does nothing. Chip Away is much better than it looks because for some reason (probably another bug), Recall doesn't count as a brand skill.
* Having curse/wave/blade blast with a 'cast socketed on skill' in your weapon seems like a great lazy idea, but 90% of the time the skills don't actually hit your target because they're not aimed (especially blade blast, the AoE is tiny). As soon as you can afford it, get a conductivity on hit ring or ele weakness on hit Voidbringers, and start casting Wave manually for bosses. It won't affect your PoB DPS (actually it goes down, because I stopped using Blade Blast entirely), but it's much better in practice.
* Extra brands aren't that useful. Trash already melts instantly and bosses can only have two attached anyway. I only have 4 max brands and it's absolutely fine.

Here's my PoB. 16million per brand, 11k ES, 10k mana. In terms of tankiness, it's no herald build, but I basically only die to my own stupidity.

https://pastebin.com/nGEEvcTJ

If you have any questions please ask, I spent a lot of time theory-crafting on this and I'd like to pass some of that knowledge on.

I'm looking into your build atm but don't have the currency for the big ticket items (Watcher's Eye, Bottled Faith, Voidbringer w/ Elemental Weakness on hit). Would it work without those or are these items necessary?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Elentor posted:

I'm curious, do you have a link for it?

It's not specifically Brazil, in truth, it's more a general "used market" video that price checks many different countries:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hQOomidXZw&hd=1

I find it's worse than pictured tho, you can never get a deal on GPUs because they're always almost as expensive as a brand-new one, for instance. It's usually better to wait for a sale if you're shopping for components.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

n1tro posted:

I'm looking into your build atm but don't have the currency for the big ticket items (Watcher's Eye, Bottled Faith, Voidbringer w/ Elemental Weakness on hit). Would it work without those or are these items necessary?

None of them are build defining, they are just a lot of extra ES and DPS.

* If you're too squishy without the eye you can always take Sanctuary of Thought until you have enough ES to be comfortable. It'll slow your clear speed, but so does dying. I found around 7-8k ES to be comfortable for yellow/red maps, but the more the merrier.
* Voidbringers themselves are necessary, but the EW on hit is just a QoL thing to not have to manually cast it. You can also get Conductivity on Hit on a ring instead.
* Bottled Faith is just a poo poo-ton of DPS, nothing else. It's completely optional. Use Atziri's Promise instead if you can't afford it.

Another thing I forgot to mention in my post - since I'm not using Arcane Blessing OR Sanctuary of Thought, I took Conviction of Power ascendancy and use a Power Charge on Crit Orb of Storms to make sure I'm always at full power and endurance charges even on bosses. The extra survivability helps.

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

If I'm rotating ITF and Vorici on Research, should I have them trusted, rivals or no relationship?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Rivals. Not sure if anything else is sustainable/worthwhile

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Numberwang!!! posted:

If I'm rotating ITF and Vorici on Research, should I have them trusted, rivals or no relationship?

Rivals so that whoever is leading the branch at the time is more likely to appear, so that you can promote them. But that's not terribly important compared to getting them trusted or rivaled with everyone else.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

What build guide are you Herald stackers following?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

drat, servers crashed or something, and i couldn't log in for like 7 minutes. when i finally did, several recently looted high-level maps (and one legendary) were gone.

“Legendary”? Get out of here Diabloony

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this is a bug specific to that one mtx and a fix should be in the next patch

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Don't the devs, who are working on an entirely new engine, realize the problems with the engine??

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Jay Rust posted:

“Legendary”? Get out of here Diabloony

literally who here didn't play diablo first

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
^^ technically I played PoE before D3 but I dropped it after announcing it was a janky pile of trash

They surely do but no looking back now, there's press tours to be done and lootboxes to fill

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

What is the best way to move Vorici out of Leader position and replace him with ITF???

What I've been doing is kicking him out first chance I get during transport/fort. But when I do this then go to Research it's empty...

And I just started a new Jun mission and Research is gone, so I double boned myself :smith:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Numberwang!!! posted:

What is the best way to move Vorici out of Leader position and replace him with ITF???

