Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Hmmm, just realized how much the zaku and centurior have in common design elements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Unlucky7 posted:

You know, I never really put it together that if you removed the red coloring and the huge head fins, the Epyon does have the classic gundam head.

The chin is def larger than the OG, but yeah it's a very familiar shape to the basic design of the head. I feel like Wing didn't really stray too far from the classic shape, but drat did they love their huge head fins.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

:itshappening:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Wake me up when we have a real HG WaDom, instead. :colbert:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lemon-Lime posted:

Wake me up when we have a real HG WaDom, instead. :colbert:

it's the same thing except for the head, so the original WaDom should come pretty soon afterwards. To P-Bandai.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

Wake me up when we have a real MG WaDom, instead. :colbert:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gripweed posted:

it's the same thing except for the head, so the original WaDom should come pretty soon afterwards. To P-Bandai.

The head and, more notably, the height.

The WaDom was 40 meters tall, the same size as the Psycho Gundam. The pod, meanwhile, is more standard Mobile Suit height.

Even beyond that, my optimism is somewhat tempered by the fact we still don't have a proper HG Kapool despite the Momokapool coming out two years ago.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

chiasaur11 posted:

The head and, more notably, the height.

The WaDom was 40 meters tall, the same size as the Psycho Gundam. The pod, meanwhile, is more standard Mobile Suit height.

Even beyond that, my optimism is somewhat tempered by the fact we still don't have a proper HG Kapool despite the Momokapool coming out two years ago.

Heck, they still haven't put out a Borjarnon kit!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

Heck, they still haven't put out a Borjarnon kit!

You'd be surprised. They actually made a Perfect Grade as a promotional release. The thing was, the way things worked out the model came out before the show, so they had to avoid mentioning too much in the manual, and a printing error made the name come out wrong. It's not cutting edge any more, but it's still a pretty interesting kit.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

PG or bust, actually.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

chiasaur11 posted:

You'd be surprised. They actually made a Perfect Grade as a promotional release. The thing was, the way things worked out the model came out before the show, so they had to avoid mentioning too much in the manual, and a printing error made the name come out wrong. It's not cutting edge any more, but it's still a pretty interesting kit.

The Zaku and the Borjarnon are not the same. This is what a proper Borjarnon kit would look like

https://twitter.com/cherrynoir0032/status/1257980109820067840?s=20

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Haven't been terribly inspired to build much lately, but I found these guys while I was grocery shopping last weekend. It's nice to know that even in these trying times I can still go out and buy tiny robots instead of food for my family. :3:

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I found a totally coincidental little robot dude in my current build.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Bandai is promising big announcements every day from May 25 to 29.

https://bandai-hobby.net/site/next_phase/

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

RillAkBea posted:

A Unicorn, an RX-78-3, and three Exia variants. All P-Bandai.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

We're going to get a MG Core Gundam before a MG G-Self

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Has anything more come out about the new PG RX-78-2? I want to drop a silly amount of money on it because it feels like a fitting choice of a first PG. It seems like maybe info on the 29th?

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

d3lness posted:

A Unicorn, an RX-78-3, and three Exia variants. All P-Bandai.

Don't forget new F90 mission packs, also P-Bandai.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RillAkBea posted:

A Master Grade Neo Zeong. Just because :allears:.

I'm personally hoping for more HGCE kits, though I'm curious to see what the next RG kit will be.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Mg reborns gundam Bandai. I never stopped believing.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

They need to use the Barbatos frame to make a MG Gusion REbake FULL CITY.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

The Notorious ZSB posted:

They need to use the Barbatos frame to make a MG Gusion REbake FULL CITY.

PG Barbatos Lupus Rex, with the red lightning eyes, but I can settle for any of the named IBO Gundams with that amazing frame.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Solkanar512 posted:

PG Barbatos Lupus Rex, with the red lightning eyes, but I can settle for any of the named IBO Gundams with that amazing frame.

I mean yes I want that too, but they need to use that MG frame because its so good.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I'm still waiting for them to announce a MG Dom 2.0 but I fear that'll only happen the second I break down & purchase the original which is so old at this point that it can legally drink.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

Moai Ou posted:

I'm still waiting for them to announce a MG Dom 2.0 but I fear that'll only happen the second I break down & purchase the original which is so old at this point that it can legally drink.

They recently put out some P-Bandai MG Dom variants that included updated joints and such but isn't a new revamp. That makes me think it'll be awhile until we get a proper 2.0.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Moai Ou posted:

Yeah sure would love one of those. Having just built a 20 year old kit, I probably wouldn't do that again.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Monaghan posted:

Mg reborns gundam Bandai. I never stopped believing.
You and me both buddy.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Zedd posted:

You and me both buddy.

Thirded, but with them filling out the Celestial Being lineup now it doesn't seem out if the question, and I think prototypes exist.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I don't read Japanese, but the website does strongly imply that each day will be focused on a particular line, with only the last day being for Gunpla. So we won't get many Gundam reveals, but hopefully the Evangelions and Kamen Riders will be impressive too.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Gripweed posted:

MG G-Self

TAKE MY MONEY

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dead Like Rev posted:

TAKE MY MONEY

Bandai posted:

no

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I just want the MG Qubeley and Kampfer to get 2.0s.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

I just want the MG Qubeley and Kampfer to get 2.0s.

The Kampfer is interesting since it's a suit where even the ways it sucks make it cooler.

Fragile armor makes the Leo a punchline, but when you see a suit kicking rear end before getting one shot because nobody can land that one hit, that makes it look like an ace machine. And then it goes on to have one of the best fights ever in Build Fighters to top it off.

Easy to see why it made the top twenty most popular Mobile Suits in the poll a bit back.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dang it now I want a RG Sazabi to give my RG Nu Gundam a shelf buddy

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
Yeah, the Kampfer is definitely my favorite non-Gundam MS, and probably and it and the Amazing version are probably my 3rd favorite MS overall.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Crossposting here since gunpla!

That Gobbo posted:

Been working on some kitbashes for a trio of Killa Kans with the HG Ball gunpla kit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That Gobbo posted:

Crossposting here since gunpla!

Dat's real Orky stuffz. But not enuff dakka! :orks101:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Will they have articulation or are they glued?

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I will never stop believing in master grade Flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

So I'm finishing up my MG Sinanju Stein. Goddamn this is a nice model. What really stands out as I get the weapons together is that the non-poseable hands meant for gripping weapons fit better than the ones on HG models do. All in all this kit was worth the 3xHG price and 3xHG time to assemble. I only get one cool new thing to display, but it's bigger and does more.

If you've been on the fence about stepping up to MG kits, the fun appears to increase directly proportional to the cost. How does this MG kit rank against the others ?