Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

mystes posted:

Keurig machines are pretty bad but I guess they have the advantage that offices that have them will typically get coffee as party of some sort of subscription or service agreement. This at least prevents them doing what one place I was working at did, which was just buying literally the cheapest coffee they could get from staples or wherever they got their offices supplies.

Our Keurig got infested with roaches...it was a real bummer. We went back to being a pot-o-coffee family with a $20 Mr.Coffee from Walmart. Never looked back. (I'd personally like a pour over, but we make good ol' pots of folgers just to get by the mornings)

Hot tip:siren: roaches love the inner workings of Keurig machines. Warm and dark. They rarely got into the actual coffee, unless they crawled their way to where the water shoots out into the k cup .

Hot tip 2:siren: you can kill the roaches by sticking your machine in a bag and deep freezing that fucker whole.

Hot tip3:siren: make sure theres no uh water in the machine though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
If roaches get into my coffee pot they can keep it. Personally I’ve been using preground coffee and a pourover, it’s a good middle ground for being half asleep wanting coffee

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
For larger offices a proper industrial machine makes much more sense imo. I haven't been in the office for a few months but so I don't remember the brand/model but it grinds the beans itself and has a refrigerated milk/cream container. Too bad I'm not into coffee. Downside is that it probably costs like 10 grand.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

Yes. It's overloaded with stuff, and the interface for crafting and placing objects is awful, but it does allow me to wander around fishing and shaking trees.

Yeah Animal Crossing Pocket Camp has a lot going on and I've basically just been fishing and giving the fish away, shaking trees, and catching bugs. I hope New Horizons is better because I plan on getting a Switch...if I can find one.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Because it was the cheapest peppermint candy on amazon by weight and I want to make peppermint stick flavored ice cream.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.
Caved and bought a Pilot Metro fountain pen. I'm left handed, so my last experiences with a fountain pen have been bad, or at least slightly inconvenient, but the Metro still flows really well.

The ink it shipped with is fairly quick drying as well, which is nice. Next is to consider buying a converter or refill syringes for the ink.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

mystes posted:

Because it was the cheapest peppermint candy on amazon by weight and I want to make peppermint stick flavored ice cream.

Peppermint ice cream rules. Drop a scoop into hot chocolate!

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Megabound posted:

I've had blacks, reds, browns and settled on clears for my Ergodox and it was the absolute correct choice. If it wasn't my office keyboard I might have tried the Kailh Gold.

I’m so excited to get an Ergodex one of these days :)

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
lol oh yeah i forgot i bought a megaphone

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Mister Speaker posted:

lol oh yeah i forgot i bought a megaphone

lol this owns, time to start some protests

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

Worth every penny, just gotta stick though the learning curve. I wish I got blank keykaps now I know the board.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I bought a new bike helmet.

It's great, though I'm definitely going to keep my ugly–yet–heavily-vented helmet for the more brutal Baltimore summer days.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Thats a pretty spiffy hat.

I bought a small forge, and a grinder.

Misses nostrata was not pleased when it showed up at the door. Not mad, just definitely not happy. Now for mothers day she wants a lathe. So now I need to jump on that before she has time to tell me she wasn't serious about it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
that's a lot of dangerous toys for one house

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Dangerous toys make life exciting.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Phthisis posted:

I bought a new bike helmet.

It's great, though I'm definitely going to keep my ugly–yet–heavily-vented helmet for the more brutal Baltimore summer days.

I've got that exact same helmet, and the matching gloves. And my wife has the mint one. Though mine is I guess a slightly earlier version that doesn't say Thousand across the front like that. I think it has a small copper plate but I'm in bed and not going to check. Great helmet though. Excellent purchase.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I got some hot sauce

And some developer for black and white film

I'll try not to mix them up. The hot sauce is ~$15 AUD a bottle with a $15 delivery fee or if you spend $50 you get free shpping, thus getting 5 in the mail.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I wanna be like Mike.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
dumb garbage poo poo for babies

I bought the griffin, manticore, cockatrice, dragon, and unicorn.