What I've been doing is kicking him out first chance I get during transport/fort. But when I do this then go to Research it's empty...
This can happen because the game RNG decided Vorici would be the person guarding the research lab, but he showed up during a different encounter before you got there. When you get around to research the game doesn't replace him now that he's no longer in research, you just get an empty lab.

You didn't necessarily do anything wrong, just got unlucky.

quote:

And I just started a new Jun mission and Research is gone, so I double boned myself :smith:

Since you get 3 betrayal encounters per Jun mission, you can sometimes not see research. Normal.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

dyzzy posted:

Since you get 3 betrayal encounters per Jun mission, you can sometimes not see research. Normal.

No, it's not. You're supposed to be guaranteed intervention and research, with a cointoss between fortification and transportation. My guess is on "the hideout needs to be run"

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

literally who here didn't play diablo first

Diablo 2 doesn't have legendaries, and I never played D3 until after RoS came out which was after PoE. I assume there's quite a few people who didn't play D3 on launch because of what people were saying about the AH.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
It wasn't the AH for me, it was Error 37.

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

dyzzy posted:

This can happen because the game RNG decided Vorici would be the person guarding the research lab, but he showed up during a different encounter before you got there. When you get around to research the game doesn't replace him now that he's no longer in research, you just get an empty lab.

You didn't necessarily do anything wrong, just got unlucky.

There were only 2 encounters. I thought Research was guaranteed (if it's available).

I'm sure there has to be a better way to do this but none of the guides really go into this part.

Do people just run Vorici as Leader? The profit from flipping pure breachstones dwarfs everything else on the board.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

just killing the time until diablo 4 at this point

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I played D3 on launch, but PoE had been playable for months before that, even if 2011 PoE was an extremely rough game.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Played the poo poo out of D2. Didn’t even buy D3.

:smaug:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Arrhythmia posted:

No, it's not. You're supposed to be guaranteed intervention and research, with a cointoss between fortification and transportation. My guess is on "the hideout needs to be run"

Huh not sure why I never keyed into this

Numberwang!!! posted:

There were only 2 encounters. I thought Research was guaranteed (if it's available).

I'm sure there has to be a better way to do this but none of the guides really go into this part.

Do people just run Vorici as Leader? The profit from flipping pure breachstones dwarfs everything else on the board.

Look at your board and make sure the research hideout isn't available to run. Even if it doesn't have any good members in it you should run it just so that you can start getting more encounters in maps

btw the other reason for research to be empty when you get to it is for the intel for the hideout to tick to 100% after you resolve a different encounter, causing whoever's in it to disappear.

I would assume most people who just want to generate currency will have ITF as leader if possible. But it depends, depending on your goals you might want vorici, tora, aisling, leo, or even rank 1 jorgin

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 9, 2020

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
I did 24 fully juiced* t14 burial chambers runs and apart from a poo poo load of simulacrum splinters got nothing of value and didn't even go infinite on map drop.

Is this:
a) small sample size
b) doing it wrong
c) rng being a bitch

(*20% quality, alch, 2 ivory watch stones, awakened sextents, al5, burial Chambers favourited, 4 scarabs, domination, einhert, fast clear speeds with a cyclone build).

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
What's the story with this bit of the standard market?

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Numberwang!!! posted:

There's folks who run him who legit want what he offers, but most of the time they're stuck like you and have to do it to clear Research. Hope you have some others there who give better rewards.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
If it's Vorici 3 you might be able to get someone to pay for the benches. The discord I check for this looks to have it at 50c per white socket (based on the result).

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

What's the story with this bit of the standard market?

It's standard.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
probably literally zero market volume

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I literally never played any of the Diablo games

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Safe Word posted:

I literally never played any of the Diablo games

I know most people are super into D2 but I really like D1.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If you like PoE’s acts you’ll like Diablo 2

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Never 0-rank someone you don't wanna move for Betrayal.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I click the betrayal buttons at random because I never bothered to learn what was good. This is also my approach to everything in Poe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Welp I suck at boss fights, no surprise there. May be taking a break until next league. HoAG Jugg is tanky as hell and nothing was touching it until the Solaris and Lunaris fight which promptly sent me to standard. Was dreading that fight, I guess for a reason.

I'm tempted to finish the story in standard and get the character to maps just to see how it feels.