And this one.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

I want one with the NASA keycaps so bad

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Pick posted:

What are you gonna do with all those?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Pick's badges (?) reminded me: does anyone have a go-to store for weird iron-on patches? Or stuff like those psychotic military mission/unit patches:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Slimy Hog posted:

What are you gonna do with all those?

I look at them one time and put them in a jar.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pick posted:

I bought the griffin, manticore, cockatrice, dragon, and unicorn.

And this one.

What’s with the random arowana?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LingcodKilla posted:

What’s with the random arowana?

idk etsy is full of cool people making stuff for not very much money

$87 bucks and think about how much work is in that.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Trabant posted:

Pick's badges (?) reminded me: does anyone have a go-to store for weird iron-on patches? Or stuff like those psychotic military mission/unit patches:

I got some weird police patches from eBay. If you search the name of the patch or reverse image search it you'll probably find an eBay store with a bunch of cool stuff.

Edit: don't know if it's the same store but this eBay seller has a ton of good patches - https://www.ebay.com.au/str/patchwiz

cyberia has a new favorite as of 08:15 on May 9, 2020

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

wallaka posted:

I want one with the NASA keycaps so bad

My Godspeed SA set on an Ergodox Infinity that I built a few years ago. It's been my daily driver the last couple months of working from home:

It's pretty great looking but a bunch of the key legends don't correspond to their actual function in my keymap.

I have a second Infinity at the office with a DSA Granite set that I like even more and am sad that I didn't bring home before things got weird.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I got a burger, fries and a drink from Five Guys. Normally fast food wouldn’t be worth a post but it ended up being 17 dollars, god drat.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Well I got the lathe, she was pretty excited about it. Now to get place set up for it. She wants a shed out back for it, that might have to wait a bit.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I bought some new Switch controllers

I bought a matching backplate too but I used the driver they included and it stripped two of the screws. So I guess I'm stuck with a stock main console forever

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I bought a matching backplate too but I used the driver they included and it stripped two of the screws. So I guess I'm stuck with a stock main console forever
That reminds me of the old N64 controller colorway :3:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Josh Lyman posted:

Precisely why I bought them! I need Atomic Purple everything

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Oh poo poo, where'd you get these? They're tight

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Rageaholic posted:

Oh poo poo, where'd you get these? They're tight

This shop on Etsy

They have different combos depending on what you want. Other stores I think had other colors too

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
You can get the shells from amazon. They're not terribly expensive, as long as you're fine with doing the DIY yourself.

The atomic purples aren't the same material as the old N64/GBAs, so while the color may match, the shell is actually a smooth glossy plastic that will catch oils real real quick. If you get clammy hands while gaming, you're going to want to steer clear. I learned that the hard way.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
New wheels and tires for the wife's car.

Also new wheels and tires for my toy car.

Also got a new car for the kid. His is the small one.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Josh Lyman posted:

poo poo, I used to have a GBC like that too...

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Precisely why I bought them! I need Atomic Purple everything

Atomic Purple was definitely the best N64 colour

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I did this back in July. I agree it's not quite the atomic purple but maybe there's more sellers out there now. Sucks about those screws. Same thing happened to me but I more or less destroyed the back by continuing to pull it off. I'm sure there's stock parts on ebay or something. Ironically changing the console plate is the easiest part as opposed to the Joycons. I thought about doing one of the other 90s colorways like watermelon.

I also changed over the Pro Controller to a SNES shell.

For content I just bought a ton of powertools and lumber and insulation to finally get my basement done. Already installed all the moisture barriers over the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Get you a screw extractor set. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Jellas-Extractor-Burnishing-Extracting-Extension/dp/B07Y7VV7RK/ref=psdc_2225074011_t3_B07GZ17QD9

As you screw the extractor counter clockwise to loosen the screw the extractor will dig in more to grab the head of the screw to back it out.